Seed suppliers

The whole customs/border thing is another reason why I want to purchase local.
I'm looking at MJ Seeds in BC.
MJ Seeds is a little less expensive on the shipping costs than True North.
This is exactly why I prefer a seed supplier in Canada as well. The whole 'seized at the border' thing is just something I'd rather avoid. Keep us informed with your experience with MJSeedsCanada because I'm strongly considering them as well.

Hi Dudes & Dudettes

Out here in the Antipodes - that's New Zealand to you heathens . . ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) - I've been considering my first grow with imported seeds. I've put it off for years, worried about seizure by customs & all the other crap that that can lead too. Unfortunately, I have run out of sources of cuttings / seeds ( this happens as you get older, get less sociable, you lose contact with people, or they get busted & you get paranoid & avoid them - Yes people, once an acquaintance (who shouldn't really know your business for a start!!) or even a life long friend gets busted, for your own safety & freedom, it is best to have only minimal contact & NO discussion of what you are doing, at least until after they are sentenced. Even then it pays to treat them - not to their face though - as a potential police informant, especially if they start asking lots of questions. Enough of the paranoia rant - suffice to say I don't have anyone I can rely on for seeds or cuttings hence asking about buying in from overseas. Herbies does seem like a reputable company & I see there's an Under Arm Bowling descendant [ ;-) ] above who has had his seeds arrive intact. Are there any Kiwis out there who have run the gambit & got seeds through to N.Z.??? Be good to hear about your experiences. PM me if you wish. either way be good to get some feedback.

Cheers

Hey everyone. Planning on putting in my first order. I just had a question. Does someone have to physically be home too accept the package or will it be put in with the regular mail?

Which one did you go with?

I have went with Herbies for the past 4 orders and they come in a reg mail and it looks like it was sent from an individual person instead of a company name. I never use the stealth option and always received it with no problems, but then again i reside in Canada where it is not hard to have seeds sent in the mail.

This is my 2nd grow. The first time I bought seeds from a head shop; they were Greenhouse Seeds brand and they were great...all germinated but 3 seedlings died becuz as a newbie I nuked them with fertilizer.

If you're looking for a Canadian seed source: in terms of quality service I'd like to recommend Cropking. The jury's still out on seed quality though because it's my first order from them and I'm just sprouting the seeds now. I ordered seeds from CK here in Canada. Their prices seem about average to me but I'm no pro. They confirmed my order right away and like they promised my seeds arrived 7-10 days later. (I don't recall how many exactly.)
Like I said in terms of how good the seeds are, I can t say yet. I'm not completely pleased though because out of 4 seeds one failed to germ and the other died in the soil before it popped up; could be several things gone wrong. I've planted two more and they both germinated right away. I put them in soil and after 2 days their heads cleared the surface. We'll see how they fare. I still have confidence in CK, in fact, I put in another order last week for some Fem auto seeds. They've got a nice catalogue that they send with the seeds.

Hempdepot is another good Canadian-based seed seller. I ordered a little while back and got my beans within about a week. They sell Beanhoarder seeds which are probably the best value out there. Great quality seeds/strains for very reasonable prices. My only complaint with Hempdepot is that they have very limited feminized options, and sell mostly regular seeds.

At long last, my herbies seeds did infact arrive. Also got a discout and 5 free seeds on next order due to the long wait
Whoop whoop +1herbies.

I have order a few times from Herbies and they have always given A+ service.

I also really like the way Herbies has it's website setup. It allows you to search many different parameters.

I will continue to have Herbies supply me with seeds when I need them!!!

Herbies is a legit sponsor. With ordering seeds, comes the risk of being seized in customs.

When you order, you are given the option to pay for standard airmail with no tracking (and they state that they cannot resend/refund orders if they do not arrive, or arrive damaged), Or you can choose the option of Insured airmail with tracking (If your order arrives damaged, or does not arrive, they are able to track it and see that it did not arrive, and will resend your order free of charge).

With that being said, I have ordered 3 times from Herbies, and every order has arrived safely. I wouldn't cross them off your list yet. I know of several others who have received their orders without a problem. And I know of people who ordered and didn't receive their order, they contacted Herbies, and their Insured order was promptly reshipped.

As for paypal, it's a personal preference. Paypal does take a chunk for themselves when you send money, and that amount is deducted from what the seller receives. That could be a reason.

I've also noticed that none of the big suppliers offer Paypal as a payment option. I think there must be something more to it than a personal preference. Most savvy retailers add this as a payment option because it's the status quo. Could it have something to do with Paypal's t's and c's?

Back
Top Bottom