Second Grow In Pots - Spain

Solgrow

Hi All

Not been here for awhile busy etc, but now I am here's a few pics of this years girlies I would like to share.

The plant with a lot of foliage is sweet deep and the other og. This year I got some great pots from the local seed shop and much bigger than last years, probably 30 litre plus, use bio bizz light and organic bio vega.

SD was germanised on the 5th May and pics are todays, I noticed that she has a lot of leaf as well as stems.

OG was germanised on the 4th June less leaf but still looks a good plant, got a bit of leaf worm so treated with shark worm that seems to work and on the organic side as well.

I do have a question for the group about changing the food for SD to bio flores, not sure when to start her on this if not now.

last year I caused a big problem with over feeding and smaller pots, they was not happy and the taste not good, my plants this year have reaped the rewards from last years mistakes...I hope! You can also see I put the plants on small palletts with some casters on, makes it much easier to move around especially with the heat we are getting here at the moment. Hope to hear some comments and advice.

Photo_24-07-15_10_14_39_1_.jpg
Photo_17-07-15_11_15_27.jpg
Photo_17-07-15_11_15_17.jpg

Thanks for the thumbs up, here's a few pics taken today, we have just had a shower of sandy rain!!

The girls are just starting to go into flower...I think.

feed wise I've been feeding 75% bio verde and 25% bio flores once a week, last year I think I over done the feed and they got burnt and I needed to flush the pots. I also just changed from verde to flores which could have caused a problem as well.

Hope you enjoy the pics.
Photo_09-08-15_12_19_48.jpg
Photo_09-08-15_12_20_09.jpg
Photo_09-08-15_12_19_57.jpg

Yes they are beginning to flower? How far south/north are you? Could you drop all the ingredients + NPK of your nutes here? Then we'll be able to help you.

I'm around latitude 36.4 southern Spain and this year heat has been the main concern with above avg temps 38-42 degrees on most days for well over 5 weeks now. I can move into the shade during the midday sun.

Neuts I'm using Biocanna
Bio Vega 2-1-5
Bio Flores 2-2-5

When I do feed I reduce the ph down from 8.9 to 6.5 using the food. Water ph 6.5 inbetween around every 4-5 days.

I've also taken some of the leaves out on sweet deep, lots of veg.

I'll share some more pics in the next few days. cheers

First things first, you don't need to adjust your PH if you grow organically. I've been growing LOS style for 13 years and I've never done it. Mycorrhizae and bacteria will do that for your plant if she grows in living organic soil. But if there's no life in your soil you do not really grow organically, it's that simple!

Another thing is your potassium is out of whack in these nutes, I know it's a common thing for producers to up everything, but cannabis thrives in low potassium/phosphorus soil with just occasional dash of it when it really needs it. For flowering I recommend additional feeding with calcium-magnesium + microelements. You might look for Cal-Mag, calcium carbonate (food grade), lithothamnium or Azomite, and use it every 3-4 waterings in low concentration like tbs per 3L. Leave the other nutes out, you didn't say that, but your mix is probably already rich in NPK, so pushing more is unnecessary! But if you feel, there's not enough vigor in your plants get some fish fertilizer and apply it from time to time :thumb:

Nice plant, but you have some white residue on the leaves. Are you spraying? Remember to flip the photos next time, they can be seen better that way :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a prob with flipping pics, can't seem to find where to do them, will look into it, the residue is from a very sandy drop of rain we had a week or so ago, I've checked under the leaves and they are ok.

Will do better next time on pics, thanks. :thumb:

Here's updated pics taken today 9th Sept

Well into flower and nearly ready I think! Was a bit disappointed with the bud sizes but they smell great.

Look forward to any feedback and comments. ;-)

Sorry could not find how to turn pics, they was uploaded the correct way!!

Here's some pics of the first cut, I did wash them using this info, the grid is the smaller buds drying and the others speak for themselves, just so you know I let the light back in for the pics, I have a very understanding wife who has let me occupy the main bathroom for drying, I also have 3 boxes that have plants drying in.

Bud Washing

420 Magazine
Photo_28-09-15_12_59_06.jpg
Photo_28-09-15_12_58_52.jpg

It was a struggle to keep up with the caterpillars trying to eat my buds and unfortunatly the pests got a few, not many large buds from sweet deep but they look very frosty, OG had better looking buds and feel tight.

I did cut a stem off sweet deep about 10 days ago, due to bug problem and it had a few nice nugs on it, I did not wash this and let it dry to a point it could be smoked...got couch lock and lost a few hours that afternoon...very nice ;-) not sure I want that to happen all the time and with a few extra days on the plant the rest should be ok.

I've just put in a cheese berry bit late in the season but I tried it last year and got a nice compact plant for xmas harvest, will start a new thread on the new one, just popped up today.

Hope you all have a great harvest ;-)!!

Back
Top Bottom