Second grow: Granny Derkle & GDP

MadMike

Last year I grew in containers. I'm doing it differently this year. This year I dug big holes masked by brush (blackberries, tall grass). My seedlings are sprouting out of the soil and my GDP clones are adjusting from their rockwool in pots of soil for the second day. Since gophers and rats are around, I plan on using hardware cloth to line the holes and Liquid Fence around the area. I'm not sure how to keep rats away, but perhaps the Liquid Fence will help in addition to clearing enough bramble away from the planting location.

I plan on using hog wire to circle each plant. I have to spread the planting locations around to avoid detection ( I wouldn't want thieves to have it easy at one location). I plan on tossing some chicken manure over the back fill of each hole, mixing some Fox Farms Ocean Forest in with the native rich soil. I thought as the roots reach down there will be some good nutrients from the chicken crap. I may even use some Smart Pots on a pallet for a plant or two. Any suggestions are welcome from experienced growers. While I progress with this, I'll post some pics.

I forgot to mention, Granny Derkle consists of Purple Erkle, Grandaddy Erkle, Purple Diesel and Sour Diesel. Anyway, both are dominant Indica.

Instead of Ocean Forest blend, I went with some Happy Frog mixed with a Gardner & Bloom Harvest Blend compost in my big holes outside. I added another strain called OG Ringo. It came a little late as my GD are already vegging outside. There's still enough time to see what this strain's capabilities are. The GDP clones are in smart pots and are in their second week of flowering already. I don't expect much from them, and I won't fool with clones anymore.

Back
Top Bottom