Seedling Just Sitting There After a Full Week

OlderStoner

I planted a seed in some potting soil and waited. After 8 days, I saw the top of the seedling start coming through the soil. I tended it very carefully with water and sunshine. But after more that a week now it's just sitting there. No growth or second set of leaves at all. It's outside in direct sun and against my better judgement I gave it a small dose of ferts. It's still sitting there only a couple of inches tall and showing nothing more than what it's been since it sprouted. Should I hold out on this one or just give it up? I've done plenty of previous grows but I've never encountered one like this that just shows nothing for the effort.

don't give up on it yet @OlderStoner
don't feed it much water or fert. you should know at this stage they letterly don't need much.

what is the light setting for them>?

don't give up on it yet @OlderStoner
don't feed it much water or fert. you should know at this stage they letterly don't need much.

what is the light setting for them>?
What PK1 mentions. There is no need for fertilizers at this stage. Just about any potting soil with some natural soil or compost mixed in will have enough to get a seedling through the early stage. No need to water more than a tiny bit every 4-5 days since a small plant will not need much.

1) Some strains just are slower early on. (2) Little ones are usually doing roots development, which we can't see. (3) I start with Tri-mix or black earth/humus with twently percent potting soil with mycorrhiza and five percent vermiculite. The v. helps retain a bit of water so that you don't have to water every 15 minutes, and its good for texture.

Back
Top Bottom