Scrog - When to stop bending & tucking?

tucker99

Folks, I'm day 6 into bloom from a 51-day veg with an indica dominate strain. I flipped to 12/12 when the screen was about 70% full. I'm still tucking every other day and worried about plant damage. I haven't defol yet and some of these leaves and branches are taking a beating during the tucking session. I don't see any preflowers or even able to sex the plant. Hoping not to have a problem with that with these femed Nirvana seeds. Should I continue tucking until the screen is full or just let her go now?

re: Scrog - When to stop bending & tucking?

I would continue tucking for the next week then stop. You'll find that the stems will really stiffen up and buds will start to form under the screen.

re: Scrog - When to stop bending & tucking?

I too would keep tucking for at least another week, but it depends on what type of Scrog you're going for - keeping things close to the screen (true Scrog style) or letting the colas grow taller and just using the screen as a support structure. Just keep in mind it'll keep stretching for 2-3 weeks from flip!

The goal is to keep it kind of short. This is a heavy indica strain and it isn't stretching much at all right now; it's getting bushy. Screen is about 80% full and I got a crazy amount of vegetation. I just feel I'm being too rough with the girl. Seems like I'm always breaking leaves off while tucking. About at what point should I start seeing indications of sex and the beginning of buds?

I too would keep tucking for at least another week, but it depends on what type of Scrog you're going for - keeping things close to the screen (true Scrog style) or letting the colas grow taller and just using the screen as a support structure. Just keep in mind it'll keep stretching for 2-3 weeks from flip!

If it is an indica, it should still stretch about 2x its original height. I know, it's hard to estimate that when Scrogging! Why are you having issues tucking? Is the screen too small/big (2" squares is good)? Stems too thick (indica issue)?

You'll probably start seeing indications of sex during the first 1-3 weeks of 12/12, if not earlier. I believe indicas typically show sooner, so I'd expect you'll see something within the next 7-12 days. Then those clusters of pistils will start getting bigger and turn into buds! This will happen at each growth node, assuming it gets enough light.

Back
Top Bottom