Schwazzing?

Autofacade

Ok so my grow has been going good I've got a thick thick canopy of barneys farm glookies. This plant loves to push leaves out and growth tips under the trelis like theres no tomorrow! Myself and another grower of the glookies are wandering how to really achieve the best from this scenario.

We both deflate at the 12/12 flip and wait until stretch is coming to an end normally around week 3 +1 week of adjustment time and defoliate again. This plant doesnt have a great stretch and stays stacked.

What I'm wondering is has anyone been in this situation and had anyone played around with schwazzing? I have a load of tops that are gunna get fat but what about all that wasted potential underneath..... open for the jury.....

I've tried schwazzing - it's awesome!
Was this on a scrog or similar? Images, technique?
I really wanna see a side by side comparison if I can.
I have always thought removing 95% or leaves would ruin a grow

No, no scrog. The plants were quad-lined and trained.
There are some pictures in my grow diary. Heavy defoliation starts here: Nicky's Indoor COB Grow: Green Gelato, Rainbows, Ayahuasca Purple
I would not hesitate to use this technique again. The Green Gelato yielded 250 grams on only 0.24m2. That's 1 kg/m2 which I think is pretty impressive if I get to say so myself.

Back
Top Bottom