Second Grow Blue Rhino & White Widow

They look nice and dense. What temps and RH are you running. With co2 most places I have read say to run slightly higher temps I have seen as high as 85 degrees listed to take advantage of the co2 and you need enough rh to pull that off and not piss the plants off in the process. I’m not finding a lot saying they really need vented as long as your co2, temps and rh are correct and your not venting just to drop the temps or rh for example.

They look nice and dense. What temps and RH are you running. With co2 most places I have read say to run slightly higher temps I have seen as high as 85 degrees listed to take advantage of the co2 and you need enough rh to pull that off and not piss the plants off in the process. I’m not finding a lot saying they really need vented as long as your co2, temps and rh are correct and your not venting just to drop the temps or rh for example.

between 85 and 90 but the humidity to match. it wasn't really working out as far as controlling the environment. So, since it's just the bottoms of the huge tanks i'm not worried about a little waste so i opened up a top vent and put a small fan blowing out and put the humidifier back in.
now i should be able to hit the temps i want with a heater in the tent and the humidity should be easy to keep at 70%.
I'll be wasting a bit of c02 but if it works out it'll be worth it.

also i'm only using a 1200w phlizon led in the 4x3 tent so i'm wondering if it's even enough light for c02. I"m considering using it in the flower tent for the first 6 weeks of flowering rather than the entire veg. not sure what to do.
might just go to 24/0 light in the veg tent so i don't have to worry about lights out and venting.

Awesome correct environment control is everything especially when your trying to supercharge their growth. Your ahead of me with the co2 and I’m not familiar with exactly how much light they can really take when everything else is perfect yet so can’t help with that part but I’ll tag along for your grow I’m interested to see how it proceedes and what your able to figure out. I’ll be starting a grow journal once my plants are in the room hopefully by the end of the weekend. Gl! :passitleft:

Awesome correct environment control is everything especially when your trying to supercharge their growth. Your ahead of me with the co2 and I’m not familiar with exactly how much light they can really take when everything else is perfect yet so can’t help with that part but I’ll tag along for your grow I’m interested to see how it proceedes and what your able to figure out. I’ll be starting a grow journal once my plants are in the room hopefully by the end of the weekend. Gl! :passitleft:

Thanks, Smokey! I'm just as interested to see what i can or can't get away with lol. the main reason i'm thinking it's best in the flower tent is because there's gotta be enough light in there to make use of the c02.
the set up with the top vent seems to be working well so far. after an hour it was at 90f and humidity was at 68% pretty much perfect range from what i've read. told the controller to try keep 1400 ppm of gas in the tent. at this point i think it's all up to the light and if it's enough. tempted to take a light out of the flower tent for the veg tent, but i'm not that crazy lol.

Sounds like you should keep all the light you can in the flower tent with the co2 investment. I’m not sure how much or little you pay for co2 but the entire goal of that and more light is to capitalize on your investment, aka get more bud. I know this isn’t a business lol, but it simplifies things when you look at it like that. Makes the choice easier. Veg an extra week to make up for the missing light. You’ll still benefit more by focusing on the flower tent. Just my 2c, Happy growing!!

Sounds like you should keep all the light you can in the flower tent with the co2 investment. I’m not sure how much or little you pay for co2 but the entire goal of that and more light is to capitalize on your investment, aka get more bud. I know this isn’t a business lol, but it simplifies things when you look at it like that. Makes the choice easier. Veg an extra week to make up for the missing light. You’ll still benefit more by focusing on the flower tent. Just my 2c, Happy growing!!

I agree 100% on that. I just needed to be told LMAO!
Thanks again, Budz

here are the clones with roots. 3 of 4 from the recirculating thing so far. 2 ww and 1 blueberry? im not sure but i'm keeping it going lol. Still waiting on a bunch from a sativa mother that is budding out very nicely.

but since the ww were purchased seeds. 5 for i think $60, i only planted one, so i'm super stoked that i have 2 clones of her already. waiting on 2 more. I can save the other 4 seeds for just in case. Think I'll feed them half strength of what i'm feeding the ones in late veg to start when i plant them. probably tomorrow. I feel like when you do it in a rapid rooter it gives the base of the roots a lot of protection so i'm not worried to plant them a couple days after they pop out.

planted 4 clones today. 1 didn't have roots poking out yet but i cracked it open lol and saw they were starting. any clone that wasn't in the traditional bubbler or the recirculating dyi thing all got stem rot lol.
good to know that way isn't any good and that's why i did so many. still have lots on the go and i'm happy to have 4 planted and fed.

here are the clones with roots. 3 of 4 from the recirculating thing so far. 2 ww and 1 blueberry? im not sure but i'm keeping it going lol. Still waiting on a bunch from a sativa mother that is budding out very nicely.

but since the ww were purchased seeds. 5 for i think $60, i only planted one, so i'm super stoked that i have 2 clones of her already. waiting on 2 more. I can save the other 4 seeds for just in case. Think I'll feed them half strength of what i'm feeding the ones in late veg to start when i plant them. probably tomorrow. I feel like when you do it in a rapid rooter it gives the base of the roots a lot of protection so i'm not worried to plant them a couple days after they pop out.
20190215_190042.jpg20190215_190106.jpg20190215_190151.jpg
Nice! Thats awesome youve got the 2 clones and can save the seeds! Money saved :) I completely agree with you on the rapid rooter. It adds that protection even if it is for our own piece of mind lol. In my cloner, I dont use the rooters. I go straight out of the sleeve into the clay balls (soil for you). I let the roots get fairly substantial before doing that though. Swirl them around the bottom then gently fill the clay balls. Works well for me.

The girls are looking pretty good for the most part. 2 seemed to have had mag deficiency but lower pH and a little more calimagic seemed to do the trick. I'll post some pics tonight.
Here's my new feed schedule based off of the captain's recipe and some other stuff I found. Sure the tweaking is far from over but last grow ppm didn't get over 1000 so I'm trying a more aggressive approach.

Pics. Yellow leaves on the bottoms but the rest seems good.

these are the blue rhino. mama, papa, and baby lol.

Here's the white widow. she's the biggest so far.

Started feeding at 5.6 -5.7 no higher after a bunch more reading. I feel like the yellow leaves should stop after a few more days. or maybe i need more light in the veg tent. once they look good and / or i know the yellow leaves are nothing to worry about i'll up pot to 5gal bags ( NOT 10 GAL FFS!!! ) and as soon as the flowers are harvested they'll go into the flower tent. they're a lot smaller than i'd like them to be but i'm ready to bud them out soon anyway...

Been a week since up pot to 5 gal bags.
Since the flower tent is empty I moved all of the girls into it. more light and more space so i tied everyone down. gonna wait a week or so to see if i want to use the screen or not.
feeding 1 armor si, 2 calimagic, 3 micro, 4 grow, 2 bloom, 3 florablend, 1 floralicious plus in ml / gallon, it's about 800ppm. pH is always between 5.5 and 5.7.
since i just pulled down enough grass to keep me going a while i'm not in too much of a rush to set them into flower. I'm gonna wait a week or so and see how they grow into the training and probably flip when i decide on screen or not.

Spreading them right out, those are gonna be awsome. It's nice to not be in a hurry. Nice work.

Thanks!. i started them on 12/12 yesterday. looking forward to seeing what kind of flowers these girls make.

Been busy so it's been hard to get online much but here's some pics. the white widow is just killing it, it's beautiful. the blue rhinos are doing very well too. I couldn't be happier with how it's going. just started week 5 of flower. should have some pretty nice buds by the end.

Since my tap water has a pH of 7.6 and likes to climb back up so fast i've been feeding at 5.4 every day. seems to be working wonders.

20190415_195100.jpg20190415_195123.jpg20190415_195138.jpg20190415_195148.jpg20190415_195152.jpg20190415_195205.jpg

Holy buds!!!! They look incredible. Great job. 5.4 feedings it is! Lol :p

Thanks! I'm pretty blown away at the size already. I think if i was using RO water i might not get away with the lower pH. Not being shy with the feed strength this time about 1400 ppm right now. might bump it up a bit after week 6 if they're still not showing any signs of too much.
Loving the GH line up. probably wont ever bother trying anything else unless i have no choice.

Just a couple of the White Widow after thinning her out a bit. she smells like heaven.
It's actually a very lemony smell, i wasn't expecting from ww.

Been feeding 3-6-9 of grow micro bloom. 3 armor si. 3 Calimagic 3 kool bloom liquid and 1 floralisious plus in ml/gal.
still not feeding above 5.5

20190419_183156.jpg
20190419_183206.jpg
20190419_183213.jpg
20190419_183231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom