Second Try: Soil Super Critical Auto Grow 2018

I checked the trichomes on two plants and on some branches there are maybe 50% of then amber, on lower branches they all cloudy but no amber ones, should I cut full plant or just some of the branches?

I checked the trichomes on two plants and on some branches there are maybe 50% of then amber, on lower branches they all cloudy but no amber ones, should I cut full plant or just some of the branches?
That is totally a personal decision... some people go with a staggered harvest and just take the top stuff on the first round and they wait a few days for the rest... others just throw it all in together and harvest it all at once.
Keep in mind too that the ripening process does not stop after they are chopped... it only slows down once the buds get dried out and in the cure.

Would not that girl then put all her being into those remaining trich's after a 1st harvest?
It can be argued that a severe partial harvest can put the flowering plant into shock too, but I never noticed that.

The trick I use is to put them in the dark for 36 hours before harvest...
Between the sun going out, no nutes and nothing but water, the plant really feels like the end is near, and this is when I notice most that of the trichomes all around the plant even out. You can't always count on the very top getting ripe first either... a lot of the time the lower popcorn buds are the first to mature.

Attachments

• received_2134509663545109.jpeg
    received_2134509663545109.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 168
  • received_2128488494147143.jpeg
    received_2128488494147143.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 152
  • received_218990882316068.jpeg
    received_218990882316068.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 163
  • received_292300201425468.jpeg
    received_292300201425468.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 119
The water is ph'ed to 6.5. I cut out the grow part, because read and saw few videos, where guys were using just two parts with autos, and they grew fine. Now I think it was a mistake. I starter with 1/3 not to burn the plants, because I saw some tipa burning on two of the plants with that dose. So I assumed it was the right dose. Should I go for full amount then? Cos I've read that with autos there should be smaller dose of nutrients.
You can't believe everything you read my friend, especially on online forums. At some point you need to experiment on your own and figure out who is blowing smoke at you and who is telling you the truth. It also helps to check out those who are giving you advice and see if they are capable of keeping a live grow journal going... proof is in the pudding as they say.
At 6.5 pH, you have broken your nutes. Bingo! At 6.5 pH, they don't work for very long because the soil is drifting the pH up. This is your major mistake. PH adjust to the lower end of the scale that GH recommends for their nutes in soil, I suggest 5.8 pH.
Mistake 2, trusting two guys who claim to have a better way. Follow the instructions given by the nute manufacturer. If they say to give 3 parts in certain ratios at certain times during the grow... that is probably the advice you need to follow... not two guys who might just be trying to make themselves sound somehow more knowledgeable than the folks who made the stuff.
Mistake 3, and we are all guilty of this one over and over in our lives... you assumed. You saw some tip burning or magnesium deficiency or something, and assumed that you were giving too much. I know, I know... you read that Auto's need less. If you have one of those little bitty autos that some folks end up growing [I am actually watching a 3" auto growing on this forum], they don't need many nutes. If you are trying to grow a big Auto... feed it big. Makes sense, yes? Give a plant a bigger light, it needs more nutes.... more soil... more nutes...
Not sure how I missed all those posts up until now, but Sister Emilya had you covered! & congrat's on the harvest!

FYI, there is a method called the "Lucas Formula" that uses only the Micro & Bloom formulas of the 3-part series. When using the Lucas formula, you always apply in a 2:1 ratio and the amount per gallon will depend on the type of lighting you're using. You need to apply this in these very specific ratios when using the Lucas Formula or you will end up with deficiencies.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom