Seedbank seed genetic history

cnile

im curious for breeding purposes if someone knows. can i take a male and female from seedbank seeds and polinate in flower for true breeders or how does it work?

if you buy regular seeds and are lucky enough to get a male you can breed them , but saying that i think they will all turn out different until its stabilized its a bit tricky
one of the best ways is just to self the plant you like , if yo get female you love clone her then reverse a clone and pollinate the other clones when in flower

I have regulars. They are starting to show.
I think I found the female I want as mom. It's the first to show. As you said stabilize I assume you mean she doesn't turn herm?
Arnt seedbank seeds genetic hybrids and if I breed them without first producing true breeders I will get unfavorable traits in my seeds?

Also do you know about cloning clones?

Thanks

Wouldn't this make herm seeds since it's 2 clones of the same plant?

Sent from my SM-N930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
No. It makes feminized seeds. There will be 100% female genes there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No.....because believe it or not when you use silver to cause it to create male flowers. It is a self preservation technique for the plant. Even though the plant will create male pollen and flower there was never male genetics introduced. The plant even with those male flowers popping is still most definitely female when it comes to genetics and will remain that way until an actual male is introduced

No.....because believe it or not when you use silver to cause it to create male flowers. It is a self preservation technique for the plant. Even though the plant will create male pollen and flower there was never male genetics introduced. The plant even with those male flowers popping is still most definitely female when it comes to genetics and will remain that way until an actual male is introduced

So then its basically a clone in a seed of the mother?

Sent from my SM-N930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Same exact genetics....it's an identical twin

No. Absolutely not. A "selfed" or "feminized" seed is NOT an identical twin of the parent. Although the seed industry is more than happy to let people think this, it's simply not so. (If it was, then why do so many "feminized" seeds show as male, for instance?)
I'm not going to go into a long botanical discussion on how cannabis genetics actually work, here right now, but with a bit of deep reading (try R.C. Clark's "Cannabis Botany") one can easily see that femmd/self'd seeds are not at all a "clone" of the female donor plant.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Doc I guess we just agree to disagree.

If you use colloidal silver to change a cola to male and self polinate that plant it will have the exact genes as the mother because their was no other genes introduced. If im wrong then im wrong aling with millions of other people that are misinformed from studies published by scientist. But if I am wrong can you please let me know where to look for the correct information.

But im talking about using silver not just grabbing seeds from a hermie.

But if you are talking about the process of actually feminising seeds then I would think you are 100% correct but then again thats my opinion thats not something I read.

Even with feminised seeds their is always a chance the plant could hermie or change due to contributing factors.....ex.stress. nothing is ever fool proof

Incorrect. Using CS or STS doesn't bottleneck the genotype or phenotype, and it increases the likelihood of sensitivity leading to reversal exponentially. Unfortunately the whole "feminized seeds are copies of the mom" myth have been repeated ad nauseam for about the past seven years and people now think it's true.
The best breeders won't sell feminized seeds, but unfortunately many seed companies have given way to public pressure because of the demand and gross profitability.

If I am wrong PLEASE TELL ME and direct me to the rite info. Im going by what studies ive read plus experience with people using silver.

Go read at the serious, old school forums like IC, the information is buried there, in spades. This forum is mainly newbie based and doesn't really lend itself to the deep scientific discussions that have been had elsewhere.

Go read at the serious, old school forums like IC, the information is buried there, in spades. This forum is mainly newbie based and doesn't really lend itself to the deep scientific discussions that have been had elsewhere.

Thx doc I will check it out....wasnt trying to be a smart ass I was being serious. I know feminised seeds can hermie to but usually the tend to be female for the most part

You will get a seed that contains ALL the same genetic material the original seed contained. That does not mean each successive plant will be an exact copy. Each seed does/will contain many traits that are and are not expressed by the plant. It is a genetic crap shoot with a lean of the odds in our favor.

Think of it like this. You have brown hair, the wife blonde, but you still have a chance of spitting out a ginger. :)

Back
Top Bottom