Seed problems: wilting & no pops

HydroponicFireman

I seem to have a seed problem from some plants that I pollinated about 6 months ago.

I de-seeded from the buds immediately after curing (Dec 2017), wet them and cleaned off debris within the span of an hour or so and for good measure let them dry out in open air over night on a paper towel. I then put them in a small baggie and put them in a pill bottle and put that in a black cloth bag. No moisture has been found since on them or in the bag.

The problem is that only about 75-80% seem to pop and grow and of those about 60-75% tend to wilt off and die almost immediately after. I tried FoxFarm, cloning cubes and vermiculite and both seem to have the same problems.

I seem to have best results putting them in a shotglass with hydrogen peroxide on a heat mat until they pop open and immediately put them on wet dirt and sprinkle a bit (maybe 1/4 in) of dirt over it in a humidity dome.

Whats the deal?

Good point, I believe that may be the issue...I'm not completely confident it was 100% finished before harvest. :Namaste:

Am I really one of the few that cleans my seeds?? lol I would have thought this to be common practice. I'm positive the contact with water wasnt nearly enough to start germination it was very quick. I heard about seed cleaning from seed companies doing it which is why I started the practice and plus I didnt want any mold issues with long-term storage.

To be honest im just calling mother nature. Big seed companys like greenhouse etc. Have big sorting machines that check various factors to ensure viability. Couldnt tell ya what those factors are but yer lol

Good point, but what about the wilting away? It will do good with its first leaves and just after that the stem will get stinny and it will topple over, shrivel up and die. It seems to happen when it never did before. Same environment, soil, etc just the seeds are different....maybe underdeveloped?

Back
Top Bottom