Scrogco - 48x3 Reflector - 2x2 Tent

uhewekguilw

So here we go again, the continuation of the Blue Dream under LED. This time I will be trying to get the most out of a 48x3 Reflector series by MarsHydro. This is what they call the 150 watt reflector. My particular unit pulls 81 watts from the wall, so i will be trying for 81 grams total. It will be used in a MarsHydro 2'3" x 2'3" tent. Using Maxi grow/bloom, coco, m.o.a.b., Rhino skin, and Terpinator. I will also be trying a product by one of our sponsors "Scrogco" I will be using their Scrogco screen in the M.H. tent with the Blue Dream. Some adjustments with the screen will probably have to be made, but I believe it shouldn't be to much of a chore. I wanted to test their screen to see if it would be a good product for those who are new to growing and have limited diy ability or a possible disability that could prevent them from attempting to build their own screen. If some of you have followed my other journal you know that I am a little wishy washy when it comes to staying on track in a grow. This will be what I intended in the first place. Test out the 48x3 reflector with my Blue dream, the Scrogco screen, and the MH tent. Hopefully no deviations from the plan this time... Please sub and stick around, this should be full of excitement! I'm currently awaiting the Scrogco screen, it's on its way from Taiwan, and should be here within 3 weeks. Till then I will be taking clones from the Blue dream(to make room) and trying to root and veg out other clones in the tent till I run out of space.
Thanks for checking in on my journal, and if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to say something. Now for the pic of the Blue Dream in the M.H. tent. Thank you!
GB80

Screenshot_2015-07-05-12-48-42.png

:morenutes:So after the lights came on I decided to do a bit of cloning on the blue dream. I took 20 clones from her, and topped all the potential bud sites. Also did a bunch of supercropping to get her into a sort of circle shape again. I believe when all those tops come back in I should have enough to fill in the screen (when it gets here) and hopefully hit my 81 gram goal. Ultimately it will come down to if the light can grow all those bud sites efficiently. Can you see my pitiful skunk in the back left? She is so unhappy. Been trying to bring her back to life, but she keeps going down hill. I did notice some new growth coming from the lowest branches so I might just top her and let her start life over as a wee bitty baby. Skunk clones in top right,some blue dream clones in mid left and the first B.D. clone is in the front left in coco already. Hope you enjoyed the update, more to come when they start doing something interesting.....:)

Screenshot_2015-07-06-18-34-21.png

Thanks Sara! I'm excited to see what this tiny light can do.
Just checked the tracking on my SCROGCO screen and it says that the screen is in Los Angeles. Hopefully it gets here soon so I can get her trained under the screen and flip this baby! BTW, Simon at Scrogco is a great guy to deal with! He shipped the screen 10 minutes after I paid for it and has been more than happy to answer any questions I have had. If you need a screen for your tents, send him an email. (I do not work for scrogco or have any stock in the company, I just like the idea of the product that he sells)
Thanks,
GB80
GB80

So, the screen came today and the mail man left me with this little card saying to pick it up at the post office tomorrow.... I live in an apartment complex and he could have left it with the office, but chose not to. I guess he didn't want to tote it around or something. Oh well, at least I know it made it here within 10 days.
Scrogco gets an A+ for shipping, A+ for customer service, and no grade yet on the product till I get it in my hands and can see the quality for myself, but I am assuming it is a good product. Anyways, no issues on the grow, everything is going along steady. Just waiting on all the clones to root till I can take them out and put them in the flower tent then I will start the flower of the Blue Dream under the Scrogco screen and MarsHydro baby reflector. I figure I should be able to flower in about a week. So stay tuned for the install of the Scrogco screen! Thanks for stopping by!
GB80

Pictures first:
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-44-33.png
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-41-13.png
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-41-05.png
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-41-00.png

