Scrog vs LST

free2blaze

I am planning my second grow, I just completed a small grow box, it measures 18"x18"x24" tall (24" from the top of the planter to the top of the box,) I was planning a lst grow but have recently watched some scrog grow videos on youtube and like the looks of it, my question on that is are lst and scrog basically the same thing? does the wire/fence used in a scrog grow hold down the vertical growth of the plant?

lst and scrog the same? no
horizontal fence hold down vertical growth? yes but it allows bud sites to grow up above through the holes.

Right now I'm doing SrnOG, it helps even out the branches by holding down the tallest branches and letting the smaller ones catch up. While that's happening, new branches are made between. Resulting in more branches for more bud sites. From a far it looks like SOG.

After watching videos between LST and SrnOG, they basically does similar, not sure if it's the same thing. Haven't done LST to really compare. What I've seen is that LST require more hands on, and SrnOG require less, only the first time building it.

Back
Top Bottom