Scrogdawgs 4 X GG#4 In RDWC Under Timber 480SAMS LED

outstanding dawger, indeed,, you have already advanced to the forefront of grow technology and skill,, well done

a q pls,, i recall you posting your new setup is in a 5 x 5 tent,, and your actrual grow area is less than that,, 3 x 3.5 or similar,, so,, my q

is your lighting planned on covering a 5 x 5 space or your actual grow area, 3 x 3.5 or similar??

cheers

P1140972.JPG

Hey scrog I’m interested in your thoughts of the 24SAMS I’m going to be looking at a light upgrade in the near future and an in a 4x4 tent! Going to be fun!

@Dutchman1990 I'll be happy to give you my thoughts when the 24SAMS arrive.

Until now I've been using two 400 watt MH/HPS cooltube lights (side by side) to grow with. While I'm waiting for my two Timber 24SAMS to arrive I thought I'd build a grid to test the ppfd of both the MH/HPS and the LED's. My scrog area is 36" x 36" and I'll test at 24", 18" and 12" heights with both lights.

Today, before I removed the MH/HPS lights I tested them with the lights centered over the grid I built. Turns out that at 24" above, these lights running together would be a poor choice all the way around. At 18" above they would be adequate over the center 1 sq/ft. and diminish moving out from there. At 12" above they seem to be good in the 1 sq/ft area, adequate in the 2 sq/ft area and again poor in the 3 sq/ft area. Heres the results I observed.

My Timber lights have shipped and should be at Canadian customs today. Hopefully they'll be delivered next week and I'll test them in the same conditions and report the results again. I'm hoping for big improvements with the Timber lights.

Like i said on other thread, great presentation format...picture, 1000 words.

Starting to gut the tent in preparation for the new lights. I moved one of the 400 watt MH/HPS lights back under the stairs and put the cloner in there with it. Lol, I never thought I'd be growing under there again.

Look closely at the brand name of this cloner, should you ever have the urge to buy yourself one just shoot yourself instead. Its a piece of shit. I'm going to throw away the water pump that came with it and put in an airstone and see if that helps.

Get a rubbermade and work your magic, 10-day clonage...you obviously have the skills.

Attachments

• 92CD4DAA-782F-4367-AA0D-782E6502CBA3.jpeg
    92CD4DAA-782F-4367-AA0D-782E6502CBA3.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 9D4807F7-FA16-403D-A1A7-BD858B072CF9.jpeg
    9D4807F7-FA16-403D-A1A7-BD858B072CF9.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 95
Hey scrog I’m interested in your thoughts of the 24SAMS I’m going to be looking at a light upgrade in the near future and an in a 4x4 tent! Going to be fun!

Take a peek, here Timber Grow Lights Powered By Samsung

Ppfd mapping of single and pair of 48sams, in a 4x4. 48sams is a 4 bd fixture, equivalent to scrogdawg’s pair of 24sams, should give you a good comparison to expected presentation of 24sams mapping by the dawg.

With sufficient coverage, mine is extreme coverage, you can’t go wrong with these fixtures. With a little simple diy, you can make your own for about half of timber’s excellent pricing.

These samsung lm301b boards are hands down best you can get , with great efficiency.

Sorry to interrupt your thread SD, just cant say enuff goodness about these lights.

Thanks @OrGro
I’ll be looking into them.

My local hydro shop has some great lighting options to that I may be looking at as its local and I can see them first hand ! My local hydro shop guys are absolutely amazing super knowledgeable have everything I need and will order in something if they don’t!

Happy days !

Thanks @OrGro
I’ll be looking into them.

My local hydro shop has some great lighting options to that I may be looking at as its local and I can see them first hand ! My local hydro shop guys are absolutely amazing super knowledgeable have everything I need and will order in something if they don’t!

Happy days !

Yep, nothing better than in-person, and knowlegable locals to discuss with, and keeping the cash in your community.

Cheers!

My Lights from Timber Grow Lights arrived today. I bought two sets of the 24SAMS lights. Its a total of four Samsung QB288 boards with a total of 1152 diodes at 3000k. Each set (two boards) is powered by a Mean Well 240H-C2100B driver. Each has a dimmable 10% to 100% potentiometer.

The lights are set up and everything is mounted and connected. I've had a chance to play and make note of a few things but I haven't tested ppfd yet, tomorrows job. I'll post those results tomorrow but till then heres a few early observation I've noticed.
- Well packaged for shipping, used a sturdy box and a ton of bubble wrap, packed tightly.
- Quality of materials is excellent, heavy frame and a nice heat sinks with lots of surface area.
- Nice job on all the wiring and assembling, its what I expected from Timber.
- After one hour at full power, the boards were 54 ⁰ C (129 ⁰ F).
- I have 10 inches more head room with these lights, thats big to me.
More tomorrow after I've had a chance to test.

My Lights from Timber Grow Lights arrived today. I bought two sets of the 24SAMS lights. Its a total of four Samsung QB288 boards with a total of 1152 diodes at 3000k. Each set (two boards) is powered by a Mean Well 240H-C2100B driver. Each has a dimmable 10% to 100% potentiometer.

The lights are set up and everything is mounted and connected. I've had a chance to play and make note of a few things but I haven't tested ppfd yet, tomorrows job. I'll post those results tomorrow but till then heres a few early observation I've noticed.
- Well packaged for shipping, used a sturdy box and a ton of bubble wrap, packed tightly.
- Quality of materials is excellent, heavy frame and a nice heat sinks with lots of surface area.
- Nice job on all the wiring and assembling, its what I expected from Timber.
- After one hour at full power, the boards were 54 ⁰ C (129 ⁰ F).
- I have 10 inches more head room with these lights, thats big to me.
More tomorrow after I've had a chance to test.

Pretty sweet, dawg. Did they blind you?

70BE0EEF-DB80-4526-B574-66A96D77F30A.gif

Back
Top Bottom