Second outdoor grow

chaiBong

hey guys, im about a month or so into my 2nd outdoor grow and i thought it was time to make a grow journal. we purchased 30 seeds off the internet:
10 x Dutch Treat East Island
10 x Some mixed Indica Kish Seeds
10 x Another mixed seeds including some Blackberry and Hash type plants.

Everything has been going smoothely up to about a couple days ago when I visited my plants and I noticed there were several holes in the leaves, looking as if they had been eaten. As well as some brown discoloration spots on the leaves. A few of the plants were almost gone, but the next day took a trip to the nursery and picked up some pesticide.
I was just there and took several pictures and they're just pending apporval so once they ready ill post. I think my plants will be okay its just a minor setback. Im goin to start postin pictures as often as I can and hopefully they pull through this rough spot

so here are some of the pictures, they're not lookin too great. any ideas on what this may be would be greatly appreciated.

here is the leafs lookin as if they had been munched on by some critters. hopefuly the pesticide i purchased will work.
pests_013.jpg

pests_040.jpg

notice some of the grey/brown spots on this one.

pests_027.jpg

and here is the whole setup:

pests_002.jpg

Your plants are being eatin by some sort of insect/animal. Its IMPOSSIBLE to tell what it is unless you catch the culprit in the act and give us details as to what it looks like. Being an outdoor grow theres so many possibilities.

alright thanks for the help. im gona go pick up some fungicide too and hopefully the pesticide will have done its stuff.

dont use pesticide thats nasty.
GO to your local organic food store and purchase a small bottle of NEEM LEAF EXSTRACT.
Just mix the NEEM with water and spray direclty on the plants.
pestisides are unnatural and should not be used near your crop.
Nice crop by the way.

okay thanks for the advice. i already sprayed once with pesticide but i wont do that again. gonna pick up some neem oil and fungicide and get my babies back on track!!!

i went to the nursery and on the neem oil bottle it said nothin about killin bugs or fungus, it just said how it is used to make the leaves brighter and shinier. i was wondering if this is fine or perhaps the wrong type of neem oil?
thanks

I would imagine if you got the Neem from a nursery then its the kind that will help your insect problem.
Neem oil has many applications... i got mine from health food store it is non toxic to mamals and birds but is a very efffetive incesticide.
JUst ask one of the nursery workers about whick brand to get.
Good luck.

That is a nice outdoor space.

thanks a lot for the help so far, it appears to be working. i fungicided about 3 days ago and the plants seem to be repairing themselves. there is still evidence of fungus and little critters with the munchies, but the plants seem to be doing better. i fertilized today and i took some pics so here they are:

this is one of the leaves, still got pretty bad fungus. should i remove the leaf or just leave it on?

photo_008.jpg

here's another guy who is a little bent, probably because of a weak stem. i put a little stick beside him and some rope.

photo_007.jpg

this is a healthier guy who's about 2 feet tall and lookin sharp.

photo_015.jpg

this guy i had a few questions about. i think i may have made a mistake when germinating, but basically i have two plants growing out of the exact same spot. i have sort of let the two grow up till now but i wasnt sure if i should let them keep on growing, or perhaps tie them down going opposite ways.

photo_030.jpg

and then lastly, here is another pic of the whole operation.

photo_026.jpg

hopefully the fert gets these plants bushies because some of them are growing tall but really arent all that bushy.
thanks for reading !!!:bong:

earlier today i visited the plants and things are starting to look better. the weather around here is gettin better and the plants are repairing the damage caused by the critters and fungi. a few are pretty mangled and one of them was lost, her(his?) stem broke. i took a few pictures:

this first one is of a few in pots and a few of the others(gettin bushy :cheesygrinsmiley: ):

fungi2_019.jpg

a leaf of a nice one:

fungi2_014.jpg

and finally, a depressing shot of one who isn't fairing too well(mind you it did recently rain very hard so that would count for something):

fungi2_002.jpg

thanks for reading and ill post more soon, they should be gettin better and bigger!!!:Rasta::Rasta::cool:

okay well i got a weird one, which really confused me (possibly because i was stoned) but here's the deal. i went up today for a routine watering, and one of the plants tops looks as if it had been ripped off. (im almost 100% sure it wasnt wildlife). aswell i found slime on a few of the plants and more evidence of critters eating them(only on a few plants). i have no idea about the slime, but i think i may insecticide a few of the plants which are still showing signs of bugs.

Looking good so far..
Do you know how much sunlight they get during the day?
Inadequate sunlight might be the reason for skinny plants.

Peace Easy.

well the spot where they are located is good (maybe not optimal) but the plants receive a good amount of sunlight. there was never any problems of lack of sunlight in the past, it may just be the plants are still recovering from the trauma of having little pests eating away at their precious leaves.

Back
Top Bottom