Second attempt

The more nutrients you add the higher the PPM. You take the reading of your nute mix and subtract the 60 PPM of the tap water to get the PPM of the nutes you're feeding.

Based on the color of your leaves making them look hungry, I would keep upping the feed toward that 900 end and see how they respond. The general rule is when the tips burn, back it off to the previous strength.

So if my feed says 2-4 ml per litre. And when I add say the 4mo per litre the ppm is still at 500. I should add more nutes until at around 900. Aslong as I'm not getting burning of tips.
My watering is down to every 3 days. I added 5l of water to the two plants. Half each. In that 5 ml I added 5ml cal mag. It states 1-2ml per litre. I added 3 ml grow nutes. 1-2ml per litre stated on chart. I added 8ml bloom nutes. It states 2-4 ml per litre. Obviously I was adding alot less before so I didn't want to pump it straight up just adjusting per watering. Still no ppm meter. In post. I cant see any furthering of the yellow leaves. It looks the same as the picture shown previous. Am I doing it correctly?

Sorry. No I dont know my ppm currently. I'm just wondering us that how its done. So if you want 900 ppm. And you add the nutes at the recommended dosage but your ppm was at 600. You add extra nutes even tho that us not what your chart states and get it to 900 ppm.

Sorry if you feel I'm not understanding. Lol. This feeding by amount or ppm, what should I be doing? Is ppm a better method and better for the plant.

Yes mate thank you. My ppm has just arrived. Just tested in my normal tap water and its saying 66ppm. I will be feeding the plants tomorrow I think. They dont seem to be growing much. I can see very slight growth of the buds but I'm talking minimum. So let's see what the readings are tomorrow.

Just watered within the feed tolerance. Still can up the ml of feed to the guideline amount. And was at 782ppm. That was still a small increase of what I have been feeding. So I'll just gradually up the ml and ppm accordingly. I'm not waiting for them to dry out as much as i did during veg. I'll post pictures to show how they are coming along. This is 9 days on from last pictures. I have removed some larger leaves that were causing shade to bud sites. Nothing drastic. About 5 leaves.

20200323_091610.jpg
20200323_091557.jpg
20200323_091545.jpg
20200323_091522.jpg

Just thought I'd update the post for my own future reference.
2 days ago I watered with 860 ppm. No burn no adverse effects.
Yesterday I defoliated some of the lower down leaves as they were stopping the air circulating. Also creating alot of dark spots on my bud sites. I also bit the bullet and decided to remove some of the lower bud sites that were doing nothing. I'm hoping that this will encourage the plant to focus on what she has up above. Obviously she will need to recover slightly but I didn't go mad just a little bit here and there. Also moved my plants so that now the best bud sites on both plants are directly below the lights. Lights have also been dropped about 2 inches.
One thing I have noticed is that the pistils on one of my plants are beginning to orange all over. But it's still shooting new white pistils aswell. I've ordered jewellers glass should be here tomorrow but is this normal for clambering and new pistils. I heard that some plants do this. And some do it due to light etc. But plant isn't reacting badly to the lower light. If anything she's enjoying the extra light.
Thanks again.

PANIC!!!!!!

I was watering last night and when I was watering something caught my eye. Bugs! Scattering around the soil. That's all i need!! After inspecting them closely i have discovered that they are beneficial bugs. And I'm best to let them do there thing. But I was wondering why is there not more information on these beneficial bugs. If you type anything in it's hard to find these bugs it's all doom horror of all the bad bugs. I have spring tails which damn they jump! As quick as they surfaced they soon burrowed again. The other big I'm 99% sure is hypoasmis miles. A predator. But not detrimental to the plant. I am yet to look at one under the magnifying glass. I will get some pictures and post. But I really think as I was under impression all bugs were bad from reading and researching growing etc that there should be more info on these beneficial bugs highlighted more actively.
Would it be worth on my further grows to try and get these bugs and get them into my new pots if possible. I know will be difficult but from reading up they can control most bugs in the grow area.
Thanks.

Is that Bernie growth? Or just another bud site? Only seem to have them on the one plant. Just at the bottom of the bigger growth.
20200330_170712.jpg

Bernie's gotta be doing something these days! Good luck with the bugs...I kill anything living in the soil with H2O2, friend or foe.
I also bit the bullet and decided to remove some of the lower bud sites that were doing nothing. I'm hoping that this will encourage the plant to focus on what she has up above. Obviously she will need to recover slightly but I didn't go mad just a little bit here and there.
I do that all through flowering (#nolarf) and the plant never even notices!

Unfortunately I lost one of my 2 plants. I chopped it down and salvaged what I could. Ised it to make butter then made a cake which was pretty good to be fair! So not a complete waste. Also got a bit of bud off it. But nothing to write home about.

My other plant is doing well. I've carefully pruned and trained to get it all same height and got light to all bud sites. I think another couple weeks and she will be ready. Trichomes are still mostly clear. Well 80 percent are still clear. Here are some pictures I took just. Please give me some feedback. And also some advice on what I need to be doing at this stage of flowering and getting ready for the chop etc.
20200414_093823.jpg
20200414_093847.jpg
Thanks.

Those beautiful purple buds are fattening up nicely, and with only a couple of weeks left I think you should stick with whatever you're doing. The fan leaves are fading, but if there was something to be done about that it's probably too late in the grow, so let it ride!

What happened to the other plant? Bugs? Rot?

Other plant stopped growing and the leaves began to wilt. From seed it was always behind and had numerous problems/defeciensies throughout the grow. I decided to cut my losses literally and give this plant the room and full focus. I have freed up alot more space in a spare room so my goal is to get that set up so I am not fighting for space and my stuff isn't everywhere. Going to be alot better for the plants.
Ye the colouring on the leaves I've struggled with all grow. Something I just couldnt get under control.

What is a good indoor yielded auto?

What is a good indoor yielded auto?
I don't grow indoors and I've pretty much given up autos (too unpredictable, particularly outside), but if you want to see good auto yields you should post that question to farside05 in his journal:

Been a while. Lost my login details but just got them back.
She turned out really well. I got just over 2 ounce of her dry in the end. Was a real nice smoke. Just a gentle high. I have now got another grow on which I have learnt from my mistakes and this time I'm almost neglecting them in comparison and they are flourishing. I have 2 amnesia autos a ny diesel auto and a power plant auto. The amnesias are frosty as hell and fattening nicely. The ny and powers are a little slower but coming along nicely. Ill post some pictures later. Now I understand the love them to death which I now won't do again. Just let them do there thing dont mess too much just get it set up correctly from the start and train them early and they will do the rest. I'm scrogging this time in a fashion which has really given me a forest in my tent. Thank you guys for all your advice everything that has been given to me i have used this grow and I couldn't of done it without the help you gave me.

Back
Top Bottom