Scrogdawg's Banana Kush Feminised, In RDWC Under QB288 LED's

There are two valves on that return line loop @Guy Cavallero . In normal operation the bottom valve is closed and forces the water over the top side of the loop. The centerline of that top pipe is where the water level will always stay in the buckets, the height of the loop is determined before construction. In the event of a pump failure or power outage the buckets can only flow back to that level, hence never flooding the reservoir and always having full buckets even if there is no circulation. The bottom valve is used for reservoir changes when I want to empty the buckets. In one of the pictures earlier you'll see a valve on the outside of the reservoir. I hook a hose to that and run it to the floor drain next room over from where the tent is. I open that bottom return valve which lets everything flow back to the reservoir and open the reservoir valve to run everything to the floor drain.

There are two valves on that return line loop @Guy Cavallero . In normal operation the bottom valve is closed and forces the water over the top side of the loop. The centerline of that top pipe is where the water level will always stay in the buckets, the height of the loop is determined before construction. In the event of a pump failure or power outage the buckets can only flow back to that level, hence never flooding the reservoir and always having full buckets even if there is no circulation. The bottom valve is used for reservoir changes when I want to empty the buckets. In one of the pictures earlier you'll see a valve on the outside of the reservoir. I hook a hose to that and run it to the floor drain next room over from where the tent is. I open that bottom return valve which lets everything flow back to the reservoir and open the reservoir valve to run everything to the floor drain.

I see......hence the elevated res! Cool concept, simple really, like a kitchen p trap.
Definitely changing up my 1" return line, and now that I can, I'm gonna get it all ready ahead of next run. Really, it's just piping and new buckets. I'll reuse the pump. So 3/4" CPVC feed lines and 2" returns.....correct? Any disadvantages to using ABS, other than the black colour? I've already bought a 1/4 hp chiller.

So scrog, with the quantum boards..... Do you find a particular height above them to be best? I don't want to go so high with my new light that I don't benefit the plants 100%, but I also want to make sure I don't go too low. Any recommendations?

So scrog, with the quantum boards..... Do you find a particular height above them to be best? I don't want to go so high with my new light that I don't benefit the plants 100%, but I also want to make sure I don't go too low. Any recommendations?
I'm new to QB's and don't have a light meter. But a couple of weeks ago my plants were droppy like they were over watered. I tried everything and still they looked the same. I had them sitting on totes with the QB's kinda close, maybe 12"-18" above canopy. I took the totes out, sat pots on floor and dimmed lights a little and Bam they percked back up next day. I think they were too intense or too many photons for 4 week old plants

I'm new to QB's and don't have a light meter. But a couple of weeks ago my plants were droppy like they were over watered. I tried everything and still they looked the same. I had them sitting on totes with the QB's kinda close, maybe 12"-18" above canopy. I took the totes out, sat pots on floor and dimmed lights a little and Bam they percked back up next day. I think they were too intense or too many photons for 4 week old plants
Great place to start, thanks Dank!

I'm amazed at how much light 3 boards put out in my little 32"x48"x60" tent. I'm running around 60%
I'm replacing a 1000 with 3 Samsung 561c's I'm hoping that they do the trick. I do have a dimmer with my system as well. I got these for a sick price, one of the guys that we all know on here opened an online business and is selling them at what I consider rock-bottom prices.

Nice! I'm going from a 1k hps. I'm still vegging but looking forward to seeing in flower. I'm looking at getting some more for another tent dedicated to flower. The boards I have now are 4k's, good for veg. I want 3k's for flower.

Where do I get a set of those lights? The timber site only has cons and I want the qb’s. amazon have hlc boards with the Samsung diodes for 1350 but I like the individual heatsinksbon that unit.
Send Dan a message at timber. They sometimes have QB's in stock that are not listed on the website. That's how I got mine last month

Where do I get a set of those lights? The timber site only has cons and I want the qb’s. amazon have hlc boards with the Samsung diodes for 1350 but I like the individual heatsinksbon that unit.
PM me. I dont want to hijack Scrogs thread.

I have to get me one of the Magical Butter Machines Scrog. I'm not really handy in the kitchen, and have young kids around, so I need to go the easy route.

Back
Top Bottom