Scotty’s 1st Promix Grow

Scottylikesbud

So first time promix grow. Using some hydro nuterients. Using the sunlight from window to grow for now.
Water when dry.
I’ve got a ph meter and ec meter,
Ph up and down,
couple hundred disposable 3 ml pipettes for measuring ph up, down, and nutrients.
A scale for measuring nutrients.
(Also the ph and ec meters) obviously
So I’m giving this a try,
Nothing much to share as this is regular veg stage
Week 2
image.jpg

here’s a cannagar I made the other day.
A450C059-1DA7-4D04-8ED8-FB7AF85A89F7.jpeg

Okay so a very late update, had a broken, still have a broken tibia, but been trying to walk yesterday and transplanted them plants into there 5 gallon homes. I mixed in three parts perilite to seven parts hp promix yesterday.
Fed them to run off, ec is 612 and ph at 6.8 at run off. Photo of run off nute water.
F2BE730F-3F4D-4EE6-A9AF-4D9F1DB211AB.jpeg

So what I did after mixing up all the soil was waters the soil down like 3 or 4 times the containers size in this nute water over and over again. Put the plant in and water down 2 more times all the way through. Took forever to do with a broken foot. But should be better in two more weeks hopefully.
Here’s the biggest plant might be a male
14F3FE9E-7A78-4211-A028-D5DD28FDD2CB.jpeg

Here’s the one on the left.
06F4FA2D-113E-4623-A139-7DCA856B714A.jpeg

And the on the right
E7E2371E-20D1-4D49-B810-A70E8639EEB0.jpeg

They be 4 weeks old now.
And then there’s this hydro baby, nine weeks old finally growing normally woot
039B1502-FDB4-4050-83B8-60227887AE95.jpeg

And then there’s my new flower plant. At idk lost track of time four weeks ago with my grow journals with my inability to walk.
but I am guessing she be 4 weeks into flower by now though lol so another 4 to go probably let’s call her week 14 should be a sibling to the previous dispensary sativa dom hybrid I harvested last month. So I’m like this one for sure.
A0ADD34C-F65F-42CB-9FB9-D7DDDA024832.jpeg

46DBA8FB-844E-4D03-9478-A526DA5B1BE2.jpeg

240C25EC-4224-4119-AFFB-D7E90B4630C7.jpeg

family photo,
6F462235-FD1D-4EEB-8A16-165333F60529.jpeg

and two more seeds that got put in soil today, they were showing tap roots. One is a girl scout cookies Bastard and the other a blue dream bastard lol. You know in the term that it is a blue dream, but not purely blue dream. Think game of thrones here. :laughtwo: as John snow I guess is a stark bastard. And look how great he turned out. So these are my John snows lol.
What do you think @MrSauga and everybody else who cares to visit this journal.
boy four weeks is quite awhile. I gotta be more careful not to hurt myself again. Sucks having to rely on others for stuff like a glass of water and a plate of food. Pathetic.
and my plants got neglected. But looks like they fared it pretty well.

Funny, I thought I’ve been standing on the right foot this hole thyme I’m on the left foot now haha. That was a silly pun.
Yeah, they should be better taken care of now,
Will up the next nute feeding though.
right now it should be fully saturated with early veg strength nutes. It better be after spending like 4 hours watering them yesterday :straightface: or what was the point of spending all that time poring water through it collecting it and pouring it back down repeatedly for:laughtwo:
But doing that should set its nutes to the run off strength I have right? As I used the same run off on all the plants?

But doing that should set its nutes to the run off strength I have right? As I used the same run off on all the plants?
I'm not sure if it makes a difference in Promix. Promix doesn't store a lot of nutrients in the media like FFOF or any similar soil which is why you need to feed early. The plant will draw out what's there and you'll need to replenish with new food each time. I don't think you can pre-charge Promix if that's what you're trying to accomplish. I don't think I ever heard @InTheShed do it with any of his grows.

Yes it was. Will note for future reference, do not spend a couple hours trying to pre charge promix with Mc.
Not all high ideas can be golden I guess.
but I should get used to the promix, Mc
Combo process. And a lot faster with you guys to correct my obvious fibs.:high-five:
Lol I’m kinda just like what.
I can’t believe I spent a couple hours trying to pre charge promix:rofl::straightface:
At least the lesson will stick much better after trying it lol

Lessens the the sting knowing I wasn’t the only genius thinking along the same lines... lol
I mean it kinda of sounds solid. Until it crumbles.
But that’s why it’s better to build your beliefs ground up on solid knowledge.
Instead of silly putty which conforms to any shape you want it to. Bend it, sharpen it, dull it, shave it, chip it. Shake it, whip it.
might not be technical puddy terms, but I think they might come close to what one uses to molding silly puddy lol.
if growing is a foundation
I want growing to be solid not conforming, if it’s not solid. then who’s rule, is growing conforming to? If it’s not solid.
I’m not looking to invent the wheel or re invent it.,I’m just trying to recreate The wheel that works for everyone else on two legs.

