Secret Jardin Tent Suggestions Please

doniboy

I've join a few site like this one, but my questions usually go unanswered. I'm hoping someone here will take the time to steer me in the right direction. I'm a complete noob to all of this. I've purchased a few books, but none of them deal much with grow tents or make any suggestion about product lines. Right now I'm basically trying to get all the materials together to grow indoors in my 2 bedroom rented apartment. It will be my first grow.

After researching a little, I have decided that I want to use/purchase a Secret Jardin grow tent for my setup. The only problem is I'm not sure what tent(s) to purchase. From what I gather, I need at least 2 tents. One to veg, and one for flowering. So I would need to only buy two tents correct? What tent should I buy and what sizes do you all suggest? The Secret Jardin website has several product lines and sizes to choose from (Dark Room II, Dark Street II, Dark Room Twin, Dark Propagator, Dark Dryer), but I have no clue about which I would need and what size to buy. Any help or suggestions would b greatly appreciated.

Hi doniboy, welcome to 420mag, you've come to the right place.

Be sure you read over the rules and check out the stickies in the FAQ section, tons of golden information.

Our company sells the Growlab Grow Tents, however there really isn't anything negative to say about the Darkrooms, I will be posting them on our website tomorrow.

The size you need is up to you, or up to your living situation/resources.

Honestly if you're new to growing I do not recommend getting two tents, one veg and one flower. I would say stick to one tent for your entire focus, get the basics down, and get some return on your investment. Then branch out and expand your grow.

If you need help purchasing any gear feel free to email me Joey@gjvydro.com

Hi I've just got The Secret Jardin Dark Room Street 120 Grow Tent Kit comes with:

Euro Reflector

Secret Jardin Dark Room Street DRS120 Grow tent

4x 14” plant pot saucers

4x 11ltr plant pots

2 metres of Jack Chain

1x 50ltr Bio Bizz all mix

1x Envirolight contactor greenhouse timer

1x Eurolux 600 watt ballast & 600 watt bulb

1x Vents 6” Carbon Filtration kit

Just want to no what else I would need of is that fine to start with?
Cheers

I've join a few site like this one, but my questions usually go unanswered. I'm hoping someone here will take the time to steer me in the right direction. I'm a complete noob to all of this. I've purchased a few books, but none of them deal much with grow tents or make any suggestion about product lines. Right now I'm basically trying to get all the materials together to grow indoors in my 2 bedroom rented apartment. It will be my first grow.

After researching a little, I have decided that I want to use/purchase a Secret Jardin grow tent for my setup. The only problem is I'm not sure what tent(s) to purchase. From what I gather, I need at least 2 tents. One to veg, and one for flowering. So I would need to only buy two tents correct? What tent should I buy and what sizes do you all suggest? The Secret Jardin website has several product lines and sizes to choose from (Dark Room II, Dark Street II, Dark Room Twin, Dark Propagator, Dark Dryer), but I have no clue about which I would need and what size to buy. Any help or suggestions would b greatly appreciated.

I use a couple of DR tents myself & must admit the Dark Room II are the better model which supports greater flexibilitie in set up e.g for air cooled hoods with addittional ports etcs to house ducting if you wish to improve your set up in the future plus side windows/vents at base for passive venting !

Hi I've just got The Secret Jardin Dark Room Street 120 Grow Tent Kit comes with:

Euro Reflector

Secret Jardin Dark Room Street DRS120 Grow tent

4x 14” plant pot saucers

4x 11ltr plant pots

2 metres of Jack Chain

1x 50ltr Bio Bizz all mix

1x Envirolight contactor greenhouse timer

1x Eurolux 600 watt ballast & 600 watt bulb

1x Vents 6” Carbon Filtration kit

Just want to no what else I would need of is that fine to start with?
Cheers

Just need nutrients e.g grow/bloom & advise a good micro nutrient solution also :thumb:

You might want to look at a digital thermostat & humidifier gadget tells ya both room humidity 'n' temps every good grower has one !

Might want a MH bulb 600w for vegging best check to make sure your ballest can handle both types of buylbs being hps & mh !

Light spectrum quite is important really MH/metal halide along with cfls/T5 etc of aprox 6400k/kelvin are dominate blue spectrum which supports plant growth in veg & helps maintain a more bushy plant with shorter internode spacing.

Whilst using a HPS for vegging lengthens internode spacing creating tall, lanky plants... not so great in a space controled enviroment dependig on dominate genetics of strain grown !

You can also source dual spectrum HIDs/hps by the brands nown as grolux, sunmaster and i belive philips do a dual spectrum cmh/ceramic matal halide which can be all used in both vegging & flowering if aviable in your country :thumb:

Get a secret jardin when you need a high quality, light proof, leak tight tent, such as for flowering. If you can tolerate leaks, such as for vegging, get any cheap tent you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom