Seed Madness Medical Grow by The Butcher

The veg was just a couple weeks. I try to go according to height, it's always seemed to help me be more accurate. She started out @ 18 inches and finished out at 56 inches.

Wow Butcher, the Jacks I've been growing have only stretched from around 2' at the flip to less than 3' finished. Do you have a rack in there? :) I love that Jack cola :thumb:

:peace:

Yo Butcher have you ever added a water level to one of your DWC set ups? If so-do you have any advice on what materials and what technique I should use? I may install one today.
-Appreciate the help!
PG

nice bushes

:thanks:

GO BUTCHER!!! THOSE PLANTS ARE INSANE!! Yo how do you keep the trunk of your plant perfectly straight like that???

I actually try not to use anything to help them; however when they start to get top heavy; I do use stakes.

Hey Butcher! :popcorn:

Lots of new folks here since your last grow. Now they can see the master at work and learn from you the way I did! Bet you are glad to be back in the saddle again. :)

:adore: OMM, back to you. Friends like you are the reason why journal'n continues to stay fun and exciting everyday. :party:

Wow Butcher, the Jacks I've been growing have only stretched from around 2' at the flip to less than 3' finished. Do you have a rack in there? :) I love that Jack cola :thumb:

I've had a couple different pheno's of the jack and the other does so the same. Pheno#2 as I call it has a slightly different sell and doesn't stretch as much. Pheno#1 will stretch more and gives off ore of a Northern lights smell; along with a top cola that is (((JAW DROPPING))):):)

:peace:

Yo Butcher have you ever added a water level to one of your DWC set ups? If so-do you have any advice on what materials and what technique I should use? I may install one today.
-Appreciate the help!
PG
I have just not using it. If you like I can go get the materials to make it once again, then document it for you if you like. Let me know, its no problem.

If you opt not to then be sure to document your feedings, this will allow you know when to feed the ladies. The ladies that are flowering right now eat 1 gallon a day, this will up once flowering has fully set in. I refill every 3 days then top off every other feeding. I guess its more toward having done this for so long, it becomes more natural to know the feeding schedules. In all honesty though, that's a job in itself; especially working w/ so many strains.

Anyhow, Let me know if you want me to put together a tutorial and I will, it will just take a day or two at the most.(that's just so the sealant dries properly.)

:thanks: everyone and more updates of the veg room coming later today.

:ganjamon:

You have some nice looking ladies there Butcher. I'm staying tuned..:popcorn:

:Namaste:

I apreciate you wanted to help me so much man thats really cool of you, but I just found the link to the tutorial that Rumpleforeskin does on it, but if you do something tottaly different from him it would definetly be cool to see and figure out what works best for me, but I can't imagine there being too many ways of doing this.
Thanks again for help with the name changing issue, now I just gatta inform everyone.
Take it easy.
-Hydrologist ;)

Yo Butcher I got another question for you: So from what i've gathered you can tell if you've put too much nutrient in your 5 gal DWC resivore when you find the TDS of the water is pretty high when the water gets low enough to need to change it. Basically when the water gets to about the 8 inch mark up the resivore-and this happens expecially with the girl in flower-I change her water but before I pour out whats left I'll test it and find that the PH is like 5.9 kinda low for that ammount of water to be left i'd imagine and there is like 600-900PPM left over in there. The Crazy thing is she isn't burning. At all from this really. I mean here and there she has a burnt leaf but nothing serious. This plant to me is almost the test plant too. Being that Heks and I have had to switch off taking care, plus she's the plant that has helped me understand the strain and how much food to give my girl, so to say the least she's blazed the trail for us to grow better plants in the future.
Anyways so if the above statement is true then it must be true also that if you put too little nutrient in the water she's going to suck it up quicker and the PH is ganna shoot up faster and all that bad stuff. The opposite of what was stated earlier.

So if both statements are true (which im guessing on) Then there must be some sort of sweet spot in between where the nutrients are in amounts that allow for maximum absorption and minimum disorder.

If you have any knowledge in regards to how to better measure these variables and find that sweet spot PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Also so far i've only purchased one grow book-the cannabis grow bible, and I almost feel like im more advanced than what that book has to show me, so I was wondering if you know of any more advanced books you can recommend me? Books that have information in regards to what I just wrote would be bad ass too but not necessary.
Take it easy homie.

The grower formerly known as PacificGrown
-Hydrologist

PS
on second thought I think it would be bad ass if you made a tutorial for me on how to make the water level for my 5 gal DWC bucket. I have yet to make it and im having difficulty following the other journal I was talking about earlier. I dont have class till later in the day tomorrow so I was planning on getting up early and trying to add it on. Like around 10 or 11 Pacific Time or not I dunno. But yeah if you get some time maybe you can post directions? I dont necessarily need the pictures to go along.
Its your call though.
Thanks again!
Hydrologist

Hey how did your thread get a 5 star ranking? How did your journal get a rank period? Just curious as to how that works? Same way as people ranking pictures im guessing?

Yo Butcher I got another question for you: So from what i've gathered you can tell if you've put too much nutrient in your 5 gal DWC resivore when you find the TDS of the water is pretty high when the water gets low enough to need to change it. Basically when the water gets to about the 8 inch mark up the resivore-and this happens expecially with the girl in flower-I change her water but before I pour out whats left I'll test it and find that the PH is like 5.9 kinda low for that ammount of water to be left i'd imagine and there is like 600-900PPM left over in there. The Crazy thing is she isn't burning. At all from this really. I mean here and there she has a burnt leaf but nothing serious. This plant to me is almost the test plant too. Being that Heks and I have had to switch off taking care, plus she's the plant that has helped me understand the strain and how much food to give my girl, so to say the least she's blazed the trail for us to grow better plants in the future.
Anyways so if the above statement is true then it must be true also that if you put too little nutrient in the water she's going to suck it up quicker and the PH is ganna shoot up faster and all that bad stuff. The opposite of what was stated earlier.

