Searching for Orange Hill Special by Dutch Passion feedback

No Pain

I have a pack of Orange hill Special beans that I'm planning to grow after my ak47 is done. I have searched the web and forums and well I did find some info but not a lot . So if you have grown it and or smoked it …. Tell me how you feel about it .

I have had a package of those for a while now. Still waiting to start them. I am kind of like you, Waiting to hear good things first lol. I have always been a fan of Orange strains. I have 3 different Orange strains because of this LMAO.

They are all quite different. What you are looking for matters a lot. They refer to Orange Hill Special as a orange skunk.(It doesn't have Skunk genetics though) That says a lot. It means that the 21% they claim might be a little high. This is another case of them mixing 2 lower THC strains and claiming they made a 20 plus percent hybrid. Orange strain were never strong before. Crossing 2 of them is going to bring in lots of orange but not necessarily more THC. I would guess this strain to be more in the 16 to 20% range which can still give you a pretty good high.

With that said it still can be very good. It may not be the one to grow if you want the strongest. That would be Tangy. Tangy is also a full on sativa. Agent Orange is my favorite and can be plenty strong. To me it is a much more rounded high. Both those strains can come out well over 20% THC.

After a AK-47 grow it is a toss up whether you will be happy or not. The highs will be a lot different. It all matters what your tastes are. Dutch Passion has had Orange strains for a long time. I would expect them to have some very good parents to work with.

Thanks! After all that all I can think of is growing it out and crossing it with Super Silver Haze. Super Orange Haze would be different than them all LMAO.
Oh yes I am aware that the highs will be different , I was looking at it for its flavor and sedative effects for a good nighttime smoke .

The thought did cross my mind to breed it with ak47 ..so I know the feeling . oh and that feeling hasn't left the building . haha

My guess is it is going to be a fun happy high. Flavor should be there but I wouldn't bet on it's sedative effects. Lots of sativa dominant strains can have a very relaxing high but sadate is pushing it. It could still be very good it just won't give you the stoned effect like AK-47

it supposed to have a very relaxing body side to it . Im going to run them next and find out for sure . they say the plants stay around 1 meter tall and that's what im really curious about because is that's the case I might not scrog them as I get 3ft of penetration with my lights .

@Jackalope I was doing a search and seen that you grew tangie awhile back . Did the smoke equal all the hype?

I would have to say yes. Terpene levels are through the roof. I grew the Crockett Family Farms Tangie. They all grew well and had great plant structure. Slight differences in smells and flavors but it was prominent. in all phenos High was sativa dominant and strong. This is not sit on the couch weed.

Trichome coverage is totally amazing on all phenos. They almost look like White strains. That is where all the Hype comes from. All those trichomes create tons of flavor and strength. That fact is the reason why you are seeing so many hybrids with it.

For me personally the flavor was a little too much. That's how strong the terpenes are. Everything else about it I really liked. High was strong and it grew and produced well.

Good to know they have a strong Sativa high. I have been looking at that strain for awhile now and always look two runs out and am trying to decide what im going to run after the orange hill special and im thinking tangie or a good haze . In regards to the flavor was it to sweet in your opinion ?

Kind of on the sweet side I guess. It tastes more like the rind of a orange lots more than it does the sweet part LOL.

I am smoking Tangilope right now from last grow. It is Tangie x Chocolope. Still has the sativa high and a cut down version of the flavor. I enjoy it much more. It is still very strong flavored just more appealing to me. It kind of combines both Tangie and haze. Maybe not quite as strong as Tangie but still very enjoyable.

I would high suggest either one.

Kind of on the sweet side I guess. It tastes more like the rind of a orange lots more than it does the sweet part LOL.

I am smoking Tangilope right now from last grow. It is Tangie x Chocolope. Still has the sativa high and a cut down version of the flavor. I enjoy it much more. It is still very strong flavored just more appealing to me. It kind of combines both Tangie and haze. Maybe not quite as strong as Tangie but still very enjoyable.

I would high suggest either one.
That's sounds bitter sweat and im not sure that I would enjoy that flavor . It does sound like it has huge breeding potential . Thank you for the insight .

Tangie is a tough one to explain. At least for me. Pretty sure people will either love or hate it. None of that will have anything to do with strength. Well the love part maybe LOL.

Love it of hate it. Flavor will be there.

Back
Top Bottom