Seed Authenticity

Grizzulstr8

Just had a quick question for the community. I hope this is posted in the correct place. Has anyone ever read any reviews of certain seeds that included genetic testing? I was just curious because seeds are not cheap nowadays by any standard. How do I really know that I'm getting Big Bud strain or just not utilizing my grow setup to its potential? How can I really tell if I got Girl Scout Cookies or just some bag seeds from some good smoke? I understand that there are differences in aromas or growth characteristics that determine more general genetics like Indicas and Sativas, or even land race regions. But how can we tell if we are being sold something other than what is advertised. I certainly don't have the ability or know how to provide this much needed accountability, as I'm sure I'm in the vast majority as well. What really keeps these seed banks honest and business worthy is no different than any other market. I would be very interested to read any material relating to what I've stated. What do you guys think?

Good question, unfortunately the answer is you can't check it any other way than by doing genetic sequencing, and the only lab that does it is Phylos.

Back
Top Bottom