I’m just the cromagnon left behind trying to catch up to the rest of the growing community :laughtwo:
I saw fire and was like why do they get that sacred knowledge, why can’t I have brains and understand that Mary Jane is just a plant that grows naturally and not something you just buy for40 $ a gram to have a good time lol. Or 600$ an oz
Thirst is one of the first steps to knowledge.
But greed was my first step to seeking it.
not in the sense that I’m growing to sell and make money, but in the sense that I want to grow oz’s and consume them. Just To myself, eff everyone else here buying 40$ a gram.
can grow it for like Less then 8$ a gram if your a newbie like me.
But 8 times 5 is 40.
So once I learned that equation.
and learned that local dealers are making 5 times the profits off my dumb ass and all my relatives and friends.
im going to learn how they convert, an 8 to a 40
And spend that money I’m saving on things I really need besides getting high like furniture and shit and buy that instead of over inflated pot price that might be moldy. Living in a rural community. Drugs like weed and alcohol. Can be sketchy, is it really weed? Is it moldy weed, is it cut, blah blah blah.
So I chose to spend like blah blah, in soil and lights and meters and nutrients and a lot of time. To learn how to convert that 8 to a 40.
As is the price per gram here or was when I was growing up.
it has since dropped to 20 per gram at the dispensary’s but Ifind I can grow about an oz a month with 100 instead of buying 4.5 grams. So that is why I am learning to grow weed.
It is like learning the alchemical conversion of turning lead to gold literally
In my corner of the world. I’m the best I know at what I do. And I’m not even that good at it.

Pappy Sounds like a good man.
So in other words I am celebrating America’s bird day with everyone else, at home,
Some close family, and totally no socializing,
Weird not going out to a fair to play some carnival games and run into folk up and down the river.
But I guesS ,This is how we party it up now, it’s me, my buddy, My dog,
His woman.
Damn, lol
I always thought it was good to be single so I could mingle,
But during times of social distancing, there is no mingling to be had,
I might have messed up there.
:rofl:

Awww gorsh. I don’t even do social media, if this site required a real name, I wouldn’t be here lol.
and if I stooped down that low, I don’t think social media dating would be the answer anyways lol.
Like even if a woman was interested in me would it be the right connection I seek to fulfill my desires in me that are missing a woman...
okay I see how that is redonculous.
Let’s not turn this into a dating app please,
Tried that,
Might work in bigger cities,
But it’s messed up when your paired with your cousin as a match because there’s less then 7,000 people in town lol,
So nah, I’m good on dat, just keep spoon feeding me cannabis knowledge please lol
I’ll figure out my dating situation without the help of artificial intelligence if I can
:laughtwo:

Yeah, she dah only girl who I interested in long terms,
These long dark northern winters affect people here,
Psychologically,
Read a paper on it, my teacher told us about it, he’ll even the governor said
Everyone is a bit more depressed during winter.
But at least we don’t roll over and freeze to death, we trail on knowing,
Mosquito season is around the corner if we don’t freeze this year XD

I've been using ProMix HP for over 10 years and you can use it right out of the bale and just soak it good with a 50% nute mix and drop in your clones or seeds then don't water it again until it's getting pretty dry. Then soak it again but if the plants are still small you might want to skip nutes until the 3rd watering.

Unlike coco it should be allowed to dry out good between waterings tho will work for something like drain-to-waste pretty good.

I just put those 4 little ones in the bigger pots on the 1st. All auto fems with 2 hi-CBD and 2 THC plants. Four of the same planted outside a couple days before but the weather has been shit since.

IndoorAutos01.JPG

Good luck and good growing!

:peace:

I’m loving your shrub growing in the bottom right corner.
Maybe next year I’ll attempt growing a beast out like that once I’m more adept at growing in this medium,
I’ve only gotten plants to harvest this year in hydro,
Soil I have 6 years proper experience in what not to do in soil lol.
I even went as far as peeing in the pot in the beginning reading urine was a god source of ammonia
But then later learned this year that it is
Quickly converted to toxic waste for plants shorthair, and is only safe water set down to some 1/30th dilution of water,
Idk haven’t tried it yet just learned that pee kills plants XD
Wasn’t it fun being 18 and told your an adult and old and knowledgeable enough
To make mistakes as freely as you can XD
Oh man I don’t miss them days at all

I’m loving your shrub growing in the bottom right corner.
Maybe next year I’ll attempt growing a beast out like that once I’m more adept at growing in this medium,
I’ve only gotten plants to harvest this year in hydro,
Soil I have 6 years proper experience in what not to do in soil lol.
I even went as far as peeing in the pot in the beginning reading urine was a god source of ammonia
But then later learned this year that it is
Quickly converted to toxic waste for plants shorthair, and is only safe water set down to some 1/30th dilution of water,
Idk haven’t tried it yet just learned that pee kills plants XD
Wasn’t it fun being 18 and told your an adult and old and knowledgeable enough
To make mistakes as freely as you can XD
Oh man I don’t miss them days at all

That 'shrub' is 17 plants that I've kept on hold since last July. I had 12 different plants of various strains going and before flipping to flower I took 2 cuttings off each to make sure I got at least one clone of each. All 24 rooted and I've since culled four that were from plants that went hermie and 3 have passed on due to neglect but all 3 were of differnt plants so I still have at least one of all the keepers. They are in little 3" square nursery pots in a clear plastic tub. I just dump 3L of RO water in the tub every 2 or 3 days. Every once in a while add some calmag and nutes to keep them from starving.

Most have got pretty straggly so I'll likely take cuttings from some to start fresh plants with as I want to resex some with STS to make fem seeds and do some cross-breeding.

A pic from last Nov using my DIY 11 bulb LED fixture. Was enough to keep them and that big Hindu Kush in the back alive. I flowered out the Hindu in a in a 7gal pot of ProMix ScroG and harvested it in March. Got 5oz of nice bud of that one and love it.

Those plants are all under a 400W MH light down in the basement grow room now and I need to do something with them pretty soon. Starting to grow faster under the stronger light.

24clones01.JPG

24clones02.JPG

I'd sure like to be 18 again but then they'd cut off my old age pension. :D

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom