Scrogdawgs 400W RDWC White Widow Fem Scrog Grow

Hey Rider, you're right but at this stage I'm not too bothered ... They are in flush now :) not long til the chop
Around a month ago I decided to get a couple more small fans in there to address lack of air movement in some corners - had two at the front about 12 inches above canopy blowing in an X across - they were too much and leaves started showing signs of working too hard as they were being blown about

When i eventually realised i was blowing em too much i moved new fans up away and put em on 15 min alternate on off timers

Leafage didn't seem to recover much

Also this last week I've been running dehumidifier outside tent 24hrs which has spiked lightphase temps over 30C

Gonna stop that now as it's not bringing humidity down much more than when it was just running during their nightphase

Rh 40 outside tent, 50 inside in day 60 inside at night

Temps in day usually under 29 but peaking early 30s this last week :/

Been trying to keep em around 18c in their night to promote resin

A little ways to go yet but showing 10%-20% redish pistils. Still bulking a little bit and getting heavier.

Day 60 Flower.
MG_9463.jpg

MG_9464.jpg

MG_94701.jpg

MG_9471.jpg

MG_9476.jpg

And 1 of the young'ens.
MG_9461.jpg

I was snooping around in the buds with my loupe just before lights on this morning. Looks like about 20% redish pistils and the trichomes are still clear for the most part. My schedule was to flush this weekend but the plants are saying otherwise. They look to be about 2 weeks away yet. Thats almost 11 weeks in flower and 12 weeks from flip.
IMG_054040.jpg

If you remember, I cut a small bud that looked ripeish a couple of pages back and its been drying for a few days. I smoked some of it yesterday and after about 10 minutes was thinking it had a ways to go, then spent the next hour not knowing if my asshole had been punched, bored or picked out by the crows. If that little teaser of a bud is any indication, this is going to be a very potent harvest.

Yours are even slower than mine, I harvested last night after 80 days of 12/12. My WW had mostly cloudy trichomes with a few still clear and I only ever saw a couple amber and those were on leaves. I had a pre harvest sample too, seems quite smooth and potent even with a crappy dry. Best of luck with the remainder of the grow I'll be checking in!
420-magazine-mobile158203707.jpg

I was snooping around in the buds with my loupe just before lights on this morning. Looks like about 20% redish pistils and the trichomes are still clear for the most part. My schedule was to flush this weekend but the plants are saying otherwise. They look to be about 2 weeks away yet. Thats almost 11 weeks in flower and 12 weeks from flip.
IMG_054040.jpg

If you remember, I cut a small bud that looked ripeish a couple of pages back and its been drying for a few days. I smoked some of it yesterday and after about 10 minutes was thinking it had a ways to go, then spent the next hour not knowing if my asshole had been punched, bored or picked out by the crows. If that little teaser of a bud is any indication, this is going to be a very potent harvest.
Stunning imagery. Can't help but feel being ass raped is not a good indication of nice weed lol I know I wouldn't be running back for seconds that's for sure.

Who am I kidding, I'd never say no...

For this first ever grow I put together a simple 2 bucket RDWC system with 5 gallon buckets a 320 gal/hr submersible water pump and 2 - 4 L/hr air pumps (1 in each bucket). It has served me well and functioned great. My plan was always to build a more permanent larger system, and armed with a little knowledge from this first grow I've started construction. Here's a picture of the first system that I'm currently using.
MG_8795.jpg

After much discussion with another member on material, piping size, water volume, air volume and many other aspects that would make a good compact system, the member produced diagram of what we had envisioned and I built a prototype. Although not in service yet this system should function very well for many grows for many years.

It is a 4 bucket RDWC system with a 56L (14.7 Gal/US.) reservoir. I will be using a 1000 gal/hr submersible water pump and 1 - 20 L/hr air pump split 4 ways to each bucket. We decided on 3/4" PVC on the pump side and 1.5" PVC on the return side. I used Uniseals in the buckets instead of bulkheads. A 2 valve manifold was incorporated on the return side and if you follow the flow you'll see it is designed to operate with the bottom valve closed forcing the return water through the top side of the manifold back to the reservoir. By doing this the water level in the buckets will never run below 1.5 inches below the netpots. In the event of a power failure or water pump failure the roots will always be submersed in the nutrient solution. The bottom valve is used only to drain the system completely when you do a reservoir change. A standpipe was incorporated into the return line as a fail-safe measure to prevent any possibility of a siphon occurring and overflowing the reservoir in a power outage. This system is very compact and measures 30" W X 60"L X 15"H and I've allowed for expansion to more buckets if they were ever needed.

Heres a few pictures of what I've constructed so far although I still need to hook up the reservoir and run the air lines to each bucket. Please let me know if you see anything blatantly wrong with the design or have any ideas for improvement.
MG_9497.jpg

MG_9500.jpg

MG_9492.jpg

MG_9487.jpg

MG_9491.jpg

MG_9490.jpg

Wow, how impressive, indeed. That huge learning curve is Nuttin but a stroll in the woods,, nice workin it friend.

The only think I can see out of place is you may need to move the car under the stairs and put that system into yer garage. Gonna need that space far as I can tell.

Good stuff dawgy,, very good dawgy indeed,, salude, oh, and reps too

Showing some good red hairs but trichomes are still mostly clear. I'll look at the trichomes again in a few days.

Day 64 Flower.
MG_9510.jpg

MG_9508.jpg

MG_95191.jpg

MG_95031.jpg

MG_95061.jpg

After much discussion with another member on material, piping size, water volume, air volume and many other aspects that would make a good compact system, the member produced diagram of what we had envisioned and I built a prototype. Although not in service yet this system should function very well for many grows for many years.

I'm sure that other member is watching over you and is hoping for great things and much joy from your grow.

Back
Top Bottom