Scrumpdilly's 2nd Grow - Blueberry Kush Auto, Jock Horror Auto & Super Skunk Auto

scrumpdilly

Well with my first grow coming to an end (not a bad one either, I must say) I decided to start on the second round. I'll be growing one blueberry kush auto, one jock horror auto and one super skunk auto, all from nirvana. I'll be using 2 450w LED's and the last bit of fox farms ocean forest I had from the first grow. I'll be using the ff trio of nutes and cal mag when the time comes. Just popped them into their first/last 3 gallon smart pots with a little spritz of water right before the light went out for the other girls. I guess my next update will be when they pop out. Let's do this!

Re: Scrumpdilly's 2nd Grow. Blueberry kush auto, jock horror auto and super skunk au

420-magazine-mobile101595743.jpg

Re: Scrumpdilly's 2nd Grow. Blueberry kush auto, jock horror auto and super skunk au

I'm in!! :3 good luck my friend!

Re: Scrumpdilly's 2nd Grow - Blueberry Kush Auto, Jock Horror Auto & Super Skunk Auto

Kind of concerned that there's nothing showing yet. I know I'm being impatient but the white widow and AK48 showed cotyledons above the soil in just one day and I don't even see seed husks popping out yet.

Maybe give it another day and if still nothing then clear some soil above them to give them a hand.
I was thinking the same thing. The picture of the taproots was a day old when I put them in the soil so they were all over an inch long when I did and you could even see the cotyledons on the inside of the seed so I am surprised they're not poking out already. Oh well, if they don't take off there's always more seeds.

Well that was a bust . All three seeds germinated quickly and died just as quickly. I wish I could do more to investigate but if I had to make an educated guess, I would say there are three things that could have caused this to happen. 1: hot soil (seemed fine for the last two plants). 2: soil was not moist enough (I didn't saturate it at all, only used a spray bottle). 3: planted seedlings too deep.

I am disheartened but not discouraged. This journal will just have to remain in limbo until the second batch of the same strains germinates. Waste of seeds is what gets me. It's like i planted $20 and then threw it in the trash.

Alright. Let's try this again. Day 2 from seed. Got all three beans to sprout in about 48 hours and by the end of it, the jock horror had grown into the paper towel and shed it's seed, the super skunk wasn't far behind, and the blueberry kush only had a tiny taproot showing. Oh well, they're in the pots since last night and the jock horror and super skunk already popped up. I hope the JH keeps growing aggressively!

Saucy Jack (Jock Horror)
420-magazine-mobile164376037.jpg

Le Pew (Super Skunk)
420-magazine-mobile223802011.jpg

So there seems to be an issue with these blueberry kush seeds. They take longer to germinate than any others and the taproots were moving at a snail's pace too. On top of that, they seem to die in the soil like immediately. I popped a short rider auto instead because I'm done killing all the blueberries for now. Everyone else is getting along swimmingly. Day 6 from seed...

Saucy Jack (Jock Horror)
420-magazine-mobile1347786959.jpg

Danny Deweedo (Short Rider)
420-magazine-mobile596345917.jpg

Le Pew (Super Skunk)
420-magazine-mobile1111851366.jpg

Day 15 from seed. The girls are doing great! Definitely growing more aggressively than my first grow. The second light must be helping a lot. The Short Rider is a little behind but hey, they were bred to be small

Saucy Jack (Jock Horror)
420-magazine-mobile1508403757.jpg

420-magazine-mobile842134290.jpg

420-magazine-mobile906369828.jpg

420-magazine-mobile34880764.jpg

Le Pew (Super Skunk)
420-magazine-mobile1591432676.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1094198833.jpg

Well since they seem to like growing so much I said to myself, "How can I slow them down?" . I FIMmed Saucy Jack (Jock Horror) and Le Pew (Super Skunk). Honestly, they're growing way faster than the last batch so I wanted to see if they could handle it. I left Danny Deweedo (Short Rider) alone because she's so tiny I'm going to let her go and try to get in some lst. Day 16 from seed...

Saucy Jack (Jock Horror) post FIM
420-magazine-mobile1473199589.jpg

420-magazine-mobile354663999.jpg

Le Pew (Super Skunk) post FIM
420-magazine-mobile640994103.jpg

420-magazine-mobile834076713.jpg

Danny Deweedo (Short Rider) left alone
420-magazine-mobile2048659491.jpg

420-magazine-mobile30346834.jpg

Well let's not do that again. It's been 48 hours since I FIMmed Saucy Jack (Jock Horror) and Le Pew (Super Skunk) and it REALLY stunted them. They are both working on new growth at the FIM nodes but it is going extremely slow. I hope I didn't make a terrible decision... day 18 from seed...

Saucy Jack (Jock Horror)
420-magazine-mobile1562358288.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2145916978.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303039987.jpg

Le Pew (Super Skunk)
420-magazine-mobile1033650973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile374715508.jpg

420-magazine-mobile98376576.jpg

420-magazine-mobile160831257.jpg

Appears to me that the branches have grown a little at the nodes below the fim. Give them time enough to adjust to the hormones finding new homes. Nice setup! Too bad about the mystery plague first few beans but it seems the plants have sturdy structures so you should be well passed any stunted growth in no time! Subbing for sure!

Appears to me that the branches have grown a little at the nodes below the fim. Give them time enough to adjust to the hormones finding new homes. Nice setup! Too bad about the mystery plague first few beans but it seems the plants have sturdy structures so you should be well passed any stunted growth in no time! Subbing for sure!
Those are definitely growing, but aren't I looking for new leaves at the FIM site? I want to start lst soon but not until the little bitty ones have established themselves some more.

Scrumpdilly's 2nd Grow - Blueberry Kush Auto, Jock Horror Auto & Super Skunk Auto

I think upon closer inspection that you fimed them too much and now I would consider them topped. It appears that what I casually observed in passing as the damaged but still intact growth tip was in fact the node branches with the head clearly off her. That's what I see now. You've got plenty of options and that's just my observations. I could totally be wrong as I already was once so bring on the second opinions lol

They should be fine, I've topped most all my Autos around day 15 with good results...
They look nice and healthy
They are definitely healthy, but they were growing very fast up until the topping and after, no growth except a few millimeters of new growth on the topped node. I always forget how much they can take though so maybe a week from now this will be just another forgotten worry.

Back
Top Bottom