Sea of Green

stickyAKbud

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has a any knowledge of sea of green. I have read up some on it but still curious to the method. I have a decent setup and have been on a 18/6 light cycle for a week now, and plants are getting very bushy, and they're about 4-6" right now. I'm just wondering if I should wait for like another 2 weeks to onset flowering, or just do it now. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

the sea of green is filling your closet up with clones to the max capacity as far as I know one room for rooting you clones and housing your mother plants and one room with plants consistantly in flowering a closet full of green hints the sea of green and if you plants are only a week old I wouldnt switch the lights yet at least you said you have been on 18/6 for a week so Iam assuming they are a week old

thanks for the info. I'm working from seeds not clones just yet. Is the sea of green still a good method from seed?? And the plants are just over 2 weeks old. Had them on 24 hr cycle for just a week to get a good start then made the switch to 18/6. The reason I wanted to try this method is because of my small room and the fact that after flowering is induced the plant can still grow up to a foot +. So, does anyone have a suggestion??

The most common SOG method I've seen is a setup using those 4 ft x 8 ft shelving units. . . each shelf is at a differnt stage in the growth. the shelves are filled with many small plants as opposed to a few bigger plants. The object is to get a fast turn around, so your harvest of each plant is small, but you'll have many plants. Seed would be difficult to work with cause you have germ time, and you would have to use feminized seeds. Imagine having all those babies, and then having to weed through them as the males and hermies show. . . I think its best used with clones, faster. . . :peace:

sog is where you weave the plants through a mesh suspended about a foot above the pots.trim all off below and just weave them through the net(mesh)no big centre cola just loads of smaller ones.IMO.

In a sea of green setup you have a certain number of plants all in rows and columns. All in a different stage of flowering, weeks to months ahead in each row.

Depending on how you have your sog setup. You can be harvesting as many plants as you want every 2 weeks to a month. This setup is very rewarding but can also be very demanding and can require a lot of vegging clones and mother plants.

sog is where you weave the plants through a mesh suspended about a foot above the pots.trim all off below and just weave them through the net(mesh)no big centre cola just loads of smaller ones.IMO.
Wrong. That would be SCROG method. (Screen of Green)

In a sea of green setup you have a certain number of plants all in rows and columns. All in a different stage of flowering, weeks to months ahead in each row.

Depending on how you have your sog setup. You can be harvesting as many plants as you want every 2 weeks to a month. This setup is very rewarding but can also be very demanding and can require a lot of vegging clones and mother plants.
delicato - You're the closest so far.

May I add...plants - specifically clones in a square format instead of rows/columns works best - grown in flats or small pots in order to rotate them thru the grow area and the new harvest to be replaced with a new flat of clones. You shouldn't let them get too big or they take too long and too much space to flower. Your goal should be an individual bud in each pot. and like 8-24 pots per flat based on your space available. This method is also known as a perpetual harvest.

right on guys, great info. I think that I might just wait and try sog later on. The set up I have is 6 pots in a 8 gal res. But I started 2 plants in each to have a better chance of getting females. But now I wish i would've only used 6 to start. When I flower I plan on taking clones to start over, I'm not that experienced so I will just have to keep on doing what I'm doing cuz its working great.

iuse my own method of SOG. and as mentioned above it is very labor intensive and i do it in soil, my buddy grows a few in hydro and they get so big so fast i could never keep up. But as mentioned, i get very small harvest though harvest almost every 5-7 days and yeild about 1/2 to 3/4 direid per plant and works perfect for me last 3 years now, though cloning still some times seems to be a fricking struggle, some times i get alot and then some times i only get one. I also rotate some good seeds in from time to time, but have found that there is a larger chance for hemies that way,butit is all good i save them seed( there usually hermy too) and got alot of diffrent unique strains over the course of my time.

iuse my own method of SOG. and as mentioned above it is very labor intensive and i do it in soil, my buddy grows a few in hydro and they get so big so fast i could never keep up. But as mentioned, i get very small harvest though harvest almost every 5-7 days and yeild about 1/2 to 3/4 direid per plant and works perfect for me last 3 years now, though cloning still some times seems to be a fricking struggle, some times i get alot and then some times i only get one. I also rotate some good seeds in from time to time, but have found that there is a larger chance for hemies that way,butit is all good i save them seed( there usually hermy too) and got alot of diffrent unique strains over the course of my time.

What size containers do you use for your SOG SinS?

i usually use 2 litter bottles and also those large quart sized ice cream tubs, the family sized ones. also I end up using wire to train all the branches so that there is enough room.

Back
Top Bottom