Scrogging The Big Girls

Whats up 420mag!!!
Welcome to another CO FINEST Journal.
We are going with the big girls this time around. Six months in veg and the might just stay in veg for another month under the LED's to fill the nets. We just might have some light changes and little test plants going on this time around but for now lets kick this grow off with some info..

Pot is 7 gallon smart pot.
Soil is FFO,H Frog,Warrior all mixed even amounts.
Nutes will be Technaflora and Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching.
Water is a 5 stage R/O system with a P/H at 7.0
Power to room is three 20amp 120 lines and one 15amp 120 line.
Style of grow ummm you guessed it double scrog

Now moving on to the plants.
First up in the right corner in the 5x10 tent is THC Bomb. She is six month veg and is a seed plant.
THC Bomb is the original signature strain of Bomb Seeds. It has created rave reviews around the world. This strain has it all a mixture of giant, rock-hard buds and explosively high THC levels. THC Bomb is a connoisseurs dream whilst also providing growers with large yielding crops.

Like Big Bud, the harvest will be massive, coupled with the power and strength of a classic white strain. THC Bomb has very high levels of THC, well over 20% when grown under optimum conditions. The plant stays relatively short for such a high yielder. The strength and vigour and fast finishing make THC Bomb a truly top grade plant. Outdoors THC Bomb can produce well over 1kg per plant. When ready to harvest the plant will literally be covered in frosty white trichromes. THC Bomb was developed to be something special delivering on every level: yield, strength, taste and speed!

Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)
Stoned/High: Strong, all round buzz

Next up in the Left corner in the 5x10 tent we have strawberry Blue.She is six month veg and is a seed plant.
This strain is a cross between two genetics whose taste and aroma alone make them top choices for many growers. A selected specimen from the spectacularly tasting Blue family crossed with the fruity Strawberry resulted in a mainly sativa strain but with a short flowering cycle. She produces long branches, making her ideal for SCROG or SOG systems although care is required in SOG systems to control the height.

Sex: Female
Lineage: Strawberry/new Blue line
Genotype: 75% sativa / 25% indica
Grow Method: indoor/outdoor
Harvest Time (indoors): 65-70 days
Harvest Time (outdoors): early October
Yield: 350-450g indoor / 350-500g outdoor
Taste: Sweet, fruity
Aroma: Fruity
Effect: Cerebral
THC: 20%
Resistance to Mould: Medium
Resistance to Pests: Medium
Medicinal Value: Medium

Now time to see them in there nets.
To the right here is THC in all her glory
20141013_001520.jpg
20141013_001535.jpg

Now in on the left with her bad self Strawberry Blue
20141013_001514.jpg
20141013_001544.jpg

Thank you all for stopping by and I hope to see you all threw another awesome grow.

Well why not,her is the veg room all moved around
20141013_001619.jpg
20141013_001628.jpg
20141013_001641.jpg
20141013_001633.jpg

Keep it growing green my friends...

Re: Scrogging The Big Girls.

What's up CO:ciao:
The grow is looking great man. I'm sure your gonna have a very nice harvest from those two plants.
Great vid also, I subscribed to your youtube channel.
Cheers bro.;)

What's up CO:ciao:
The grow is looking great man. I'm sure your gonna have a very nice harvest from those two plants.
Great vid also, I subscribed to your youtube channel.
Cheers bro.;)

Thank you my friend. I really appreciate the support and you taking time to watch my videos.

sup CO long time, not been on for a while subbing up bro. i love love love strawbery blue, grew a monster a while back and i must say the longer i cured her the longer i wanted to keep her as she just got sweeter and sweeter

Well why not,her is the veg room all moved around
20141013_001619.jpg
20141013_001628.jpg
20141013_001641.jpg
20141013_001633.jpg

Keep it growing green my friends...

hey co! i noticed your lil plants in what looks to be 3 gallon pots, i was wondering about the light and how far away from them they are. i have a similar setup now (copied from you) and i have this issue myself (so im rigging a t5 setup) to address it but i noticed you have shrugged this issue off. im curious if you did so because when they get taller you will then start training them and youll worry about how close the internodes are at that point? or if having the light that far away has caused the genetics of the plant to be more on the stretchy side with more space between the nodes?

thanks for your time

I&i

Edit : not enough talk about genetics on this site. i myself am growing 8 seeds of each 4 strains i got from vashon island. i will sex them, pull the males out and then see which females have the best genetics. searching for the best genes has been a recent passion of mine. would love to be able to have 30 of each strain but we cant in washington.

