Screw In LED’s

Cliffbuds

Hi everyone. I’m looking for some pointers about growing with these bulbs. I’m sure we’ve all seen Blynx’s thread on icmag, there are people there having amazing results growing with household led bulbs.

I’m struggling to get the distance right for my plants. I currently have 4 x 12w 1500lm bulbs in 11”x11”. Everyone removes the domes, butthere isn’t any grows with the domes on. I know they block light, but surely they’d allow the bulbs to get closer to the canopy?!

I’ve got a light meter app, and at the same distance the lux is always a lot higher with the domes on, I’ve got a feeling the plastic diffusers could be if some benefit. All the grows I’ve seen, including mine have ended up bleached to fuck!

I’m just after some input from more experienced people than myself. I’m a hps and cfl grower, these LED bulbs I’m finding very hard to get to grips with, I appreciate any pointers

174886D5-F542-4012-A73B-C06D8D5316DC.jpeg

Not really dude, you google screw in led grow and its top of the list, a massive thread. Sorry if that assumption has offended you
I never would have thought of using screw in light bulbs for grow lights , let alone google it... :hookah: :nomo:

You would do much better sticking with the HPS. Why do you want to use those lights?
The box I’m running is 11 x 11 x 30. The smallest I’ver grown in. My 150w hps would be totally unsuitable in there. I’ve got 55w cfl bulbs in 6500k and 2700k, just trying to adapt to new technology. There are well documented grows with household leds pulling over 1gpw so they are capable.

I know there are a few people on this site that have grow boxes or micro grows

Perhaps wait to remove the globes until they are past seedling stage, then acclimate to the fiercer light gradually by removing one globe every couple of days.

The Migro guy on YT posted a build and test video of a simple fixture of household leds just a couple of weeks ago, and to my mind there are two takeaways: 1) there is a tremendous difference in the amount of viable light provided to the plants with the globes on vs off. with globes off being overwhelmingly more intense, and 2) they are surprisingly efficient.

I like the quantum boards a lot, and personally don't need additional lighting, but if I did something like this would almost certainly be a viable "stopgap" solution until something better is in the cards.

Back
Top Bottom