Seedling is yellowing!

Exoticbliss

Over the past few days I've been noticing one of my 4 day old seedlings leaves are starting to yellow rapidly! I must say it doesn't look like it's completely dry or fried but the stem is purple as well. What could this be?

Any feedback on proper CFL lighting for 2 plants? - it's been about 4-5 since it broke ground. I will be adding on two more so I'm assuming id double it wattage.

Please help :( :(

Wilting
image34468.jpg

Here's a pic of my other one which seems to be doing decent
image34466.jpg

Forgot to mention I currently have one 23w CFL 6500 "cool white" . I'm going to get some new lighting tomorrow morning so I need to know what I'm actually looking for! Thanks in advance, xoxo

purple stem and yellow leaves = stress

so either fix nutes or change medium

best lights to buy are 315w cmh, they last longer then hps and are full spectrum :volcano-smiley:

Hi guys! Thanks for all your help

Day 7:
23w CFL ( cool white)
18/6 cycle
Distilled water
No nutes- until atleast day 15 or so

The seedling that wasn't looking to good seems to be doing much better and looks greener!
image27087.jpg

Here is seedling #2 which has been doing well without any issues and getting bigger!
image34582.jpg

She's improved lots on her own. Almost looked like nute burn in the first pic. And you don't get hot spots from foil with CFLs. They just don't have the intensity to focus enough heat. I just wrap foil around the back of CFLs to bounce the light forward to the plants. Can't get closer than that. :)

One CFL for each plant is enough for now. Keep them close as 2"/5cm away and more light comes off the sides of the bulbs than the ends so try to have the bulbs horizontal. Put foil on the back with the dull side out. Give the seedlings a little flick around with your finger to keep the stems tough but don't break them. I'm pretty mean to mine and they like it! lol

They look like they are doing OK for now but if/when you repot them add a lot more perlite to the new soil. They like that. 20 - 30 % is good.

:peace:

Eventually if you do stick with cfls you might want to get 6-8 of the 23w cfls and if you want a cheap source of reflective material that is a little bit better then foil i would recommend emergency blankets they can be found at wally fart in the camping section for like $2. Otherwise they look nice and happy. Take it easy bud.

Back
Top Bottom