Seed storage months or years?

nukum

Justed received my beans today and talking with a friend he said if I stored them over time the they would dry out and would not germinate Over time as in a year or two. Could any one help me out on this ...... Is that true ,right now I have them in a dry dark place. I have ten Cinderella 99 and ten Northern Light/Cinderella . so I would hate to try to ger them all at this time. I would like to get clone off a mother plant and save the rest of the seeds for later.

I usually just place them in a bag and throw them in the freezer.

seeds can stay viable for years the only problem is the longer they go the chances of them sprouting go down each year and it might take a little longer to get them to pop. Your doing the right thing right now man, just keep them in a cool, dry and dark place and they will last. I actually just germinated a seed I saved from 3 years ago and it poped in less than 24 hours! lol Hope that answered some of your questions :cool:

Thanks man yes you have given me some of the answers ,that I was looking for I'll keep them cool and in a dark place.
First time I have ordered beans over the net. And really didn't want to order online but I did and receive them with no trouble. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom