Seed suppliers

OldnTired

I'm looking for discrete supplier of seeds in Canada. It would be nice if it was a one stop shop for other supplies such as nutes to.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did check out the 420 sponsor list but it would be nice if they were sorted by country.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Antics.
I'm very new to growing and I recently started growing some bag-seed that I had forgotten about for over a year.
I have no idea what strain it is, but I hope my grow will be successful. Either way I think the next grow will be made using store bought Fem-seeds just because of my limited grow space.
I live in the great white north (small town, only a few box stores with grow supplies) so I figured, why not support Canadian seed suppliers. I started browsing the 420 sponsors and I found a couple that look promising.
I also found a thread which outlines how to use the nutes from the big-box stores(diluting properly).
Now I have to try and figure out which strain will work best for the space and equipment I have.

Ok I see where you're coming from. If I didn't miss anyone, it looks like two seedbanks that sponsor 420 Magazine are from Canada:
GTA Seed Bank
MJ Seeds Canada

Feminized seeds make things A LOT easier. And if you want it even easier, autoflowering strains take all the guesswork out. I started with autos myself, but honestly, there isn't much of a difference between an auto and a regular, other than time. Autos can finish faster, but can often give less yield when harvested. Regular feminized plants give YOU control over when they flower, at least when grown indoors.

It's also important to consider what you're using Cannabis for. Knowing which ailment(s) you plan to treat will help in deciding on a strain. Or if it's just 'recreational' (which still has amazing relaxing and therapeutic effects) Your options are open to pretty much any strain.

I wonder why none of the suppliers I have looked at take PayPal.
Is there something about PayPal that seed suppliers don't like?

Herbies is a legit sponsor. With ordering seeds, comes the risk of being seized in customs.

When you order, you are given the option to pay for standard airmail with no tracking (and they state that they cannot resend/refund orders if they do not arrive, or arrive damaged), Or you can choose the option of Insured airmail with tracking (If your order arrives damaged, or does not arrive, they are able to track it and see that it did not arrive, and will resend your order free of charge).

With that being said, I have ordered 3 times from Herbies, and every order has arrived safely. I wouldn't cross them off your list yet. I know of several others who have received their orders without a problem. And I know of people who ordered and didn't receive their order, they contacted Herbies, and their Insured order was promptly reshipped.

As for paypal, it's a personal preference. Paypal does take a chunk for themselves when you send money, and that amount is deducted from what the seller receives. That could be a reason.

The whole customs/border thing is another reason why I want to purchase local.
I'm looking at MJ Seeds in BC.
MJ Seeds is a little less expensive on the shipping costs than True North.

So here is another question, now that I have decided on a supplier which stain would be best for me?
1. Medical use to manage pain associated with Crohns and Arthritis.
2. Some recreational use. (Alcohol does not play well with my Crohns)
3. Indoor grow space limited to 6x2x6 LWH, I can get whatever lighting works best. Currently using 4' T8 bulbs but looking at a DIY Cree LED lighting solution at some point.
4. I have only ever used black market MJ, therefore I do not have a lot of experience with different strains.

Thanks

I suggest a High CBD indica strain to help manage your pain levels better then just THC alone.

Here is a chart of cannabinoids and their uses

Ailments_and_Corresponding_Cannabinoids.jpg

What did you end up getting J??! Awesome news and seems like they have good customer service.. Kind of feeling a little more confident with herbies than some other seedbanks I've browsed through. Does anyome know of any seed banks in the U.S.?

Nice choices! Are you planning on starting a grow journal? If so let me know so I can sub! I was interested in getting some KC myself.. good luck and happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom