Second Grow Ever!

Lisa2265

So today I am starting my second grow journal. I haven’t completed my first grow but I’m aiming at finishing up my first grow, striping down tent and restarting another round. I figured I’d start my seeds with 4 weeks left of first grow.
This round I’m starting with blue dream F from the seed fair. I am also growing a second Pineapple Express to compare it to my first grow. The Pineapple Express is an auto.
It’s the same setup as my first .
3x3 Vivosun tent
2 oscillating fans genesis
Humidifier Vivosun cool mist
Heater
Vivosun 4 inch 203 CFM in-line fan with speed controller and 4 inch carbon filter ducted to the outside
I will be upgrading light to either and mars hydro or spyder farm 3x3 led light.
Fox farm ocean forest potting soil
Plus Maine coastal fertilizer
Aero garden

I started my seeds germinating in the aero garden hydroponic system.
I used peat pods and distilled water.
Germinated them on Jan. 9
Today, the 16th, they are amazing. Had a bumpy go with the blue dream. Just grew lanky and falling over so I put it in a solo cup and hurried it deeply, sort of like I do with my tomatoes. I will gently bend them and bury part of the stem. So that’s what I did and it worked beautifully!
I will be putting my Pineapple Express in a solo cup also but still using the light from the aero garden until I am ready to move them into the tent.
I will keep adding to my journal and please, feel free to offer suggestions, advice, criticism whatever you have e becasue even criticism helps me learn.
Thanks so much everyone and look forward discussing with you all.
Lisa

0CDA86CA-F560-45C6-9723-34D4DCB391E9.jpeg

CDABB36D-E466-4BAC-90A2-92169CDEBA32.jpeg

Morning all. This morning I decided to move the Pineapple Express over to a cup and out of the peat pod into some nutrient rich dirt. Fox farm ocean forest blend with a tap of coast of maine kelp and a bit of bone meal.
Fingers crossed I’ll be ok.

6426C2A3-0365-4B7A-96C2-3F971C0C59C7.jpeg

1F5086C0-1FA9-4C11-B6B5-938290D2C5C9.jpeg

That’s what I’ve been doing since last September. Watching everyone grow, reading, taking in as much info as I could and the. Saying “what the hell let me do it myself”
It’s super satisfying, and at the end of the day, I was tired of not knowing what strand I was paying for. How well it was grown.
This is my second attempt at blue dream. First one was an epic failure. Seedling never had a chance . This time I’m being a bit overprotective of it but that’s just my nature.
I’m nervous about harvest and drying. Been bingeing YouTube for info and reading every bit of what I can but will be ass nervous about getting mold.. so I have about 3 1/2 weeks left and then I’ll be biting my nails to my fingertips the whole time.
Happy growing buddy and hop to chat again.

Lisa

Good luck on your second grow @Lisa2265 . I just finished my first grow and am about a week from flower on my second. I'm looking forward to seeing these girls flourish!

Happy Growing.

Feel free. It was my first harvest ever, and it was at least partially by flashlight since my power went out, but I would be glad to help.

Wow! Ok we’ll that adds a whole other dimension. My questions is regarding hanging and drying. I read a lot about the paper bag method, then I have seen a lot on the hanging method. What did you did and are there things you would do differently on the next grow?
Thanks in advance.

@Lisa2265 don’t stress it to much. I learned to focus on what not to do. Like not overwatering, not over feeding and most important I think is to not be stressed or upset around my plants. And play some Mozart. Just try not to push to much on the babies. As they grow they will need more food. For now just let them settle in the soil and build a good foundation. To much food and water can fry those babies. Also if their getting stretched get them closer to the light. There are a lot of Great Minds here who are eager to help. Plus we want to make sure you have a great grow.

I hung mine on coat hangers with binder clips. I had a closet that I had my eye on that kept around 60% humidity so I felt good hanging them in there. I considered the lotus cure in the frost-free fridge, but in the end I skipped it because the power was out :( I tried to make sure they were spaced out as much as possible and not touching to reduce the chance of mold. I also had an air purifier in the closet blowing on low to make sure there was some air movement while they were drying. It ended up taking 8 days to get down to 65% for bagging.

@Lisa2265 don’t stress it to much. I learned to focus on what not to do. Like not overwatering, not over feeding and most important I think is to not be stressed or upset around my plants. And play some Mozart. Just try not to push to much on the babies. As they grow they will need more food. For now just let them settle in the soil and build a good foundation. To much food and water can fry those babies. Also if their getting stretched get them closer to the light. There are a lot of Great Minds here who are eager to help. Plus we want to make sure you have a great grow.
Yeah I’m trying not to. I just removed the plastic covers and just zip lock bagged them so I could move the light closer . I have the bags on becasue I don’t have a room set up yet for them so I’m going to see how long I can get these before I HAVE to figure out a room or until my tent is empty after harvest. If my math is correct, I should be right where I need to be in 4 weeks and I can move them into a nice clean tent, transplant them into their pots and they will stay there until they are ready to harvest..

While I'm no expert, only.did three harvests so far, I tried several drying techniques and this is my opinion....which doesn't meant much:)

1. Hang dry: still my favorite. Pros: Buds don't get squished or flat. I don't need to monitor as often or shake or flip. Cons: makes the room smell. I hang in a spare bedroom and have 55 rh and 68 degrees in that basement room....pretty great conditions.

2. Low and slow fridge: seems to keep the smell/color a bit better, however I didn't notice a difference from those colas that hanged. If anything, I thiught the hang buds tasted better. Also this way of drying takes considerably longer

Bag dry: this was the least favorite way. Buds would get flat from sitting on their side. Perhaps it was all mental, but I swear my Buds had a hint of paper bag taste haha.

If you have good conditions where you plan to hang dry... why not try all three ways to see which you like best.

Back
Top Bottom