scored some $25 400w HIDs/w ballast. will they work?

TastelesHumor

ok so im working on my first indoor grow here and i scored SEVERAL 400W 110V/220V/Multi-tap HID high bay lights for $25.00 each.my question is are these going to work for what i want?

thanks in advance for your responses.

2010AprilLights008-shrink.jpg

2010AprilLights004-shrink.jpg

2010AprilLights004-shrink.jpg

Re: scored some $25 400w HIDs/wballast.will they work?

oh yeah they will work u can take ballast off to its easy and tehre is youtube vids on it

buy new bulbs for when you put plants under em too. old bulbs lack the lumens of freshies.

-hmmm i bet ceramic metal halide lamps (or CMH) will work in those....

cool thanks im a noob but im all about getting elbow deep in youtube and figuring it out. popped it open and everything its already wired for 120v and were like 30 bucks in after a trip to the local hardware store and it works like a dream.the bulb that came with it is a venture energy master ms 360w/BU/EMR .can i use it at all? im on a shoestring budget.

well i would get new asap just due that u dont know how long tell burn out and so on

cool thanks im a noob but im all about getting elbow deep in youtube and figuring it out. popped it open and everything its already wired for 120v and were like 30 bucks in after a trip to the local hardware store and it works like a dream.the bulb that came with it is a venture energy master ms 360w/BU/EMR .can i use it at all? im on a shoestring budget.

The old bulbs will work just fine if you can't afford new ones right away. I grew really decent plants under similar lighting. I got my hps 400s for 10 dollars each. If you buy cmh bulbs for your hps fixtures, you won't need the mh. Don't really need mh anyway if you bump them into flowering early. Happy growing.

got some purple mazar and magic bud both are autoflowering strains ill be starting a grow journal for anyone that wants to keep an eye on it im putting it all together piece by piece so it will probably take a couple more weeks before its up and running but hopefully patience pays off

Back
Top Bottom