So if both statements are true (which im guessing on) Then there must be some sort of sweet spot in between where the nutrients are in amounts that allow for maximum absorption and minimum disorder.

If you have any knowledge in regards to how to better measure these variables and find that sweet spot PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Also so far i've only purchased one grow book-the cannabis grow bible, and I almost feel like im more advanced than what that book has to show me, so I was wondering if you know of any more advanced books you can recommend me? Books that have information in regards to what I just wrote would be bad ass too but not necessary.
Take it easy homie.

The grower formerly known as PacificGrown
-Hydrologist

Each plant has its own sweet spot. The best way to find this is to document the feeding habits on a daily basis i.e; PPM-?, E.C-?, P.H-?, TEMP-?

This information will truly get you to understand the plants habits. I do it on a regular basis, not just on strains that I've never grown. This information will allow you to come up with the right nutrient regimen for your plant. PLUS, if you categorize the chart just right, you can write your own recipes for each stage. All this info will allow you to mix batches of nutrients going according to your recipe and know what the above info is before you even test it. When I go on vacation, I leave recipe cards for my friend to mix a batch up. Trust me its well worth the time and effort.

PS
on second thought I think it would be bad ass if you made a tutorial for me on how to make the water level for my 5 gal DWC bucket. I have yet to make it and im having difficulty following the other journal I was talking about earlier. I dont have class till later in the day tomorrow so I was planning on getting up early and trying to add it on. Like around 10 or 11 Pacific Time or not I dunno. But yeah if you get some time maybe you can post directions? I dont necessarily need the pictures to go along.
Its your call though.
Thanks again!
Hydrologist

I'll put one together, just gotta go to the depot. :tokin:

Hey how did your thread get a 5 star ranking? How did your journal get a rank period? Just curious as to how that works? Same way as people ranking pictures I'm guessing?

Click on the stars and it should let you vote for the thread. The site averages it according to each vote. If you hover over the stars a lil dialog box should state how many votes and the average you have.

I plan on giving the about 7 more days then tim to thin out. I try not to prune till' after the stretch is complete.

Whattt??? You wait till they finish stretching durring flowering as in waiting a month before pruning the plants :-/ shit I just pruned a bunch of nodes that arn't getting light off my girl tight and she's in week one of flower :/ but I still have her on veg nuts(around 1000ppm of Dutch Master Gold Zone Grow A and B) and will continue to for the first 10 days then i'll give her a 12 hour "zyme" bath with AN's sensizyme then switch her to bloom (sensi bloom a and b) at about 800 ppm for a week then add some kushi kush and bring her up to 1000ppm and continue bringing her up to 1300 the sweet spot i've found so far.

So I already pruned alot of her today (about 6 days into 12/12 w. veg nuts) is this okay??? when are the best times to prune those crappy lower nodes that are just ganna turn into pop corn nugs???
Thanks for the help Butch
-Hydrology-guy
:lot-o-toke::thumb:

The reason for this is I like to grow bigger plants; the above in addition to the 36 hours of darkness helps to cut the stretch of outward growth. I've found that trimming after the stretch helps the grower to control what will & won't get light. Plus, I like to cut clones during this period; flowering clones take longer to re-veg, however it does buy me time in the veg room.

As for veg nutes during the first week, this is all good if you chose to do so. I personally switch out to flowering nutes at week 2. You don't want flowering plants to have to much nitrogen. To much nitrogen will cause your leaf to flower ratio to be greater.

As for when this is how I do it:

Flowering
Week 1 (Day 4) - Trim
Week 2 - 3 (once the stretch has completed)- Trim

I hope this helps you in your trimming adventures. Let me know if you need better detail I can provide it if need be. :ganjamon:

Update:

Nutrient - Per Gallon
Gen. Hydro Flora Micro - 1 tsp
Gen. Hydro Flora Gro - 1 tsp
Gen. Hydro Flora Bloom - 1 tsp
Hygrozyme - 1 tsp
Kool Bloom - 1 tsp
Carbo-Load - 1 tsp
PH - 5.63
PPM - 1250
Temperature - 76*
RH - 52%

seedmadness_update_3_010.jpg

Jorges Diamond #1

seedmadness_update_3_012.jpg

Sour Diesel

seedmadness_update_3_011.jpg

Double Stalk

seedmadness_update_3_013.jpg

Double Headed Top

seedmadness_update_3_014.jpg

sm_banner.gif

Dunno it's happen twice on this same plant. I don't know what to anticipate in this sitch. The one thing that I will be watching for though is bud-rot. The flowers are going to be fighting for room so it will be an interesting battle non the less. I will definitely be updating that stalk often, I feel it is something that will make this grow remarkable, considering I've personally never seen it happen before.

Hey Butcher Looking beautiful had a question about the veg nutes and flower By the time My current grow needs watering again It will be about 8 days into 12/12 would you switch to the flower nutes at this point?

If you could have a look at my current grow The health canada seed stock test I am growing them along with GHS great white shark and el nino have a peek if you could your input would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom