Sediment Free Nutrients

Redoctober

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here and I guess I'll start by asking if anyone can recommend a particular brand of nutrients that is sediment free? I'm going to be attempting my first aeroponic experiment, and require something that will not clog up the fine mist heads. I've done plenty of reading and research on here before posting and there seems to be an incredible wealth of knowledge to be tapped. I couldn't find the answer to this particular question though. I know many people love "Advanced Nutrients" but no one really mentions whether they contain sediment, or are powder based (which I've been told is bad for mist heads)? I wouldn't mind using AN if they would work as they are relative common and easy to obtain (albeit a tad expensive). I was strongly considering the Plantlife Products nutrient line because they specifically advertise as sediment free and are geared towards aeroponics, but I couldn't find any reviews of their stuff. I'll save that for another thread though :)

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here and I guess I'll start by asking if anyone can recommend a particular brand of nutrients that is sediment free? I'm going to be attempting my first aeroponic experiment, and require something that will not clog up the fine mist heads. I've done plenty of reading and research on here before posting and there seems to be an incredible wealth of knowledge to be tapped. I couldn't find the answer to this particular question though. I know many people love "Advanced Nutrients" but no one really mentions whether they contain sediment, or are powder based (which I've been told is bad for mist heads)? I wouldn't mind using AN if they would work as they are relative common and easy to obtain (albeit a tad expensive). I was strongly considering the Plantlife Products nutrient line because they specifically advertise as sediment free and are geared towards aeroponics, but I couldn't find any reviews of their stuff. I'll save that for another thread though :)

I think Advanced Nutrients are the best choice when you want to have as few problems as possible.

As for sediment, I think all fertilizers include (and should include) macronutrients, meaning they have larger nutrients in them, which create sediment.

I'm not sure you can avoid sediment altogether. What you can do is you can make sure that you're using fresh nutrients that haven't settled all to the bottom of their bottles. Stirring the nutes up also helps to dissolve them into their solution.

Using liquid solutions works the best to avoid sediment problems. I know I've had troubles with powder and mixing my own solutions. I can do it, but I'd rather just pour out what I need. LOL

Something that you also need to consider is that you need to be responsible with the nutrients you use and how you use them. If you aren't following the directions or you're using too many nutes, then you will get sediment issues - especially in your setup.

Watch your nutrients, the concentrations, and use common sense. You'll be on the right track.

As long as you clean and flush your system as recomended when you do a res change I dont think you will run into a lot of sediment problems. In the flowering period you may due to the excelerated water uptake by the plants.

I haven't found any problems with Advanced Nutrients myself. And I think as long as you flush well at the end, you should be able to avoid troubles.

Just check when you're using more water during certain growth periods since that will increase your risk of sediment.

I think that it's more of a grower problem to have sediment than a problem of the nutrients. LOL.

I use Advanced Nutrients and haven't seen any sediment at all. Today I emptied the last of two liters of Sensi Bloom A and B into glass containers (without shaking first) and both were completely clear (other than color) and had no sediment on the bottom. I also have my spray heads easily available for checking. If I find one clogged, I simply unscrew it and screw in a new one. Then I unclog the clogged one with hydrogen peroxide and CLR.

Back
Top Bottom