Secret Jardine DR60 grow tent SCROG Prep and info

smokeytimez

Thanks for reading.

Before this turns into a grow journal I want to see if any has any info, experience or knowledge that would help me do my scrog.

Secret Jardine grow tent 60x60x150
250mh/hps light
Vents tt 4'' outlet fan
Buddy carbon filter

I have vitalink grow feed and bloom for both stages. I'll br buying other nutes and ph balancers.

Lighting schedule in veg will be 18/6 for 5 weeks, or until screen is full. Is this right??
Feeding schedule will be 1/4 strength nutes from week 1 and 2 every other watering.. Any ideas changes to be made??

ILl feed full dose from then on every other watering. Full flush before flower. With ph balanced water.

Any info for this would be helpful anyone done a scrog in this tent?? Z

Cheer

Re: Secret Jardine DR60 grow tent SCROG Prep and info.

Don't forget that your plants should give a burst of extra growth when you flip them to 12/12. Most scroggers will veg until their screen is about 75% full and then switch to 12/12. Keep training those branches during the first week of flower to fill the screen completely, then just let them go.

I'll be starting my scrog grow journal within a week or so. I'm also using secret jardin tents but mine are the 90x90, and i'll be under LEDs.

Cheers for the info mate. I'll keep that in mind, I'll sub to your thread so I can watch how you do it.

What height is good for the net??

Cheers mate

Cheers for the info mate. I'll keep that in mind, I'll sub to your thread so I can watch how you do it.

What height is good for the net??

Cheers mate

between 8 - 12 inches (20-30cm) above the top of your medium. I'm going to try to use the vertical support bars of the tent to attach my screen, probably with pvc. The tents are currently in transit, so I can't plan too much until they get here.

Speaking of your medium, are you growing hydro or soil?

Easy bud

Currently growing in soil mate you??

Don't think I dare do the whole hydro yet seems so complicated but then again could be easier.

Just need these bag seed to fibish then I can grt sone proper seeds going

Cheers mate

Mine will be hydro. My last grow was DWC which went ok, but had lots of root problems. My next one will be simple flood and drain. I'll be doing 4 buckets (5 gal) per tent. Hydro is only as complicated as you make it, but it can get expensive. I wish I would've started with soil.

Can't wait to see your grow, and to show you mine. Wait, that came out wrong...

That made me crack up! Seriously man! Lol

You'll have to put some links on when ya get going and I'll carry it on with this link. Kinda looking forward to doing the scrog, and using the tent poles is a good idea to suspend the net.

With hydro does the tank have a filter and pump so it's always refreshing or do the plants stay in the same water for so long then full water change. May sound db but I have no idea

I like to bring some humor into the discussion whenever possible. LOL.

With my next hydro setup, I'll have a reservoir with a pump on a timer. Basically, the timer triggers the pump a few times a day and the medium (hydroton in my case) gets completely flooded for a few minutes. I'll be changing my res probably every other week to give the plants fresh nutes for their growth stage.

For example, veg will be one recipe, then flush.
Weeks 1-2 flower, then flush.
weeks 3-4, then flush.
weeks 5-6, then flush.
weeks 7-8, then flush.
week 9 plain water
havest!

Each flush uses clearex and I gradually increase the nutrient strength on each change.

Btw, does your tent have extra vent socks at the top for separate light cooling? If so, you may want to run 2 fans in your tent. Otherwise, just make sure your fan is attached directly to your filter, pulling air in though the filter and pushing out over your light and then out of the tent.

I like the sound of the hydro setup. So it's basically getting the nutes and balance right for that stage, I reckon I'd be up for giving it a go.

What size tent is ideal for a hydro setup??
Is there a certain plant to lithe/watercapacity??

I see a hydro video where a guy was growing pla ts right thru to harvest in 2 inch rock wool squares I think. And the roots where massive and healthy as fuck mannnnnnnn lol

Cheers dude

And in my tent I have a vent hole in the side and top. I didn't use my filter during veg. I Did attach it straight the fan like you said.

Next thing I buy will be an air intake for the side vent though, my temps and hunidity havr been kind, my current temp for day 13 flower is 28 celsius and humidity 37%

What temps and humidity fot hydro??

I like the sound of the hydro setup. So it's basically getting the nutes and balance right for that stage, I reckon I'd be up for giving it a go.

What size tent is ideal for a hydro setup??
Is there a certain plant to lithe/watercapacity??

I see a hydro video where a guy was growing pla ts right thru to harvest in 2 inch rock wool squares I think. And the roots where massive and healthy as fuck mannnnnnnn lol

Cheers dude

Tent size can be whatever. People grow hydro in standard size computer cases, lol. You could easily do a hydro setup in your dr60. your number of plants and method of growing will determine your reservoir size. Mine will be 4x 5 gallon (19L) buckets and I'm hoping to get away with a 27 gallon (102L) reservoir. With a scrog, you cant really transplant since your girls will be growing through their screen. So mine will live in their buckets from the time they come out of the cloner until they are harvested.

And in my tent I have a vent hole in the side and top. I didn't use my filter during veg. I Did attach it straight the fan like you said.

Next thing I buy will be an air intake for the side vent though, my temps and hunidity havr been kind, my current temp for day 13 flower is 28 celsius and humidity 37%

What temps and humidity fot hydro??

There is a simple DIY intake filter somewhere on the forums. Just some PVC elbows with cut to fit HEPA filters and a hose clamp. Cheap and effective.

I don't think temp and humidity requirements change at all for hydro vs soil. Yours sound right on the money!

As for my grow, I just got the tracking info on my tents. They'll be here on Monday which means I've got a lot of work to do this weekend. I guess its time to germinate some seeds!
:cheer:

Sounds quality mate. You must be buzzing.
Only difference between soil and hydro then is the environment in which the roots are. Fascinating really.

What method do you use for germinating I soak seeds 24 hours paper towel method next day sprouted. I had 12/12 bagseed germinate lol.

Defo keep updates on your scrog mate, I was thinking about what pot size to start with probably to 15l should allow plenty of room hopefully.

Cheers dude

And I'll Defo check that homemade filter sounds a cracker mate. Would help me out for sure.

I do the paper towel method as well. Once I get tails, they go into small rockwool cubes. Then into the buckets with the hydroton once i get a few sets of leaves. I've got 8 seeds to work with right now. 3x Super Lemon Haze, 3x OG Kush #18, 1x Auto Blueberry, and 1x Auto La Musa. I think I'm gonna pop 2 of each on the Lemon & OG and save one of each in case of emergencies. I've never run autoflowers before, so I might give those a go in a separate tent.

I'll be posting my growroom setup in the appropriate forum once I get my tents up. Then I'll start my journal as well. I'll post links in my sig and I'll PM you the links as well.

I searched for that filter I mentioned. I know I just saw it the other day, but can't find it now. :rollingeyes:

Cheers my friend!:Namaste:

BTW, 15L "sounds a cracker" to me. LOL I really think I should've been born a brit, you guys have the best slang...

Lol you joker. I'm hoping fron 15 litres I can get a nice yield to be fair. After I grt my svrog done I might build a box for a small hydro like 2-3 plants. If it messes up least Ient losy much, except my patience.

I had a look online last night for a home made filter there's a couple of good design ob the net, so thanks for the idea man I wouldn't have look otherwise.

I'm waiting for my seeds hoping they'll be here today to be honest. Ordered some purple cheese, og kush, and whte widow. All feminised. I'd like to see that OG kush of yours growing man I reckon that will be a great grow.

And as for the slang mate, there's a whole lot of shizzle to learn.

Oh we invented the shizzle fo rizzle. I got my tents in today and already got one setup. I'm glad I didn't go any bigger. Lights will be here later this week.

I'm actually a little concerned about the OG. Its the reserva privada #18 and I paid some good money for it, but have heard a lot of bad reviews on the strain. I'm gonna pop them anyways and see how they do. I'm also thinking about giving my autoflowers a run, they were free so might as well use them. The Super Lemon Haze is the one I'm really excited about. I had it in my last grow and saved a couple seeds for just this occasion.

I'm happy to hear your seeds came though. I don't have any experience with any of those strains, but sounds like some killer genetics.

Here's how my test fit looked with the scrubber hung and buckets laid out:

IMG_092619.JPG

IMG_092517.JPG

I can't wait to get all three of them put together. My next big step are going to be the controller buckets. Once I get that sorted, Thunderbirds are GOOOOO!!!!

yeahaaaaaaaa mannnn on the road now eh... Good stuff.

I dunno about the OG mate I ent tried that one to be fair,

They usually all get food reviews but as I say I don't know

That's a neat setup mate I need to do some thinking too as my plants are. Nearly over taking my tent I switched them at a foot high and bow they're nearly 4.5 ft lol ill post a pic in a bit lol

But that's quality mate I hope everything goes well and you get going with ease bruddah

Thanks dude and good luck

Back
Top Bottom