Seeding a single bud on a harvest?

Sonman

Hi everyone.
I'm going to try and make my own seeds. And wondering if it will hurt my potency on buds if I pollinate a single nugget on my plant. Or should I clone a piece for seed? I made my own colloidal silver and plan to herm a node for pollen and use it back on the plant. Should I be concerned or just delay pollinating until closer the harvest time to reduce the impact? How long does it take to get nice seeds from the day you add pollen? I have a small grow space and bought over a dozen singles I want to try. Clones will put my plant numbers to high and figure it will take several grows to try em all however l like to save all the genetics I try. Or even cross a few. Any advice is appreciated as I don't want to spoil my plant quality in the process as well.

Yeah I do it all the time. Didn't take as good of care this time and ended up with a seed or 2 on other plants. Be careful and this won't happen.

It is better to do a whole branch than just one bud. if you decide to do it I can walk you through the proccess. It takes a bunch of typing so I will wait to see if you want it LMAO.

Awesome, thank you both. I have no problems with the process. Just wanted to make sure I don't degrade the rest of the plant in the process. I seen a few other resources mention it however none ever pollinated a single bud or branch. What I'll do is use my colidol silver starting when I flip. Once I see pods start and almost ripe, I'll bag it and remove the branch to another part of the house in a water glass. The pod will break in a safe place. I should have enough from the stem to give me pollen for A branch and maybe even freeze a little for a cross as it can be kept for 6 months + in the freezer if kept dry. Emilya, great pics on your seed turorial. That certainly gave what I needed to see. I may do some pics along the way and post my results. Cheers.:blunt:

From what I have noticed there is not a huge difference between the weed on the seeded branches and the rest of the plant. My plants didn't produce a ton of seeds so that may have had something to do with it. Even with more seeds on that same branch it shouldn't reduce the THC to the rest of the plant. If it does it won't be very noticeable.

I have also never gotten much pollen from my reversed plants. You may want to use every bit of pollen you can on that one branch. No use risking what little will be left. Better to get the seeds now if they are going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom