SCROG build critiquing and advice required!

PieRat

Hey guys,

First time SCROG grower here. I've done a DWC grow with success but am looking to try something a little more fancy this time!

I am planning to make myself a NFT system by buying some piping and drilling holes in it so I can do hydro without having massive issues trying to move the plants around every time I need to change the nutes! heh.. Now with some questions regarding my NFT system what is the minimum width and depth of the gully piping required to ensure roots have sufficient room to grow?

Now with the spacing, I have a grow tent that is 2.4m squared and 2m tall. That's approx 7.87ft by 7.87ft and six and a half feet tall for you imperialists. I plan to have two separate screens over half of the space each with an tiny aisle in the so I can try get in there to manipulate the inner rows of plants. I read that 1ft squared is required for each plant using a SCROG so if I had say go 3 plants deep in each half do you think I'll be able to reach in far enough past 1 plant to get to the middle one into the screen and prune the lower branches when required? How difficult is this? I figure that 21 plants in an area of 1.2mx2.4m (3.3ft x 7.8ft) under two 600 HPS lights shouldn't be too populated but not leave any blind spots is this too many or to few?

Anyway, any advice, thoughts or critiquing would be highly appreciated. I'll probably have a few more questions soon as I stumble across them, is anyone interested in mentoring a newbie a little?

Cheers
Pie Rat

Back
Top Bottom