SCROG Question

I did consider that and probably will eventually do that. I'd love to have a dedicated mother plant tent for clones. But for now I'm new enough to growing that I have a long list of experiments and side by side comparisons and such to do before I get to that. Lmao. Plus to be honest I still wanna smoke my own for as long as possible without ever having to go to a dispensary (if possible), so the two tent yield is sort of super attractive to me. Ha.
Don't forget that you don't have to keep a mom for a perpetual grow!
Nowadays I just take some cuttings 2 weeks prior to flip (to be sure the cuts survive and root) and then once i have confidence that the clones are going to be okay i flip the donor "mom" into flower and don't have a big, weird looking plant crowding my tiny veg tent. Sometimes if it's a pheno i really really like I'll take a few more cuts after the 2 week old ones have rooted...because i feel like it LOL

I wonder if you have any suggestions for nice sativas or sativa leaning hybrids that grow well side by side? I'm committed to one of those being Humboldt's Pineapple Upside Down Cake, which apparently has a short (9/10 week, short for a sativa, they actually claim 45-53 days and insist it's accurate but I ain't buying it) flowering time. It's technically a hybrid, ie Pineapple Trainwreck x Cookie Monster F4. So I'd be seeking a shorter-time flowering, high yielding, at least mid-20's THC content potential if not higher, fruity/sweet, high odor (specifically looking for DANK buds, not stealth strains) sativa (or hybrid) that likes what I'd call average (non-equatorial) climate. I am considering Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer, but both of them, while classics, are strains I've smoked to death and don't really match up well in terms of flowering duration. I MUST harvest at the same time all plants, because I MUST dry inside my tent due to living considerations, so thus the need for strains I can be reasonably sure will be close enough to ready at the same time. Looking for something new.
I don't know how much yield to expect from anything with cookies in the name but maybe they've evolved.
There's some classic hybrids like purple haze, white widow, tangerine dream, etc that may work. I'm not too up to date on the latest trendy strains but I've heard a LOT of good stuff about gelato and dosi dos.
One of my favorite hybrids EVER that blew away even the snobbiest of my stoner friends was called Doobiebird daydream by Colorado seed company (blue dream x gupta kush).
It was so sticky that it never really dried out and was near impossible to roll a joint with it because it stuck to EVERYTHING that touched it!
I don't know if anyone sells it online, mine came home with me from a trip out there lol

Don't forget that you don't have to keep a mom for a perpetual grow!
Nowadays I just take some cuttings 2 weeks prior to flip (to be sure the cuts survive and root) and then once i have confidence that the clones are going to be okay i flip the donor "mom" into flower and don't have a big, weird looking plant crowding my tiny veg tent. Sometimes if it's a pheno i really really like I'll take a few more cuts after the 2 week old ones have rooted...because i feel like it LOL
Great point. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom