Second Scog Glookies

Glookies1

Flipped the ladies into flower today.

I left a lot more open space this go around. I learned in my first scrog of this strain that it stretches sideways as much as it does up.

It’s the bushiest strain I’ve ever grown. Literally every node tries to become a side branch.

The first scrog turned out fine, other than a ton of popcorn above the net, but below the tops.

I’m not a big fan of popcorn. I feel it just sucks energy from the main buds, so this time I’ve spread the main shoots further apart, and given them more room.

here’s the net at the flip:

Attachments

• 4D5E7CFF-459B-400A-BA6F-D33A1139AEFB.jpeg
    4D5E7CFF-459B-400A-BA6F-D33A1139AEFB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 240
It’s 4 plants. 2 scrog nets at 2x4 each.

Flowering light is a Fluence Spydr 2p LED 660 actual watts, 1700 PPFD

CO2 at 900 ppm, I’ll bump it up some after the stretch.

Day temps between 78-80, night temp 72

Soil grow. M3 “water only” soil in 10 gallon smart pots. I do use worm casting teas.

This is how the growing shoots look. If you can see, each node tries to become a side branch. They’ll stretch “out” while the tops stretch “up”.

The last 6 nodes or so created during the stretch will form one big top bud, but the colas themselves take on a Christmas tree shape as the lower bud sites branch out.

Attachments

• 991A3BBD-8F9A-4B1B-9F07-8DD69410295F.jpeg
    991A3BBD-8F9A-4B1B-9F07-8DD69410295F.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 139
They also revive an hour a day uv light
25% uva, 75% uvb. That will increase as well as the flowers set.

I generally like to keep co2 and temps along with uv light supplementation lower until after the stretch is done.

The lower day temps make it easier to maintain a closer day/night temp differential which helps lessen stem elongation during the stretch.

Once the stretch is done, I’ll bump day temps and co2 up, as well as uv light.

@Glookies1, looks good my man! Loving the nice even canopy I can remember when mine looked like that lol. Just out of interest when do you defoliate? Was it 3rd week or when stretch stops?

@Glookies1, looks good my man! Loving the nice even canopy I can remember when mine looked like that lol. Just out of interest when do you defoliate? Was it 3rd week or when stretch stops?

Kinda both. Lol. I don’t start counting flowering time until I actually get flowers.

So I’ll take some cuts about 3 weeks after buds form, which will be probably 5 weeks from the light flip to 12/12

I won’t take too much though.

I did find some spotting on fan leaves today.

This strain is known for cal mag deficiencies, but I don’t think that’s the cause.

Cal mag usually looks like rust spots. These have a different color to them.

I’m suspecting it’s a little burn from the uvb lights. So, I raised the lights up a couple inches and changed the uv light timing from 1 hour in the middle of the day cycle to 3, 15 minute uv busts spread throughout the day cycle. My guess is the lights were too close. The plants snuck up a bit taller and were 9 inches from the lights. I raised them to 12 inches which is where I usually run them.

Plants look happy though. Nice and green and leaves up.

Some tea is brewing for tomorrow, just worm castings, molasses and cal mag.

They’ll start drinking a lot more real soon.

Plants got a gallon each of worm castings tea this morning. They’re in 10 gallon pots, they’ll be taking 2 gallons per watering within a couple weeks.

Clipped out a little bit of undergrowth and tied down a few shoots to the net to train them to head where I want them to tuck under next.

They get an open tent day today. My co2 needs a refill and my lazy ass isn’t ready to run out and do that yet today, so I opened the tent to drop the temps to mid 70’s since they’ve only got ambient co2 at the moment.

Fifth day of 12/12 and here’s a “before” and “after” pic. Lots of new growth.

The roots have filled the pots too. They’re all the way to the fabric and really dense. It's tough to stick a finger in the soil now.

At this rate, they’re gonna have no problem filling the rest of the net.

Attachments

• 4D5E303F-CE23-426C-AEDA-9F9F13A5ECD0.jpeg
    4D5E303F-CE23-426C-AEDA-9F9F13A5ECD0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 41C29DF4-8FBA-42EE-A412-DEBD54212BF8.jpeg
    41C29DF4-8FBA-42EE-A412-DEBD54212BF8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
Houston, we have a problem.

My flowering light quit working. It’s a Fluence Spydr and has a warranty, but this is a pain.

I’m not overly concerned about leaving them in the dark a day or two, but I need a flowering light ASAP.

About to test the support

Ooooh ouch dude feel you! I guess that's the bonus of hps I always have a spare bulb lying around.

Really hope you get it fixed asap mate!
Haha I hope so mate!! Fingers crossed for you. They say sometimes darkness kicks em into flower quicker so might even help! Always gotta look at the positives!

Oh, it’s more just a pain in the butt that anything else. I don’t think the extra day of dark will hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom