Sea of green vs. Dwc yields

Mogrower

I am getting back into growing after taking a break for a decade, (small kids)
Anyways, I used to grow sk1xNL5 using the sea of green method on 2, 3x3 ebb and flow tables, harvesting monthly 1 table of aprox. 25 clones in 4x4 rockwool cubes. I now see a new method called DWC. my question is this are yields comparable using DWC say with 6-8 plants?? Want to know before I set up again. Still have all my old tables, but wa t to maximize my yield for the effort put forth.
One more thing, couldn't I do DWC and SOG moving in 2 plants or 3 every month? For a perpetual harvest??
Curious to hear from you all. 

just starting my hydro legacy with DWC (not a pro, just a nerd who reads too much)

I couldn't vs. sea of green to DWC, it'd be more like SoG vs. ScroG and DWC vs. ebb and flow. Considering you can do SoG with DWC as well as ScroG. This is such an even comparison in terms of yield, but, in a battle of single plants, no SoG or ScroG, I'd (MHO) say DWC will be victorious. But, if you plan on having 25 clones again.....that's a lot of buckets. (8 if you so sog with 3 on each site)

DWC reminds me of that simpsons halloween special where homer ate all the donuts in the world.

I'd say fire up your flood tables and if you have an extra light throw a clone into a DWC bucket at the time you start the same strain in ebb and flow, DWC is perfect for one plant, any more and you'll need to consider recirculating.

I''m sure others with extensive knowledge of both will chime in. :goodluck:

IMG_4126.JPG
IMG_4131.jpg
IMG_4130.jpg
IMG_4133.JPG
IMG_41341.JPG

here is my dwc sea of green

IMG_4126.JPG
IMG_4131.jpg
IMG_4130.jpg
IMG_4133.JPG
IMG_41341.JPG

here is my dwc sea of green

TO BLACKLIPS:
your post was a few years back, but hopefully you see this and read it. Im wondering what kind of lights your running above your DWC SOG? looks like you have 16, under im assuming 4 1k hps? also, i was wondering what kind of yeild that set up produced? im starting a DWC SOG, just going about it very differently. im running a dwc in 4-5 inch PVC with 3 in net pots. guess its not very DEEP water culture, but the same principle. recirculating airated water. hit me back. thanks bro

personally i wouldnt consider this a sog grow.. albeit a great looking grow!! imho a dwc sog grow would look more like what seemorebuds uses in his dvd#1 ! between 100-300 plants in 3 reservoirs(a hybrid of aeroponics - dwc) in a 4ft x 6 ft space!! now thats a sea of green! between 4.5 pounds to 6 pounds in 3x 4ft x 6ft spaces// all up 16 pounds! im looking into making my own dwc/aeroponic hybrid sog at present- looking at the logistics of making them and what is required.Growgenie - The #1 Retailer of Aquamist hydroponic Systems featuring the Aquamist I

Back
Top Bottom