Seedling help!

stephyyy

Hey!

So April 15th I planted most of my seeds then a week later planted some more, pictures included of my plants right now. My problem is I planted in solo cups with somewhat of jagged holes in the bottom. The roots are now growing out of the bottom of some of the plants. Please help with advice of what I should do now. Transplant? But what if the roots break? I’m scurred lol P.s- this is an emergency haha
Thank youuuu!

Attachments

• 2D341F48-98C6-41B8-BF43-2F740AE295F9.jpeg
    2D341F48-98C6-41B8-BF43-2F740AE295F9.jpeg
    718 KB · Views: 171
  • EC527600-6178-4E41-9F73-958E1A07BA3E.jpeg
    EC527600-6178-4E41-9F73-958E1A07BA3E.jpeg
    628.3 KB · Views: 177
  • DB58C41E-9CB1-40EF-AF19-77A81BB3B8E4.jpeg
    DB58C41E-9CB1-40EF-AF19-77A81BB3B8E4.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 173
If the roots are growing out the bottom of the pots then get them in a bigger one... don't worry about the roots when you move them, just be gentle and they will be fine. Cut the pots away if you think it will be a problem
They look healthy btw :thumb:

A few busted roots is fine

Hell I'll scrunch mine up a bit when I transplant to get em going a bit

Transplant ASAP my friend

If the roots are growing out the bottom of the pots then get them in a bigger one... don't worry about the roots when you move them, just be gentle and they will be fine. Cut the pots away if you think it will be a problem
They look healthy btw :thumb:
Ok thank you! Problem is, I don’t have a huge space for an indoor set up and the plants still have about 3 more weeks inside I got slightly larger pots than the solo cups, they are the same height but wider if that makes sense. I couldn’t find anything taller. I hope my lights will get to all the plants now that they will take up more space in the bigger pots. Omg I timed this wrong haha. Do you think they will be fine in this size for the next 3 weeks until they go in their forever 10 g grow bags ? Pic included

Attachments

• 690CB26F-7A33-48B6-9139-DD74BBEDDFB2.jpeg
    690CB26F-7A33-48B6-9139-DD74BBEDDFB2.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 149
A few busted roots is fine

Hell I'll scrunch mine up a bit when I transplant to get em going a bit

Transplant ASAP my friend
Ok haha the new pots are wider but the same height so the roots are gonna have to grow outwards I guess and they are gona get scrunched down at the bottom. Do you think it’s fine for the next 3 weeks before they go in their forever grow bags?

. Do you think they will be fine in this size for the next 3 weeks

They'll be ok,don't expect too much growth till they go outside,though,not a lot more root space in the new pots...

Rootbound won't kill them,they'll just stop growing for awhile,and
it might stunt them a bit when all's said and done...but what ya gonna do-it is what it is...

Like when you buy a potted plant at the nursery-they're always rootbound,but once they're in the ground,they start growing again-they may just pause for a week or 2,but they take off after that.

I thought you might :thumb:

Sorry, didn`t mean to scare you :hug:
Ok so 6 down so far. 1 of them basically fell apart in my hands so I put it together as best I can and added the new soil around it. I’m fucking sweating will the plants make after this trauma? Also, they were already watered in the morning, I should not be watering right now after the transplant right? Omg

Back
Top Bottom