Seed Banks

trueblue2757

Hey fellow tokers, my brother and I are starting are second year of growing and have always used Clones, thus dealing with spider mites and not really knowing if your smoking what you think your smoking, We are going toi start growing from seeds, what are some of the more reputable seed banks? and is growing from seed as scary as some CLONERS have said? do you usually loose 50% or 2 out of 5? Any feed back is deeply appreciated, Hope not that could get expen$ive!! "TOKE ON":tokin:

I used Herbie's pick n mix seeds, and haven't got a complaint. If you don't buy fem seeds, you can lose half of them for being male. But other than that, seeds aren't a problem

Well there is no better then regular seeds. Yes you should do 5 at a time and sex them but to get a f1 pure strain that is the best. Fem seeds work too but some run the risk of problems. Buying fem seeds from good breeders is the best way for them. I grow both. Main reason is some plants there is no male option like true white widow. I agree with Peyton on using Herbie's. they are good and stand by what they sale.

I've used Herbies as well. But we have several seed banks (Herbies included) who are 420 Magazine sponsors, and they're all worth a look, and offer great varieties.

They also offer varying specials and deals too, so be sure to check them all out and see who has the strain you want, and a nice freebie deal to go along with it.

And being sponsors, you can be sure they're legit companies as well.

As for losing seeds?

I planted 8 total so far from Herbies. 8 total germinated.

2 I killed with too many nutes. 1 seed I lost because I was impatient and kept digging it up to check on it. (Plant it once and leave it), and 1 seed died because I cracked the outer shell while scarifying, and it caused too much moisture to get into the seed.

So subtract my newbie mistakes, and I have a 100% success rate with seed.

I went to our sponsors specifically to buy my seeds, to support those that support us. I did search through the sponsors forum area for a discount code, I have to say I was disappointed that the only one that had a discount code for us was Herbies. I wanted to buy from Herbies because of their discount code. I had it narrowed down to 2 companies and both companies prices are very similar after the discount. I did purchase from Seedman because of the freebies they had, which were more suited to my needs for my meds. After searching the net I found a code for a discount for Seedman but I was disappointed they did not have one posted here on 420.

Also kinda surprised that seed sponsors do not offer any seeds for our monthly contests. Maybe some kinda code for when you win a monthly contest, so the seed company can ship direct. I am sure we would have to pay for shipping(or would we), but it would be awesome.

Unfortunately, adding a seed sponsor to one of our contests could implicate us in the transaction. Therefore we cannot do what you suggest until they change federal law. We've been wanting to do this for ages, however cannot take the risk of losing our entire mission over it. Smaller sites who are under the federal radar are doing it, however we must take more caution.

Have you tried looking for more discount codes and offers here?
420 Sponsors

Please feel free to ask our seed sponsors if they offer discounts for our members, as not all of them are active with forum participation.
:Namaste:

I went to our sponsors specifically to buy my seeds, to support those that support us. I did search through the sponsors forum area for a discount code, I have to say I was disappointed that the only one that had a discount code for us was Herbies. I wanted to buy from Herbies because of their discount code. I had it narrowed down to 2 companies and both companies prices are very similar after the discount. I did purchase from Seedman because of the freebies they had, which were more suited to my needs for my meds. After searching the net I found a code for a discount for Seedman but I was disappointed they did not have one posted here on 420.

Also kinda surprised that seed sponsors do not offer any seeds for our monthly contests. Maybe some kinda code for when you win a monthly contest, so the seed company can ship direct. I am sure we would have to pay for shipping(or would we), but it would be awesome.

Yes I did look there, that link is also in my sig.

I am not really one for asking for a discount, I will use one if it is presented or will search the web for one.

As for the sponsors not being active in the community, well I guess that is their loss. Maybe they do not yet realize how much business can be derived from 420 mag site.

Totally understand your need to follow the federal laws.

Main reason is some plants there is no male option like true white widow.

Actually there is. White Widow = Black Widow from Mr. Nice Seeds. Shantibaba doesn't sell feminized seeds :)

London Seed Centre, world wide secure shipping,quality products,got 5 NL auto fems recently,all straight into soil ,all going strong!

Posted May 28th 2014
Found a 10% discount for Seedsman

code= LOW205

Bought 18 Black Widow

Breeder: Shantibaba's

Ordered around 2 am this morning will let you know how long everything takes.

Seeds arrived on Friday June 6th, 9 days.

Everything arrived in a reasonable time frame and undamaged. I liked the packaging everything was sealed in a foil resealable package, as well as a tube. I do not expect any issue germinating(seeds will be stored in the refrigerator until needed), but if I do have germination problems I will come back to this thread to update.

Black_Widow_2014-06-06_-001.JPG

Black_Widow_2014-06-06_-002.JPG

Black_Widow_2014-06-06_-003.JPG

Black_Widow_2014-06-06_-004.JPG

Back
Top Bottom