Scientific Soils? Anyone hear of or tried it?

Jozo-sha

A local dispensary has this for sale, Scientific Soils Premium Planting Mix - anyone ever heard of it? Supposed to be 'seed-to-chop' soil, nothing necessary to be added.

I shot the company a quick note to ask for more info; maybe they'd be interested in a documented side-by-side against FFOF/OC+?

Just checking out more possibilities to make simple medical grows even easier than DocBud already has!

:peace:

first post ever, simply to say:

Subbed.

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, just registered yesterday... I stumbled upon this product just a few weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see how the grow turns out. BigIrish- you've got a good opportunity to enlighten the community here. You may very well be the only active member testing this, I can't seem to find anything about scientific soils anywhere.

I also would like to hear from anyone about the product I found and am going to try with my first grow, I figured I should try and take some guess work out of mixing my own soil since I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll be trying: Ideal 420 Soil. Any experience with this product? Anyone?

I've been using Scientific Soils for a few years now in a greenhouse application. I've been very satisfied with this product. There are two grades that I know of on the market now. One uses perilite as a filler and another cheaper version uses a non-acidic wood. Both are great but i do prefer the perilite. As for nutrients, not necessary as the soil is hot. One person i know is very satisfied with cutting the soil down by a 1/3. Som other people i know that use it have reported reusing it 2-3 times with very little dicference in yield. They probably used some additives after the first yield I would guess.. I've always added a minimal amount of floranova through the flower phase because my plants were veg and flower (well over the rated 60 days) in the same soil with very large plants reaching over 10' tall consistently. Our first greenhouse year actually had 10-15' tall plants in 5 gal buckets before transplant and they were still healthy with this soil and very little nutrients. They were of course extremely root bound and needless to say it was the last time we let them go that far... I do believe no nutrients are necessary if you flower straight away. It's rated up to 60 days in flower with no additives and there may even be a 90 day available as I know he was working towards that.. The developer has tested and refined his blend extensively over many years. The only one complaint I've had from anyone was a gnat problem. Easily handled with nematode and a common issue regardless. You got nothing to lose picking up a bag and comparing side by side!

Hope this helps, Cheers

Back
Top Bottom