Second 300W led or 250w hps for flowering? Candy cane auto

CharlieG

where is your grow, that warrants concern about temperature?
So the the cupboard is a few metres away from the back door which is drafty and a bit broken as is the cupboard itself we only have single glazing all over and have been told by previous tennants it gets real cold in winter. I'm running pretty continually at 20-24 degrees but we are only one week out of summer, in a month that'll drop to 10 outside.
My thinking was a 250/400w hps to boost the heat. I don't have the money to be buying 800w leds (though I really wish I did haha) most I could do is possibly another 300-600w led or I could get a 250-600w hps

I would personally add a second LED and maybe a small space heater as needed. Run full spectrum and possibly run on a reverse schedule. Have your lights going during the coldest time of the day/night.

BTW your pictures didn't come through.

Here's a tutorial on posting pictures.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

So you know.....when you upload your pictures into your gallery there is an option to flip them as long as you do it shortly after uploading them......its time.sensitive and then the option disappears.

As far as your lighting......where is your grow, that warrants concern about temperature? My present grow, temperature was one of my biggest concerns. How to cool in summer and heat in winter, without wasting money.
I ended up using my 3x3 tent, cut down in height with a 400w MH for veg. That light stays on 24/7 to use as a heat source for my flower area. The heat is drawn out via a 4" fan and duct. I then use 2x800w LEDs in flower without wasting anything, and exhaust both rooms excess.heat.using a 6" fan/filter combination. Check it out in my grow, or feel free to ask questions about the setup. I just finished a purpose build for medicinal weed and I had to figure a pile out on the run.

Hope this helps.....

So you know.....when you upload your pictures into your gallery there is an option to flip them as long as you do it shortly after uploading them......its time.sensitive and then the option disappears.

As far as your lighting......where is your grow, that warrants concern about temperature? My present grow, temperature was one of my biggest concerns. How to cool in summer and heat in winter, without wasting money.
I ended up using my 3x3 tent, cut down in height with a 400w MH for veg. That light stays on 24/7 to use as a heat source for my flower area. The heat is drawn out via a 4" fan and duct. I then use 2x800w LEDs in flower without wasting anything, and exhaust both rooms excess.heat.using a 6" fan/filter combination. Check it out in my grow, or feel free to ask questions about the setup. I just finished a purpose build for medicinal weed and I had to figure a pile out on the run.

Hope this helps.....
So the the cupboard is a few metres away from the back door which is drafty and a bit broken as is the cupboard itself we only have single glazing all over and have been told by previous tennants it gets real cold in winter. I'm running pretty continually at 20-24 degrees but we are only one week out of summer, in a month that'll drop to 10 outside.
My thinking was a 250/400w hps to boost the heat. I don't have the money to be buying 800w leds (though I really wish I did haha) most I could do is possibly another 300-600w led or I could get a 250-600w hps
Also I'm in the auckland area New Zealand if that helps you gage my temperature issue gets pretty cold pretty quickly here

For sure, but it is New Zealand and not Canada, so the principal is easy enough to replicate or alter for your conditions. My next hurdle is summer.......how to cool the best way. Also, taking in cool air can also lead to insects......our nemesis lol.

Good luck with it my friend.....

Thank you mate! Think I maybe panicking a little bit too much haha me and these girls have been through a lot

Your doing great.... just remember going slow is better than changing something dramatically. It is incredible how close we get to our girls. Treat them well and they will reward you.

Your doing great.... just remember going slow is better than changing something dramatically. It is incredible how close we get to our girls. Treat them well and they will reward you.
Yeah it is amazing, felt pretty bad for a few days when my first one died but these three are now flourishing so I'm Happy! You guys have been awesome!

Back
Top Bottom