Scrogdawgs 4 X GG#4 In RDWC Under Timber 480SAMS LED

They're just being built at Timber right now. They should ship about mid next week so I figure to see them in about 10 days or so. I plan to do a ppfd test on a grid set up over my scrog area at a few different distances. I'll for sure post the results and some pictures then.

This is all I got right now. No apparent rooting on day 3. I'll be amazed if theres anything in the way of roots before day 10.

Great...the waiting is the hardest part

It wouldn't be the same without you Tunkers.

Are you flushing this weekend?
Yeah mate I'll start flush tonight (Saturday) and then I've got 2 x ladyburn 1974 and 2 x master kush to go in as well as a revegged critical mass. But there will be immense bug extermination happening prior to that...

Neem your plants if you have the chance. I don't wish mites upon anyone

HEy SD long time bro! I was gone for a minute but Im back growing bro. You still have the cleanest damn setup Ive seen man!! Hey, Im mega interested in RDWC and Im pretty sure you told me if I ever try it I wont go back! Well I need to build a system man. Id love to have my plants in 5 gallon buckets with my res outside like yours. What size reservoir and piping should I be looking at?

You got two 24SAMS (with two panels each) or two 48SAMS (with four panels each)? I’m running the 48SAMS with a light rail and it’s doing great for me so far, can’t wait to see what you do with them.

:passitleft:

@DrDoob I got 2 of the 24SAMS. I looked at the 48SAMS but wanted the ability to be able to raise or lower them separately. I'm sure looking forward to getting them. Dan was great to deal with and helped with my selection. A little bird told me you may know him.

Yeah mate I'll start flush tonight (Saturday) and then I've got 2 x ladyburn 1974 and 2 x master kush to go in as well as a revegged critical mass. But there will be immense bug extermination happening prior to that...

Neem your plants if you have the chance. I don't wish mites upon anyone
Only other person I've heard running the Ladyburn. Got 1 that's just been flipped.
Scrog, as always you're an inspiration and I am presently in the process of switching everything over to an 8 bucket rdwc system.....I'm in buddy!

Only other person I've heard running the Ladyburn. Got 1 that's just been flipped.
Scrog, as always you're an inspiration and I am presently in the process of switching everything over to an 8 bucket rdwc system.....I'm in buddy!

Well that makes three I received the LB from an Aussie mate who is also growing one. We can all compare dick sizes lol

Hey SD, I'm just about to switch my GG over on to kb dry for the two weeks before flush. It has been a funny grow. They didn't start putting weight on until week 6 of flower. I'm not expecting a huge yield but the quality should be top notch. I can't even reach in the ten without coming out sticky as hell. My perimeter lighting I built out of the samsung diodes has made the tent a solid 4x4 bush of wonders, I think you'll be happy about the transition.

I took a peek in the cloner this morning at the GG#4 clones. The chutes have been in there 7 1/2 days now. I can see visible roots on one of them and two other are showing those little white nubs you see prior to spitting out a root.

I'm waiting on my new lights still. I'm expecting them to ship from Timber sometime this week and would like to think they'll be here in 10 days or so.

Looking great SD. What is your light setup for your clones? You dont run a seperate tent for veg/ clones do you?

No separate tent Archi. The clones are under one of my 400 watt MH/HPS lights. I have the driver set to 150 watts and have the light about 22 inches above the clones.

Until now I've been using two 400 watt MH/HPS cooltube lights (side by side) to grow with. While I'm waiting for my two Timber 24SAMS to arrive I thought I'd build a grid to test the ppfd of both the MH/HPS and the LED's. My scrog area is 36" x 36" and I'll test at 24", 18" and 12" heights with both lights.

Today, before I removed the MH/HPS lights I tested them with the lights centered over the grid I built. Turns out that at 24" above, these lights running together would be a poor choice all the way around. At 18" above they would be adequate over the center 1 sq/ft. and diminish moving out from there. At 12" above they seem to be good in the 1 sq/ft area, adequate in the 2 sq/ft area and again poor in the 3 sq/ft area. Heres the results I observed.

My Timber lights have shipped and should be at Canadian customs today. Hopefully they'll be delivered next week and I'll test them in the same conditions and report the results again. I'm hoping for big improvements with the Timber lights.

I'm in, thanks for posting the ppfd of the 2 (400w) MH/HPS

I run only One 400w HID with 216w of T5 Side lighting so nice to see the read-outs over your SCROG Net
I run Scrog Nets but only in a 2 X 4 tent over 2 plants (3 X 2 foot net total) starting at 12" above and raise to 18"
as needed

Interested to see the results from the LED readings as I have been thinking of trying a different lighting set-up

Thanks

Starting to gut the tent in preparation for the new lights. I moved one of the 400 watt MH/HPS lights back under the stairs and put the cloner in there with it. Lol, I never thought I'd be growing under there again.

Look closely at the brand name of this cloner, should you ever have the urge to buy yourself one just shoot yourself instead. Its a piece of shit. I'm going to throw away the water pump that came with it and put in an airstone and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom