Scrogdawgs 4 X GG#4 In RDWC Under Timber 480SAMS LED

Day 43 of flower. Did a res change this morning and changed to late flower nutes.
When I built this I put a drain valve on the reservoir outside the tent and run the 3/4" plastic hose to the floor drain in the next room over. That drains everything but the bottom inch of the reservoir and the buckets.
Then I suck the bottoms out on the buckets and reservoir with the shop vac.
Hers the only thing they get for late flower.
And heres the recipe.

Day 44 of flower.

Everything is ticking along. Feeding at 1.36 EC, PH @ 5.8. Waitong for the Koolbloom Dry to kick in.

A little top heavy on the pictures today but what the hell.
jan11 a.jpg
jan11 b.jpg
jan11 c.jpg
jan11 d.jpg
jan11 e.jpg
jan11 f.jpg
jan11 g.jpg
jan11 i.jpg

The Banana Kush is just about ready to take cutting from.
jan11 h.jpg

I have not smoked in a few years now. Just couldn't resist the chance to grow again and not have to worry about you know who busting in the front door.:D

lol...Then that White Widow of yours is gonna kick your ass.

lol...Then that White Widow of yours is gonna kick your ass.

For me the growing is just a great challenge. Let's just say I am growing under contract for a couple people. :)

For me the growing is just a great challenge. Let's just say I am growing under contract for a couple people. :)

I started that way. Bought them out shortly after we started. Hopefully your money people realize that's all they're their for, not to tell you how to grow

I started that way. Bought them out shortly after we started. Hopefully your money people realize that's all they're their for, not to tell you how to grow

No worries along those lines. They have zero say in any of it. They can take it or not. Maybe I just turn it all into honey oil, lol.

Have you noticed a difference with the panels?

Thats a good question @JustMeds

Heres what I can tell you for sure about QB light source vs HPS light source.

The hanging footprint of the 2 x 240SAMS is about the same as the 2 x 400watt HPS lights.
I have measured the DC voltage and current across the QB panels and recorded 99.6 volts and 2100 mA, so I can say with confidence that they are each producing 209 watts, or 418 watts total, compared to 800 watts total from the HPS lights. Thats a savings of 47.75% on power. I pay 0.124 $/kwh. Assuming 65 days veg at 18/6 and 65 days flower at 12/12

800w HPS (((1170 hrs veg + 780 hrs flower) X 0.8 kw) X 0.124 $/kwh) = $193.44 power/grow.

418w QB (((1170 hrs veg + 780 hrs flower) X 0.418 kw) X 0.124 $/kwh) = $101.72 power/grow

Now thats a great deal......but if you order now... we'll also include an average (taken over 19 test points on the grid) of 66% more light intensity (ppfd) over the entire canopy at no extra charge to you.

Lighting Grid Legend SAMS-MH copy.jpg

Just for shits and giggles $193.44 X 1.66% = $321.11 power/grow for the same ppfd as the QB's. So if we compare the same ppfd of the HPS to the ppfd of the QB's over an entire grow the power savings are actually 68.3%.

Other noticeable benefits.
- ΔT in the tent is -5⁰C (-9⁰F)
- Using the same ratchet hangers I have gained 10" of head room in the tent.
- Light penetration into the canopy is very very good.
- I'll recover 100% of the cost of the lights in power savings alone in 1.4 years.

From a physical, mechanical and power perspective, 418watts of QB panel solidly outperform 800watts of HPS light, hands down.

Heres what I can tell you about QB light source vs plant growth.

This one is a little bit more difficult for me and heres why. My first grow with the QB boards is growing this GG#4 from Royal Queen seeds. I have never grown the GG#4 before so I have no first hand comparison using HPS vs QB on the same strain. I should have done another run of the White Widow from MJ Seeds that I have grown several times before. That would have given me a better platform to do a comparison of lights vs grow.
What I have done, is studied many similar GG#4 grows both on this forum and elsewhere. If I disregard @Grandpa Tokin from the high end and the poor grows i've seen from the low end I wind up with some pretty good reference points to work with.
That said and using what information I have for comparison, I would suggest the the QB boards produce a plant that grows better than average size buds. The colas are dense and hard. Trichome production is above average.

So to sum it all up......based on what I've calculated and experienced, I would recommend the use of LED's for lighting and in particular the QB288 boards. They're a great bang for the buck in cannabis growing.

Back
Top Bottom