Scrog

fasts102376

hello all:bong: this may sound dumb but what does a scrog grow do for you? does it give you more yield or lets you put more plants in ur room..

just curious
thanks

It keeps height down for those with low height requirements, and if done in combo with 12/12 light from the start, a fast harvest of single cola's from each plant.

Anyone else chime in here anytime :)

thanks boss:adore: i might try it with my clones.. if i can get this cloning down i'd like to try sog.. thanks for the fast reply....

I think I need to differentiate between SOG and SCROG for newer growers.

You cannot SCROG small single cola plants. That is a SOG grow. A SOG grow is a ton of single cola plants packed into a room as tightly as possible which gives a appearance of a "SEA of GREEN so it's named such.

Scrog requires a screen or wire mesh of some sorts to "TRAIN" your plants under. You only allow the buds themselves to grow through the screen to obtain a level canopy. TO SCROG a single cola plant would mean to either bend the cola over sideways which defeats the purpose. The minute you do that you rediredt the growth auxins to lower shoots and the colas growth slows. Or you would allow the cola to go straight through the screen which would make the screen nothing more than a simple support to hold the cola up.
Scrog growing was devloped to allow one to obtain maximize growth within a small room and with a smaller light. It can be done with any size screen or light but it as developed by those with small areas and lights.

Here is wikipedia defination of SOG:

Sea of green
In contrast to the "Screen of Green" methodology, Sea of Green (or SOG) growing depends on the high density of plants (as high as 60 per square meter) to create uniformity in the crop. In this technique, which is often grown in hydroponic media, only the colas of the plants are harvested. Containers are used to enforce the geometric distribution of flowers and plant material, as well as their exposure to lighting and atmosphere. Sea of green is popular with commercial cultivators, as it minimizes the amount of time a plant spends in vegetative stage, and allows very efficient light distribution, keeping the plants much closer to the lights than when grown to full size. However, the individual plants grown with this method typically give smaller yields than those grown with other methods. The general belief is that the overall crop yield will be roughly the same. Some believe this method produces especially potent marijuana, the basis for this claim is that all buds are top colas and the top cola is the most potent on the plant.

Back
Top Bottom