Scrogging In The DIY Tent

Hello, Its that time again.

Grow area, 4 1/2x 4 1/2 DIY tent.
Soil, FFO,H Frog,Warrior mixed even
Water, Five stage R/O system P/H 7.0
Style of grow... Scrog baby..
Plants age, Six months in counting.
Pot, Smart pot 7 gallon.
Light's, Znet4 and Spider. Might be changed soon.
Strain, ICE Bomb
Info on Ice bomb. The strain is full of flavour and a heavy coating of ice white crystals. It is a three way hybrid of Vanilla Kush, White Rhino and our original Bomb #1, making it extremely potent and one of the most exciting new genetic crosses available.

The finished buds are incredibly resinous and are covered in a thick bed of ice white crystals full of THC. When cured they have an intense flavour and smell that is an appealing blend of chocolate with hints of vanilla. Ice Bomb is indica dominant, staying quite short but also extending outwards to form a fantastic bushy plant that will tend to produce a large single kola, whilst still producing heavy yielding side branches. During flowering the buds and leaves can develop a purple sheen making it particularly attractive. Ice Bomb is very consistent and hardy and it will grow well even in difficult or less favourable conditions.

This strain is ideal indoor & out and will thrive in SOG and SCROG systems. Indoors the plant is a good producer with yields up to 500g/m2. THC and CBD are both very high (THC +20%) making it ideal for medical use with relaxation in mind.

Plant Height: Medium (90-140cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
THC: High (17-22%)
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
Yield: High (500-600g/m²)
Stoned/High: Relaxing Indica Stone

Here is Miss Ice under her scrog.
20141013_001558.jpg
20141013_001551.jpg

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you all here threw the grow.

im in! was just talking with a friend of mine about your diy tents. his funds are tied up and i recall you building a tent for 60-80 dollars. i directed him to your utube channel. great job man, keep inspiring!

I&i

cool grow im watching :):popcorn:

Subscribed, CO Finest.

Thank you all for stopping by. I am almost done with the outdoor harvest. I got 1 and 1/2 plants to go... The rack has been full for three weeks now with non stop drying going on.
20141019_171110.jpg
20141019_171101.jpg

I will be getting back to posting every day or so when I get the outdoors dealt with. Until then I would like you all to meat my two friends I call THE BOWL PACKERS!!!!
20141020_025327.jpg
20141020_025447.jpg

nice trimming work,Ive built one of your diy tents,works great.

Thank you. Awesome to hear you are running the DIY tent. Mine gets the job done and that is what counts.

Man.. I forgot I started this journal. Well for now on I will keep the diy updates going on here.
Here is the latest pic
20141202_235904.jpg
20141203_000050.jpg
20141203_000058.jpg
20141203_000106.jpg
20141203_000136.jpg

She is growing like crazy. I moved lights all the way up as high as they go. Running out of room fast.

I'm in, learning the scrog technique, thanks!

:Namaste:

Had you piped in to my email CO Finest so I would not miss anything. :adore: ;)

I'm in, learning the scrog technique, thanks!

Awesome. Anything I can do to help more with just let me know and I will do what I can.

:Namaste:

Had you piped in to my email CO Finest so I would not miss anything. :adore: ;)

Outstanding my friend. Always nice to see you stopping by.

Outstanding my friend. Always nice to see you stopping by.

I get what you're doing, (not saying I can do it yet) but what I need to understand if it works with my set-up. I'm wondering if I'm ready for a full scrog like you do, or maybe I'll just start with some type of hybrid with the milk crates holding my 5G smart pots. From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong but you basically lock in the plant with a 'true' scrog. And, I'm wondering if having the ability to rotate the plant(s) and/or get some light and air all around is the best, for me -- right now. I can see myself doing something like you do but I think I would want to veg for four months or so, and while there are benefits, there are drawbacks. But, being able to see what you're doing is priceless to my development as a grower.

I get what you're doing, (not saying I can do it yet) but what I need to understand if it works with my set-up. I'm wondering if I'm ready for a full scrog like you do, or maybe I'll just start with some type of hybrid with the milk crates holding my 5G smart pots. From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong but you basically lock in the plant with a 'true' scrog. And, I'm wondering if having the ability to rotate the plant(s) and/or get some light and air all around is the best, for me -- right now. I can see myself doing something like you do but I think I would want to veg for four months or so, and while there are benefits, there are drawbacks. But, being able to see what you're doing is priceless to my development as a grower.

Hello my friend. Sorry some how I missed this post. When under the net and plant grows in you can not move it. The net is now supporting the plant. If doing a one net scrog then that is just support plant and let you grow her out as far as the net go's. The double scrog is used for that and the top net is to support the cola's. The top net is where you want no more then half of the cola growing threw. when the buds get heavy they have something to help hold them up so you do not have to use a ton of yoyo's. It is important to keep all cola's standing straight up and not leaning over. No different then a outside grow when vegging a long time is just letting the plant age like it does in the outdoor life. The only real draw back would be if using soil with nutes in it, over time they will be gone so making the grow a little harder if you are not use to adding nutes that are needed. When planing a good scrog you need to look at everything the plant or plants are going to need and get that in place. Like fans to move around air,Lights, How the intake and exhaust is going to be setup. Everything should be done before plants go in. Really with any grow the more you plan the less problems in the long run. The fun for me is trying. Some things work for me and some don't. We all have our own style and prefer things a little different.

The D.I.Y tent is in its finale months of flower. So far it is out growing all the other plants in flower. I am waiting on the Mars 700 to add to the other two lights in the tent. Right now she is growing with only 300 true watts. The bud development is outstanding and just putting on weight every day. The resin growth is outstanding but expected with the strain. I will try and get some true color pic tonight and get some close up pic to post.

Hey CO finest. Nice thread. Hoping I could shoot a couple of questions:

1. Do you have a channel on youtube with same avatar? Have watched a few eps
2. If I remove my scrog will it cause any harm. I plan to be careful and cut it out. The reason is I lost a plant to mites and may need to move them around more to rid the pests/better light spread/easier to work on.
3.Z-net lights: what are ur thoughts - ive only seen one impressive grow with them. I will have to read ur thread as well to compare ur results.

Sorry to bomb you with the questions. Hope everything is well in the garden. Happy new year!! :)

Back
Top Bottom