I'm in 1st page :)

love the videos man-subbed

any way you can split them up??instead of 25 minutes,maybe a couple of 12?

I dont always have the time to dedicate 25 minutes,and when I stop and comeback I always feel like i missed something.

excellent looking work

love the videos man-subbed

any way you can split them up??instead of 25 minutes,maybe a couple of 12?

I dont always have the time to dedicate 25 minutes,and when I stop and comeback I always feel like i missed something.

excellent looking work

Most of them are going to be around 15min. The times I do longer is when I am doing a teaching or doing one with a few grows in it and do not have time to break them apart. I will try to keep most at 15. I appreciate you taking the time to watch.

Subscribed CO Finest, I wait until Saturday morning to enjoy your video's with my coffee. I'm amazed at how patient you are when teaching in your videos. What's up with the poor mans C-Vault, truly outstanding. I love watching how you create things, it give me more ideas. THANK YOU CO Finest.

Nice start CO :) and as always cool vid. subbed.

I love the airpots outside... haven't used them inside yet and am already getting some gnats. Thanks for the warning, plus yeah I can see how watering would be a pain in the butt inside with them... I'm glad I bought more smartpots than airpots now, they both did great outside though.

THC Bomb sounds like a really cool strain, thanks for going in depth about it ;)

hey co! i noticed your lil plants in what looks to be 3 gallon pots, i was wondering about the light and how far away from them they are. i have a similar setup now (copied from you) and i have this issue myself (so im rigging a t5 setup) to address it but i noticed you have shrugged this issue off. im curious if you did so because when they get taller you will then start training them and youll worry about how close the internodes are at that point? or if having the light that far away has caused the genetics of the plant to be more on the stretchy side with more space between the nodes?

thanks for your time

I&i

Edit : not enough talk about genetics on this site. i myself am growing 8 seeds of each 4 strains i got from vashon island. i will sex them, pull the males out and then see which females have the best genetics. searching for the best genes has been a recent passion of mine. would love to be able to have 30 of each strain but we cant in washington.

Thank you for stopping by first off. I have been so busy and did not mean to not answer ? that have popped up. Ok I have mine low and away from light right now only to get them to stretch a little so I can show things better on my video. I like to have the t5 or t8 about 6 inch above plants in my main grows. I do things a little different to be able to show better pic of what I am talking about in my grow videos. You have a good eye in seeing this. If you see I am trying not to really show the S.T.F plants to much until they are ready to do in next video. I have now growing issue to speak of at the moment. Now some very tight plants like THC,ICE,Hawaiian haze,Train wreck and strawberry blue I do move lights away to about 18-24 inch to get them to un bush. It is all about playing with your light setup and getting each strain to grow in a way you like. In my scrog grows I tend to work the plants. What I mean by that is when they are growing straight up I keep light close to keep them tight. Then when I am about to do some tying I move lights away to let them stretch just a little bit and when they get a little stretch I start the tying. Then about two too three days after that when it all starts turning back up from being tied over I bring lights back down to get them tight. Now as far as the internodes go the way I grow it is all about topping tying and trimming. I am only looking at all the tops that I am going to have above the nets. In most grows I trim all pop corns off. Under the nets the buds or pop corn are really weak in THC and CBD. For what my plants are used for that is no good and I would not every every use as meds, Hash or oil at the most. Two things as you know make plants stretch. Lights to far away and having to much red spectrum. I only run 6500k in veg and nothing else. Now on this last video I have done, You can see on the train wreck (big mother on the right under the T5 fixture) down in the middle I had light real close and plant had some burn marks. That was when I was shaping her to grow the way I wanted. She is going under the net real soon and you can see looking at her and looking at others I am only training her right now. She has been tied down and spread out to get ready and the other mothers you can see are not tied down or spread out. I also get the plants I am about to flower under the T5 to use the stronger light to help get them some strength built up. T8 work for good veg but not the same as T5. Then they go into flower tents and get the Big lights on full spectrum on them to help them grow even bigger and stronger to fill the scrogs. All in all the plant will grow its internodes on how you control your lights and the kind you use. Also for scrog the main nodes that really matter are the ones that turn up to go threw the nets. You can see with most scrogs done right will have been lollipop and have no branch's or node growth unless the branch's are up in the nets. Here is another thing to account for when it comes to using lights. When they are under the T5 and T8 they take there feeding about 4-5 days apart. Now when they go under the big flower room lights in veg mode they need there feeding every 2 days or they die. The more light the more the plants intake and the more they grow. I hope I have answered some things you where asking about. I am now getting my computer time back and trying to get caught up with all my fellow growers. Thank you for stopping by and I really appreciate your support. Keep it growing green my friend..

