Scrogging The Big Girls

Very nice THICK stalk to support the plants(looks like a tree branch, awesome), I recycle my soil and root ball back to the earth. Composting at it's finest.

Great reads, and great videos CO Finest. Really appreciate you taking the time to do those vids, ive learned alot. I was looking all over the net for reviews on the marshydro lights, like testimonials, and had pritty much given up on it till i came across your threads by accident lol.
Ok now more to the point, I have been scoping out ebay for some good led lights mane, and wanted to throw some your way(also all the others keeping up with this thread). I hope to get some input from you on your guess if theyd be good or not. Ive been researching and it seems like the newer released led's have IR and UV spectrum, so ive been paying attention to that, and also weight as compared to Marshydro. Oh and PRICE

--We will Call these set of lights below GalaxyHydros --(seems comparable to old style marshydro but with both UV and IR)

- 270watt UFO - For the price at $78.89 shipped, its in the other UFO's price range, also its supposedly higher wattage than all the others. Its got both UV and IR, Spectrum of Light: Blue(430~440nm)Blue(450~460nm),470nmOrange(610-615nm)Red(620~630nm)Red(650~660nm),white,UV 380 - 400nm,Infrared spectrum: 730nm

-300watt- $88.90 shipped. Same people who made 270watt UFO. Its smaller than old style marshydro 300w at 300mm length while mars is 400mm length. It also weighs less than marshydro at 2.5kg's while the mars is 3.5kg's. Its got both UV and IR while mars only has the IR. On ebay marshydro warns against this type of light saying it has 1watt diodes instead of the advertised 3watt. Im not sure about that, there lights seem legit,

- 300watt Dimmable - $107.99 shipped. This is made by the same people as the 270w UFO. Its the same size as the 300w old Style MarsHydro 400mm, but weighs slightly more at 4kg's. The old style marshydro weighs 3.5kg's and has IR but no UV. This Dimmable light has both UV and IR(I messaged the seller, he said it has 1 piece UV and 1 piece IR(does that match up to the picture?))

- 600watt - $195.39 Of course made by same people as the 270watt ufo, has both IR and UV, its 440mm, same size as teh old style mars 600w light.

**We will call these set of lights HydroStar**( seems comparable to mars reflector style)

** 400watt Square Panel ** $122.99 shipped Mix of 3watt and 5watt diodes. 380mm length, looks like they dont have UV or IR, but they look new, as in they look like reflectors.

** 600watt Square Panel ** $196.59 shipped, Looks liek they are all 5watt diodes, the light spectrum says 3500k and 6500k, is that uv and ir?? Im guessing the smaller 400watt panel above probly has the same. Same size as the 400watt panel at 380mm

## We will call these Growboss and Diamond ## (they seem comparable to mars II) Apparently Marshydro warns against these 2 lights saying that they are cheaply made and that 6watt diodes dont even exist? Marshydro also says "Beware Fake 900W They 3.6kg 250w only try with meter!!" If u click on a mars II link towards the bottom u will see what im talking about. Ive also read the feedback these guys are getting, couple negative feedbacks on ebay comparing about the wall watt draw on their 300watt light saying its only pulling 80watt.. Now good lights draw about half of what they are advertised at, Marshydro says that the Growboss 900watt is only drawing 250watt making it a 500watt for 230$ which is on the more expensive side,when you can get a good Marshydro old style 600watt for 200$.

## 900watt square panel ## Auctions only, $230-250, They are saying they have 150 pieces of 6watt Diodes. Size is 331mm, they have IR but no UV.

##1200watt square panel ## Auctions only, $320-350 they are saying 200 pieces of 6watt diodes, size is 400mm. They have IR but no UV.

$$$Then for comparison heres some of the MarsHydro tried and true lights on ebay$$$

$Marshydro UFO$$ 180watt UFO, $80.29 shipped, IR but no UV

$Marshydro old style 300w Panel$ $104.98 shipped, IR but no UV

$Marshydro old style 600w Panel$ $209.99 shipped, IR but no UV

$Marshydro Reflector 150watt$ $99.99 shipped, looks like IR but no UV

$Marshydro Reflector 300watt$ $169.98 shipped, looks like IR but no UV

$Marshydro Reflector 450watt$ $256.99 shipped, looks like IR but no UV

$Marshydro II 400watt-1600watt$ $195-$660 5watt diodes, looks like IR but no UV!!!????

That about does it, lots of browsing on ebay and those are the deals ive found, peace out

Oh and P.S. It looks like Marshydro has thrown on a bunch of auctions on ebay in the past couple days for all thier lights, guess they stepping up thier game and getting rid of some inventory, im seeing Mars II lights for auction brand new reflectors all of them, never seen them up for auction no reserve. Marshydro, keep the auctions up, because Growboss and Diamond imitations are selling for 200-300$ a piece, all day everyday, for the past year it looks like, they are making a killing putting up these auctions, please leave all your lights on auction and keep relisting them, looks like Growboss has ripped alot of people off!!

Keep it up Marshydro! Im looking at Mars 2 or Mars Reflector if these auctions go for a better deal than your buy it nows. Otherwise, I'm either buying a couple of those 270watt Ufo's, 300watt Dimmable from your competitor's(GalaxyHydro), also those (HydroStar) reflectors at 400w and 600w are looking good too.

CONCLUSIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS ON LIGHTS::

After doing some more researching, ive found out some of the true watts pulled from some of the unknown ebay leds. Ive also found out some new info on some lights that I will post.

That 270w UFO known as GalaxyHydro- While it does have more diodes than MarsHydro UFO, Its true watt pull is only 100 Watts. When you compare that to the MarsHydro 180w UFO which Pulls 90-120 Watts, the Marshydro seems like the better choice. $79 GalaxyHydro UFO vs $80 MarsHydro UFO

That 300w Dimmable known as GalaxyHydro- Its true watt pull is 130-140 Watts. While MarsHydro 300w Panel pulls 150-170watts. The MarsHydro Seems like the better choice once again. $108 GalaxyHydro vs $105 MarsHydro

That 400w HydroStar reflector panel- Its got 4 Panels in that one light fixture, each panel is 100w compared to MarsHydro which are 150w each panel. The HydroStar has a neat mix of 3w and 5w while the Mars is only 3w. Hydrostar's True Watt Draw is 200 Watts, while the MarsHydro 2 Panel design Matches it at 200 watts. The Hydrostar is packed tighter at being 380mm across 2 panels wide, and 320mm 2 panels Deep. The MarsHydro is wider with 2 panels across measuring at 559mm, 2 panels deep at 477mm. 123$ 400w HydroStar vs $165 MarsHydro 300w 2 Panel Reflector This is a hard decision to make, alot to consider thinking about the shape of the lights and what they can cover. Price also influences on is it a better buy if you can buy more than one.

That 600w HydroStar reflector panel- Its got 4 Panels in that one light fixture, each panel is 125w compared to MarsHydro which are 150w each panel. Its Diodes are all 5w. Its true watt draw is 312 watts compared to the Mars 450w 3 Panel reflector at 300w. Its the same exact size as the 400w model. $196 HydroStar vs $249 Marshydro 3 Panel reflector Same as before,its a hard decision to make, alot to consider thinking about the shape of the lights and what they can cover. Price also influences on is it a better buy if you can buy more than one.

Those Growbosses and Diamonds are trash- I Would edit them out but i want something to be said something about them so no one ever buys them to take a chance on. Ill be reposting this somewhere more appropriate on the forum.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thnx CO for the cool 'Bending Technique' !
Gwanna try it here in beautiful dwn Burbank!
I've been tryng down my Jack Herer's, but in my nubian way ,unfoutunate lesson learned was that where the string was tied to Jacky's stem, caused plant to split when i tried to dunk whole plant during the 'Battle Of The Borg' ...it survived & is curing as we speak...also
Do you PH your tap water dwn 4 Foliar-ing/watering ? & what week etc.do u add Nutes (FF Grow Big ) to clone seedlings now in soil??
Cheers!! -Ivan-hoe

Back
Top Bottom