So I recieved the Scrogco screen today after picking it up from the post office. First impressions are as follows:
Packaging- well packaged, Company name in big bold lettering, not very stealth for those who are looking for it. I'm sure the company could have sent it in a plain box, but I did not ask for it specifically. This would be something to ask Simon if you are looking for stealth shipping. However with that being said, the customs form said "machine parts screen" so that kind of covers the stealth factor for me.
Build quality: Excellent! Everything is made of solid steel. Poles are sturdy and not flimsy, the screen is also very solid and I tried to bend it and it wouldn't be easy to do so on accident. You would have to bend it with true intent to warp the screen.
Installation : Fairly straight forward, you put the solo ring over the top of your plant on top of the medium, push the poles through the holes in the ring made for the poles, adjust the screen ring to the poles and move down to the top of your plant or wherever you want it. It does come with screws and the tool to lock the screen in place, but as the fit on mine was quite tight, I decided not to use them for now. It is holding up on its own and hasn't moved unless I moved it with purpose.
Size: It fits good inside my 2x2 tent. Has about 10 inches of empty space from front to back and about 6 inches from side to side. I will edit with true measurements later on. I do believe that building them with more common dimensions would be more helpful to those of us who have grow tents. A straight 2x2,3x3,and 4x4 size screen would be amazing to have so there is no wasted space. As it sits now, I have a little room where the branches of my plant will end up not being in the screen after the stretch and that is fine for now.
Overall First Impressions- Good product that is very well built and easy to install. Took less than 5 minutes to install correctly with the anchor screws. I decided to remove them for now. I am disabled and it took minimal effort for me to get it in and adjusted. I am very happy with this product as of now. I also believe that it will hold up very well due to the fact it is all steel construction. The only thing I could see becoming an issue is the poles rusting. You have to push the poles in your soil to get it anchored and if you use synthetic nutrients like me, the moist salty medium could cause a bit of rust after the course of a few grows. My suggestion would be to keep an eye on them between harvests and possible preventative maintenance with a little sand paper and paint should ease any concerns... at least that's my plan if there is any signs of rust. I believe this is a great alternative to the diy screen if you have a space smaller than 2x2 or if you purchase multiple units to scrog more than 1 plant in a 4x2 or 4x4 tent. I would love to see a 4x4 screen by Scrogco, but I may end up purchasing 3 more of these to fulfill my want!
Hope you enjoyed the review and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask myself, or contact Simon at Scrogco directly. He is a great guy to work with and is willing to answer questions you may have. Shipping was super fast and arrived 10 days sooner than he told me!
Thanks again!
GB80

Subbed

Hafa adai!

My ex-wife and son are Yapese so I've spent some time in Guam. Lived in Hawaii for 5 years and had lots of friends who were Chamorro. Honestly hafa adai is about all I remember. I speak more Samoan than anything lol.

Peace

Hello folks, I decided to do a bit of defoliation tonight. She was getting a little too bushy and I needed to train her under the Scrogco screen. This will be the last defoliation till a week or two after the stretch. Depends on how bored I get. She is doing great, nice green leaves, no deficiencies and great root structure. She had a bunch of good roots just below the top of the coco so I just used the leaves to put a little cover over them. Should keep the coco a little more moist also. I'm guessing in about another week and a half she should be showing her buds.
The clones I took from her are doing great. All of them are lush and green and have started to grow roots inside the rapid rooters. They haven't pushed out the sides yet, but I know because a buddy wanted some and we pulled it out to see how far along the rooting was. Anyways, the clones I still have will go into the 4x4 tent with the other plants to flower with only a couple days veg time if that. Not expecting much, just going to use the clones for seeds. Anyways, hope you are all having a great weekend! Stay medicated and be safe...
GB80

Screenshot_2015-07-18-21-02-27.png

That SCROGCO is growing on me (No Pun Intended). It seems like a clean setup that appeals to my OCD. Looking Good Man!
Yeah, I'm very happy with the Scrogco screen! I put in the screws that hold it in place and have moved it up and down with ease. Gotta say that it was well worth the price I paid. I got news from Simon that they are going to start producing them in 2x2 size now. I can't wait! I will buy 4 of those and scrog my 4x4 with 4 plants. Email Simon, he is great to work with and ships minutes after payment is received.

Yeah, I'm very happy with the Scrogco screen! I put in the screws that hold it in place and have moved it up and down with ease. Gotta say that it was well worth the price I paid. I got news from Simon that they are going to start producing them in 2x2 size now. I can't wait! I will buy 4 of those and scrog my 4x4 with 4 plants. Email Simon, he is great to work with and ships minutes after payment is received.

Ya the size you have I should be able to run 6 with some room down the middle in a 5x5. How much do they run for a piece? I might give them a shot.

That scrogco is exactly what I've been looking for. A good alternative to a full screen. I like the ability to take the plant out of the grow space so the drain off can run into a drain when I water or even when I flush. BUT, I couldn't spend $25 on it. I'd probably try to make one myself with the same specs.

The plants look great though. Glad I got to see LEDs potential in a smaller space

Back
Top Bottom