seedling didnt pop up

pyro2006

hi every one i germinated 8 seeds and left them under 3 cfs for a week now and they didnt pop up yet and advice ??:Rasta:

ok but they germed and showed the small root for abut 5 days now if nothing happened i am going to start over again.
ohh and will the plant grow good with out nutes?
and ill post the pic of my older plant that died from bad weather

27012007_007_.jpg
tis is my old plant and the other oned r seeldnlings 1 week old and 3 days old
27012007_002_.jpg

27012007_001_.jpg

27012007.jpg

and sorry for bad pics mobile cam:cheesygrinsmiley:

There's not enough information here. How did you germinate the seeds and at what temperature? Seeds should be kept warm while germinating. If a seed doesn't crack open in 24 to 48 hours while germinating, I toss it out. Carp, 2 weeks germinating? Come on..be serious. What kind of soil are you growing in, pyro? Are you using any kind of jiffy pellet or are you stuffing the germinated seed directly into the soil? I mix perlite or vermiculite 50/50 with the soil. It has great drainage that way and allows air into the soil after the water leeches out the bottom of the pots. For your question about nutes, no..plants won't do well without them. Some growers say not to use nutrients during the veg stage but I'm not of that school at all. Plants need food straight from the get-go, at least after the first week for sure. I salt my soils with a high nitrogen fert before I even put the seeds into it. The nitrogen blasts them right out of the gate. They love having something to eat. When you switch the lights to 12/12, start using a high phosphate fert at about 1/4 strength and work up to 1/2 strength.

Racefan said:
The reason we tell growers not to nute the first 2 or 3 weeks is because the soil almost always contain a small amount of nutrients. Adding more can over fertilize and burn the small feeder hairs from the new babies which will basically kill them. Better safe than sorry.

That's why I put the fertilizer right into the soil before I plant. It gives the nutrients time to spread into the soil. I've never had problems with burn. Works for me I guess. My girls look pretty healthy :smokin:

Oh yeah 2 weeks or more is normal, but usually if you go stright into soil.. the most time in my personal experiance with the napkin bag method and a constant 85f degree temp was a week and a half.. It just depends on the age of the seed.. Yes the better fresh ones will germ in 24 to 48 hours, but it is not set in stone as to how long all seeds will take... Oh and I totally agree with the nute issue after a week or 2 and 50% perlite or vorcumilte being used for seedlings.

Germination is the term for what happenes when the seed turns into a seedling. It has nothing whatsoever to do with cups of water or paper towels.
Every seed I've planted in my 40 years of MJ growing has been sowed directly into soil.
Seedlings need no nutrients during their 1st 12 days of life because it's already contained in the seed. After 12 days, start feedling them; 1/3 strength the first time, 1/2 strength the next time, etc. Too much fert. can kill them or stunt their growth.

Back
Top Bottom