Thank you for stopping by first off. I have been so busy and did not mean to not answer ? that have popped up. Ok I have mine low and away from light right now only to get them to stretch a little so I can show things better on my video. I like to have the t5 or t8 about 6 inch above plants in my main grows. I do things a little different to be able to show better pic of what I am talking about in my grow videos. You have a good eye in seeing this. If you see I am trying not to really show the S.T.F plants to much until they are ready to do in next video. I have now growing issue to speak of at the moment. Now some very tight plants like THC,ICE,Hawaiian haze,Train wreck and strawberry blue I do move lights away to about 18-24 inch to get them to un bush. It is all about playing with your light setup and getting each strain to grow in a way you like. In my scrog grows I tend to work the plants. What I mean by that is when they are growing straight up I keep light close to keep them tight. Then when I am about to do some tying I move lights away to let them stretch just a little bit and when they get a little stretch I start the tying. Then about two too three days after that when it all starts turning back up from being tied over I bring lights back down to get them tight. Now as far as the internodes go the way I grow it is all about topping tying and trimming. I am only looking at all the tops that I am going to have above the nets. In most grows I trim all pop corns off. Under the nets the buds or pop corn are really weak in THC and CBD. For what my plants are used for that is no good and I would not every every use as meds, Hash or oil at the most. Two things as you know make plants stretch. Lights to far away and having to much red spectrum. I only run 6500k in veg and nothing else. Now on this last video I have done, You can see on the train wreck (big mother on the right under the T5 fixture) down in the middle I had light real close and plant had some burn marks. That was when I was shaping her to grow the way I wanted. She is going under the net real soon and you can see looking at her and looking at others I am only training her right now. She has been tied down and spread out to get ready and the other mothers you can see are not tied down or spread out. I also get the plants I am about to flower under the T5 to use the stronger light to help get them some strength built up. T8 work for good veg but not the same as T5. Then they go into flower tents and get the Big lights on full spectrum on them to help them grow even bigger and stronger to fill the scrogs. All in all the plant will grow its internodes on how you control your lights and the kind you use. Also for scrog the main nodes that really matter are the ones that turn up to go threw the nets. You can see with most scrogs done right will have been lollipop and have no branch's or node growth unless the branch's are up in the nets. Here is another thing to account for when it comes to using lights. When they are under the T5 and T8 they take there feeding about 4-5 days apart. Now when they go under the big flower room lights in veg mode they need there feeding every 2 days or they die. The more light the more the plants intake and the more they grow. I hope I have answered some things you where asking about. I am now getting my computer time back and trying to get caught up with all my fellow growers. Thank you for stopping by and I really appreciate your support. Keep it growing green my friend..

Awesome Reply Co Finest! no worry on taking the time to get back to us, we understand your problems and your priority's are in line.

this waited response was a well worth wait. more info then i asked for and i cant thank you enough, more growers need to read that post. you should make your first blog about scroging.

I&i

Back
Top Bottom