Scrog - Monster Cropped - 400W HPS/MH

:popcorn: Subbed learning to use my 400w hps from some of the info here. Threw me off a bit when you added the LED but I gained my bearings again. Thanks for the regular updates the plants look NASTY! Amazing work with the training.

Thank you friend, yea don't be thrown off by the LED. It's actually off to the side and not really over the plants in this journal . I'll have to take some pictures of the room set up for you guys. As a side note: there is blueberry in there that smells so good! I got it as an experiment to see if it really was how it says and so far it smells like sweet blueberry fruit snacks :)

Flushed Today- Day 43 of flower

I had to cut the scrog off to flush them, that was a pain but for some reason i loved every second of it haha. all the trichomes are milky and nearly all the hairs are orange, hopefully in the next two weeks some amber trichomes will show turn up. Good news is that taking all this apart gave me some good picture opportunities.

The monster cropped plant is a real bush
IMG_258017.JPG

The area here is where the plants have been, that metal tray is an oil drip pan from the automotive department at walmart. It works well and is very cheap( 14$ if i remember correctly)
IMG_258115.JPG
IMG_258416.JPG

I know I'm new, but the one thing I've always been told is as soon as you know its male, you throw a trash bag over it and remove it. Asap.

Pretty sure you can still make butter or something with em. That's a bummer man. Sorry to hear that. But, more experience for the next crop which is sure to be amazing.

so i decided to just chop them early. only did one plant tonight, looks like it will have great yields though. A good thing to take out of this is that the other plants in the room also got affected so now my brother and i could potentially have our own strain to grow after these seeds finish haha oh man this was a bummer but in a cool way as well.

Peace out till later, ill updated on how much yield after drying comes out of it. Hopefully it tastes ok, ill have to have my friends give me a report.... cause i dont smoke haha or well i have never tried it anyways..

looked closely today and a few amber trichomes did pop up durring the short flush i had, or while hanging I'm not sure. The branches i pulled the first night are dry and so far there is about 2 oz and still a ton hanging up! I only say about 2 oz's because the actual weight is 1.94 oz's and I've already caught my family taking nugs a few times haha but that's ok I'm glad they enjoy my hobby.

FINAL WEIGHT: 7.2 OZ

I'm happy with this yield, better than my goal of 6 oz. To summarize this grow: The monster cropped plant had a crazy number of branches in a small space. Each branch had a ridiculous number of bud sites, the only problem i had was that the top canopy was so dense that no light got below. Top buds all came out nice and dense but all the lower branches were popcorn. I think this type of cropping would be great if it had more light.

IMG_262613.JPG

Back
Top Bottom