Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Im not sure about the distilled water personally, hopefully someone can chime in.
I think about all it could hurt is some overwatering stress...but that could also be bad at this point. Vader suggests hermies are more from root zone stress than light leaks. Something to cobsider.
I never did the whole drench with x times the amount of medium because with soil I noticed it could act differently if completely drenched compared to a quick pour feed/water.
Only because I was worried I would waterlog them... I did with one plant and it had issues the rest of the run.
If your root mass is large enough though it might just drink it right up. Lol. I know this isn't a definitive answer but as a master grower once said: "the hardest thing to teach someone is how to water"

Just my two cents :)

They look so good right now... I might even switch to just plain water in my normal routine until they are done.
Wait for others reply as well but why risk the root zone stress imo?

I've been using distilled water their whole lives because the water by me is way too hard. That's what I was thinking though. Like isn't flushing just essentially overwatering if you're doing the soak then runoff method? I am going to switch back to non-nuted water for the remainder though at least. I'm going for a December third chop which would be 60 days in. In contrast, Smalls (AK48) is definitely going to need a a couple extra weeks at least.
Im not sure about the distilled water personally, hopefully someone can chime in.
I think about all it could hurt is some overwatering stress...but that could also be bad at this point. Vader suggests hermies are more from root zone stress than light leaks. Something to cobsider.
I never did the whole drench with x times the amount of medium because with soil I noticed it could act differently if completely drenched compared to a quick pour feed/water.
Only because I was worried I would waterlog them... I did with one plant and it had issues the rest of the run.
If your root mass is large enough though it might just drink it right up. Lol. I know this isn't a definitive answer but as a master grower once said: "the hardest thing to teach someone is how to water"

Just my two cents :)

They look so good right now... I might even switch to just plain water in my normal routine until they are done.
Wait for others reply as well but why risk the root zone stress imo?

So I had a lot of trouble using distilled water (experiencing excess yellowing) because the idea is that it absorbs nutrients out of the soil and or plant. I believe you can just add Cal mag to the water to fix this but I just use water from my house and make sure the ph is good. I'm only on my third grow so I'm by no means a good source just thought I'd share my experience. Cheers and best of luck

Re: Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

I totally agree with Phenoman on the flush. I start flushing as soon as I see Ambering beginning on the buds basically. Or I'll flush in the last two weeks-feed at the start of the week and then hittem with a good water25 percent run off, and then one more watering at least to leech out the last of the salts. Also try to time it so the pot goes dry by harvest time .

As long as your buds leave white ash behind the flush was succesful

Edit for water definitely distilled is ok it'll just be missing a ton of trace elements so you have to add it all, it's like the coco of water lol

Looks like I'll be starting another journal. Blueberry kush auto, jock horror auto and super skunk auto have all popped out taproots in just under 24 hours.
420-magazine-mobile672912374.jpg

Seems like they'll have to put in some work though because my RH is holding steady between 30%-40%. Not optimal, I know, but I don't have any humidifier funds so I'll just do what I can and have faith in these babies and everything I have learned in the last couple months. I'll probably start the new journal in a couple days when I have some free time. In the meantime, here's a couple shots of the sleeping beauties.

Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile1074310289.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1590849194.jpg

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile1995359449.jpg

420-magazine-mobile474973621.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1147857010.jpg

They look great :3

I didn't. Haha. I have trouble with this app on occasion. Like I didn't know it was going to cut off "n soil" at the end of the title because it allowed me to type it all out. I guess I'll just have to flag it and get it moved.

Alright. Just flushed Bender (white widow) and fed Smalls (AK48), got my second 450w up and gave the three new seeds a spritz. That's enough accomplishments for one day. Hopefully Bender will be good to come down in about a week and if I'm lucky, I'll get like a half oz. off her. Oh well, grow and learn. That's what we're here to do anyway, right? I have a little higher expectations for Smalls and the new girls, but I guess we'll see! For now I have the new girls kinda crammed to the one side of the tent until their big sisters move out, but I don't see it causing any issues because they're still below ground and they have their own light.
420-magazine-mobile234381502.jpg

420-magazine-mobile601679602.jpg

420-magazine-mobile172907014.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1293138072.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1906348209.jpg

420-magazine-mobile765691690.jpg

Nice n packed, the way a tent should be :3 Nice mon!

Subbed up. Dont have any experience to offer you, but we can learn this stuff together and in a few months hopefully we'll both be getting bombed on some white widow.
Hey Stupid, could you imagine you'd have the giant monsters you have today?

Hey Stupid, could you imagine you'd have the giant monsters you have today?

I still cant. Everyday when i open the tent i expect to find dead plants because i did something stupid. I got lucky and had a great veg phase and that's allowed the plants to survive all my little mistakes.

Bender (white widow) is definitely coming down by Monday. She's at about 30% amber and got her last drink yesterday! I'm know, I'm overly excited for a possible half ounce, but I made it happen!. Smalls (AK48) is still stacking nicely, but she's got at least 10 more days to go.

Holy fuck boys, she's down! I just cut down and trimmed Bender (white widow) and my living room smells awesome. 46 grams of wet stinky widow. I assume she'll lose 60%-70% of her weight after drying so we're looking at about 18 grams dry. Not great, but hey, it's 18 grams more than I have now. Any drying tips/tricks appreciated.
420-magazine-mobile288497236.jpg

420-magazine-mobile102662126.jpg

Congrats! Those buds look really nice. I see a lot of people on here talking about a slow drying method in a fridge, but i dont know where the actual guide is.
I actually just looked that up before I saw your response and that's the way I'm going, fridge dry I mean. The humidity fluctuation outside the tent is just too much.

Congrats! Those buds look really nice. I see a lot of people on here talking about a slow drying method in a fridge, but i dont know where the actual guide is.
Nevermind. One out of a hundred people seem to recommend the fridge drying method while 99 are against it. Guess I'll just try doing it near a fan in a box...

Back
Top Bottom